Author Topic: Elementalist tree: Fire  (Read 6614 times)

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
Elementalist tree: Fire
« on: August 13, 2014, 03:44:29 AM »
May you never consider Fire as a straight forward damage dealing tree again!

The elementalist has 9 tiers and no passives.

There are three types of spells found on the elementalist:  PBAOE PET BUFFS (these spells are cast in a area around the player and last either a duration or use amount on the pets, each pet TYPE has a different outcome for each pet buffs) AURA'S (on going chants that the player effects his pets around themselves) SUMMON PET (pets that get summoned will deal damage of the type of element they are summoned from, but this does not mean the pet is MADE of that element precisely.)

MOST PETS come with only auto attack, and no built in special attacks

All fire BUFFS will effect fire minions extremely well, earth minions a reasonably fair amount, and will be weaker on any ice minions

Tier1:  Summon Ratman -- Fire torch bearing Ratmen come to the call of the elementalist, ready to fight fire with fire!  (consider these to be like skeletons on the necromancer, but they get way cooler !!!)
5 skill points:  More ratmen are summoned
10 skill points: More ratmen are summoned
15 skill points: More ratmen are summoned

Tier2: Fireball- PBAOE PET BUFF Assigns pets the ability to cast the Fireball spell. --   The pet can cast this spell 2 times before it stops functioning, damage scales per investment.
5 skill points:  Pets can now cast this spell 3 times
10 skill points: Pets can now cast this spell 4 times
15 skill points: Pets can now cast this spell 5 times

Tier3: Immolation Aura -- effects all pets within aura radius:  Increases Damage done by fire effects by % amount.
5 skill points:   Adds a flat + fire damage to all fire damage done.
10 skill points:  Adds a secondary damage amount whenever Fire damage Crits.
15 skill points:  Adds a 'on death' explosion if a fire skill kills a monster.

Tier4: Summon Hellhounds -- Summons 2 loyal hellhounds to fight for the Elementalist
5 skill points: Hellhounds increase in size
10 skill points: Hellhounds increase in attackspeed significantly
15 skill points: Hellhounds increase in castspeed significantly

Tier5:Inferno Flame- PBAOE PET BUFF  Assigns pets the ability to cast a inferno flame ground effect spell (ground fire DOT) Pets can cast it once.
5 skill points:  DOT lasts longer
10 skill points: Reduces the cooldown on re-use
15 skill points: Pets can cast the Inferno Flame twice before needing it reapplied.

Tier6: Scorched- PBAOE PET BUFF Sacrifises any pet within range in a ball of fire, increasing the elementalists charge amount drastically and dealing large amounts of fire damage to enemies.
5 skill points:  TBA
10 skill points:  TBA
15 skill points: TBA

Tier7: Fire Pillars -- PBAOE PET BUFF -- Assigns pets the ability cast Flame pillars once each.  Limited amount of pillars per pet (more for fire, less for ice)
5 skill points: adds duration of pillars
10 skill points: adds pillars
15 skill points: Increases strength of pillars drastically

Tier8: Fire Orb Aura -- applies a Fire Orb to a single fire pet near the elementalist, unlocking a special fire spell.
5 skill points: Aura radius increased
10 skill points:  Can effect earth pets as well (same power of spell)
15 skill points: A second fire pet can be effected by the aura

Tier9: Inferno Skeleton --  Summon a Giant Skeleton to fight for the elementalist (will not be like the necromancer inferno's in abilities)-- when it is effected by a FIRE SPELL BUFF the skeleton will burst into flame and also have access to an inherent fire attack.
5 skill points: the skeleton is immune to Fire damage!
10 skill points: While on fire the skeleton gains DR and Health Regen
15 skill points: Is always on fire!

Passive1: Fire Summons -- Every time a Fire monster is summoned they explode onto the scene damaging enemies around them with a DOT.
DOT scales with skill points, and increases how many monsters can be effected by the explosion as well as the cooldown of the skill between explosions.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2014, 06:25:50 PM by Salan »
People motivate themselves, and are inspired by others.
--- I love making FUN encounters, the ones that make you scream with terror, and remember them forever! ---
**more awesome then an awesome possum**

potterman28wxcv

Re: Elementalist tree: Fire
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2014, 01:26:47 PM »
That's how the Witch Doctor of Diablo 3 should have been ! (and what i was expecting when watching their demos)

So I see the fire pets are concentrating on damage ; i guess the ice pets will be more about freezing, and earth pets about slowing down ?

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2014, 01:27:20 PM »
Ya, mostly :)
--- I love making FUN encounters, the ones that make you scream with terror, and remember them forever! ---

dreams

• Synergies Focus Group
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2014, 07:54:17 PM »
Some very nice interesting ideas. How would the PBAOE spell's damage work? Same for all pets? Many small pets vs one big pets?

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2014, 10:55:47 PM »
There are small horde style pets and large master style pets, each and every single pet will get its own complete version of each 'ATTACKSPELL that is activated by the ELEMENTALISTSPBAOEBUFF'  ... so the stronger the pet most likely the stronger the spells damage.. also if a pet is a fire pet his ICE spells will likely be a lot less then the ice pets versions.

Zuzu

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2014, 04:37:10 AM »
One question. Wouldnt fire jellys or some other more elemental-like creature siuts better than ratmans? Just feel like it doesnt siut. Looks fantastic anyway !!!

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2014, 08:29:28 AM »
One question. Wouldnt fire jellys or some other more elemental-like creature siuts better than ratmans? Just feel like it doesnt siut. Looks fantastic anyway !!!

monsters are likely to change.  I was thinking rats because they have a bunch of animations already that can help makeit look good.

And they haveflaming torches

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2014, 06:26:04 PM »
added 10th skill, passive1

Rigomortis

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2014, 06:46:50 AM »
Salan, sorry if this post is ignorant on my part, but would it be possible to have pets with varying roles, like a bodyguard (protects the elementalist and hinders enemies who come close), healer etc?
« Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 10:22:47 AM by Rigomortis »

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2014, 02:12:45 PM »
Ya, there should be things like that in a pet centric class for sure.

I did a lot more design work on this class, it gets a lot more complicated then the ranger did, but I have been waiting to work on it as I am starting to work on the paladin first.

Akura

« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2014, 11:25:29 AM »
I like this class design : D

JeremiahLoh

« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2015, 07:32:31 AM »
Not sure if I'm getting foggy memory. But what about using those floating ember enemies in the First Act. Replacing the energies obviously for the other 2 elements.

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2015, 02:55:01 AM »
I was importing monsters from torchlight 1 to help :)

Mezicus

« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2017, 01:51:44 PM »
I know I am a bit late to the party but after reading about the elementalist, I am very excited.  The other classes that have pets are very mediocre and don't preform well at high level, but pet classes have always been my favorites.  I am looking forward to having a legitimate, full-blown, pet class and I can't wait.  I am hoping that the developement has not been forgotten.  Please let me know if there are continued plans for posting this masterpiece 😊