Author Topic: The Elementalist  (Read 3909 times)

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
The Elementalist
« on: August 11, 2014, 12:12:59 PM »
Planning for the Elementalist has finalized up to the creation of the files!

The Elementalist is a pet centric class that will differ from all Tl2 classes I know of in that the player will have no direct attacks available to them.

This will allow the pets to be balanced beyond what we see with the necromancer, and that the pets themselves will take 'direction' from the player in terms of buffs that unlock pet attacks.

The elementalist will also be different in that it will have 9 (maybe 10) activated skills and 0 passives. 

The skill types will fall into 3 catagories, with a few subcatagories of each available.

PETS: pets will be represented by Master Minions where you have 1 available summon that increases in strength with skill points invested, and Horde Minions where you will have more then 1 available.   Pets will be tracked with the necro minion tracker.

ATTACK SPELL BUFFS:  All pets will be generic in their attacks until the player casts a ATTACK SPELL BUFF, obviously to be renamed.   This will cause a pet centric buff to effect all pets, giving them a specific stat that will unlock spells in the pets spell list for use.    Some attackbuffs will be assigned by timer others by triggerable uses.  Basically you want your player to cast a fireball, you will cast a INFERNO attackspellbuff that will hit all your pets near by, enabling everyone of them to start casting fireballs or firebreaths while the buff lasts.   A frost nova, frost aura, melting pools, earthquakes and tremors will fill the attacks for pet/player interaction.

PLAYER/PET BUFFS:  You can't live long without some sort of enhancement to your player through buffs.   These buffs will generally also translate directly to your pets as well as yourself.    Damage resistance might be capped by gear, but when it also effects your pet, you might consider it a viable option!  Movement speed and health regen and armor bonus's...

Basically this is creating a pet centric class that can be balanced around the pet being strong enough to be useful, yet not too OP that when used with an attack spell from the player that it would break the gameplay..

The elementalist is fully planned out, I still plan to involve the community with its development but somethings will happen regardless of desires.
People motivate themselves, and are inspired by others.
--- I love making FUN encounters, the ones that make you scream with terror, and remember them forever! ---
**more awesome then an awesome possum**

waffles2013

Re: The Elementalist
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2014, 02:56:32 AM »
hey salan any idea on realse the necro is good and all but i do find the summons to be well sum wat weak and also can you check out my latest post

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2014, 04:38:40 PM »
necro was designed to be a hybrid mage/creature character, so ya, the pets aren't everything for it.

Elementalist is fully planned out but not in the files yet.
People motivate themselves, and are inspired by others.
--- I love making FUN encounters, the ones that make you scream with terror, and remember them forever! ---
**more awesome then an awesome possum**

waffles2013

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2014, 03:53:17 PM »
looking forward to it bud loving the work your doin me myself would love to learn how to do mods