Author Topic: Crit chance cap?  (Read 2358 times)

Sir Critalot

Crit chance cap?
« on: August 20, 2014, 02:22:42 PM »
Hi all,

My Level 89 Necromancer has 63.8% crit chance @ 535 Dex atm. No matter how much points I invest in Dex, crit chance won't get any higher. So, does this mean thar crit chance can't get beyond this value?

potterman28wxcv

Re: Crit chance cap?
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2014, 02:31:23 PM »
Nope ; that means that the dexterity curve tends to be less and less effective past a cap. But you can still increase your crit chance further with items that directly add crit chance  ;)

Sir Critalot

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2014, 04:21:42 PM »
Hmm, not really sure about that. I did experiment with changing armor with differen dex on them, even if I wear armor which gives me >20 dex compared  to now: no change in crit percentage. All my other stats still level quite ok, best is vitality with +0.5 to +0.6 per point.

potterman28wxcv

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2014, 04:30:53 PM »
I mean, you need to wear items that give you like :
+5% to critical chance

So, upgrading your critical chance without using dexterity.

Miothan

• Bring in the dead, for the living has no use!
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2014, 05:02:05 PM »
Hmm, not really sure about that. I did experiment with changing armor with differen dex on them, even if I wear armor which gives me >20 dex compared  to now: no change in crit percentage. All my other stats still level quite ok, best is vitality with +0.5 to +0.6 per point.

500 DEX is the cap, after 500 you gain nothing.

The only way of gaining more +crit chance after you reach dex cap, is through gear or character passives that gives you +crit chance
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 05:21:21 PM by Miothan »
What was once dead, can be made into servants of death and destruction. Feast on the innocent, slaughter the weak and punish those who would stand in your way!

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2014, 06:10:19 PM »
its on my list of things to do to restructure the stats to extend all of them to 1000, but I haven't had time yet.
People motivate themselves, and are inspired by others.
--- I love making FUN encounters, the ones that make you scream with terror, and remember them forever! ---
**more awesome then an awesome possum**

Sir Critalot

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2014, 03:35:33 PM »
Ok, thanks Miothan & Salan, that were the answers I was looking for. So atm I can stop investing in Dex and moreover I can switch to armor with other stats than Dex to improve strength or vitality as long as Dex is not lowered below 500.

Do the other stats also have a cap?

Miothan

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2014, 04:27:29 PM »
Ok, thanks Miothan & Salan, that were the answers I was looking for. So atm I can stop investing in Dex and moreover I can switch to armor with other stats than Dex to improve strength or vitality as long as Dex is not lowered below 500.

Do the other stats also have a cap?

Stat caps:

STR: 1,000
DEX: 500
FOC: 1,000
VIT: 1,000

STR: Each point in STR increases damage done with %weapon DPS abilities and physical damage abilities, however, at 1,000 STR you stop getting any +crit damage from STR as the cap for +crit damage from STR is +400%.(+0.4% crit dmg per point)

DEX: 500 Dex is the cap, you gain nothing after 500. (dont remember the exact stat gains to dodge and Crit chance)

FOC: Each point in FOC increases damage done with %weapon DPs abilities and magic/elemental damage abilities, at 1,000 FOC you stop getting mana from FOC, but you still increase your magic damage. (You also get +60% chance to execute from FOC at 500 i think it is.)

VIT: Caps out at 1,000, after that you get nothing, not even HP. +block from vit caps at 500 already i think it is, however, VIT has an upscaling curve, so the more you have, the more each point is worth, total gains from 1,000 VIT is 19998 HP. You also get +0.55% all armor per point in VIT which caps out at +550% to all armor at 1,000 VIT which is nice for VIT heavy character builds.

Would not recommend going above 300 DEX tho as the diminishing return for dex kicks in quite heavily after ~180 dex. Better to get STR/FOC/VIT with those points then.

« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 04:29:53 PM by Miothan »
What was once dead, can be made into servants of death and destruction. Feast on the innocent, slaughter the weak and punish those who would stand in your way!

oweb2

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2014, 08:25:21 AM »
Seems like a read somewhere eons ago, that once you get to around 200 or 250 it becomes the law of diminishing returns.....and its better to just start pumping points into strength. 

This was either for Focus or Dex don't really remember, so take this entire comment with a grain of salt unless I can find that thread on the runic forums (probably won't)

potterman28wxcv

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2014, 07:33:07 PM »
Seems like a read somewhere eons ago, that once you get to around 200 or 250 it becomes the law of diminishing returns.....and its better to just start pumping points into strength. 

This was either for Focus or Dex don't really remember, so take this entire comment with a grain of salt unless I can find that thread on the runic forums (probably won't)

Actually I think it's strength that is good at the beginning and then have diminishing returns ; so for example for Emberquake, it's better to first put into strength, and then putting into focus give more returns

Miothan

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2014, 08:08:35 PM »
STR has diminishing returns on +%weapon damage, but will always give you +0.4% crit dmg per point (until you hit its cap of +400% from str)

Focus  has diminishing returns on everything, how many points it takes to gain 1 mana, the +magic damage you gain and +chance to execute.

Dex diminishes as well, and at some point it will take 2 dex to gain 0.1% crit chance/dodge chance, at that point it is a waste to invest in dex if you can invest points elsewhere.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 08:14:32 PM by Miothan »

oweb2

« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2014, 04:05:27 PM »
STR has diminishing returns on +%weapon damage, but will always give you +0.4% crit dmg per point (until you hit its cap of +400% from str)

Focus  has diminishing returns on everything, how many points it takes to gain 1 mana, the +magic damage you gain and +chance to execute.

Dex diminishes as well, and at some point it will take 2 dex to gain 0.1% crit chance/dodge chance, at that point it is a waste to invest in dex if you can invest points elsewhere.

Dex is the one I remember, this was around the time I was playing with my outlander.