Author Topic: The Chargebar  (Read 1777 times)

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
The Chargebar
« on: August 11, 2014, 12:17:16 PM »
The chargebar for the elementalist is mostly planned.

when Full it will summon a ember colosus, which will change its behaviors based on which player buffs are cast while it is live.  The ember Colosus will drain charge from the player while alive making it hard to rebuild charge with one leeching your life force.  the Colosus will be on a timer most likely for how long it lives.

When empty it will blanket any alive pets with a bonus buff, this is not likely to happen often but you can time your summons and buffs to take advantage of a empty charge bar 'rage' component you will benifit from it!

When filling I am not sure yet, I don't want to copy the other charge bars with blanket buffs to pets and players.   This one I will put to the community,

WHAT DO YOU THINK THE CHARGEBAR SHOULD DO AS A BONUS WHILE NOT EMPTY NOR FULL...
People motivate themselves, and are inspired by others.
--- I love making FUN encounters, the ones that make you scream with terror, and remember them forever! ---
**more awesome then an awesome possum**

Miothan

• Bring in the dead, for the living has no use!
Re: The Chargebar
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2014, 12:48:42 PM »
Since its supposed to be a pet and minion class, i think it would be perfect to have 4 minor elementals spawn from the charge bar between 1-99% (Since at 100% you summon the big guy :D)

something like:

at 10%: Summon a Lesser Earth Element to crush your foes! (has high health regen and high defensive stats, should have a good single target ability for decent dmg, and if possible to create such as skills, a Taunt ability)
at 25%: Summon a Lesser Air Elemental to aid you and your minions! (Can cast some minor speed/armor/dmg buff for minions like 10% and also do minor dmg)
at 50%: Summon a Lesser Water Elemental to aid you in your battles! (Can cast Healing spells on your character, and a AoE Healing spell which effects your pet and minions aswell  and also buff you with perhaps some defensive buffs such as +500 all armor or something else)
at 80%: Summon a Lesser Fire Elemental to devastate your foes! (Can cast Fire Pillars! and Rain of Fire + some decent Single Target Ability)

They should last untill they die so you dont have to keep the charge bar at 100% all the time. Could also be a passive skill which unlocks the 1-4 lesser elementals summoned from chargebar at 5-15 points invested.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 01:42:37 PM by Miothan »
What was once dead, can be made into servants of death and destruction. Feast on the innocent, slaughter the weak and punish those who would stand in your way!

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2014, 01:45:23 PM »
I don't think this will work so much, i'll put up a plan on what the class will be and you'll see why it might be too many minions.
--- I love making FUN encounters, the ones that make you scream with terror, and remember them forever! ---

cdsa142

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2014, 01:17:25 PM »
Give the Elementalist some protection while his chargebar is filling up. Elementalist will be at his most vulnerable before he can get his minions out, so make his shield stronger the more empty his chargebar.

As far as theme/lore, you could say the elementalist is shedding part of his/her self to create the minions. While there isn't an ember collosus running around, he/she is "wearing" an ember collosus.

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2014, 06:03:20 PM »
Good idea