Author Topic: Embermage, weaksause?  (Read 19810 times)

alteisen

Re: Embermage, weaksause?
« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2014, 08:05:38 AM »
Problem is, Wands and Staffs so-far have been very bad, which is why i want the restriction to be removed, if a Wand and Staff is to be used, then they have to be good enough to BE used, right now tehre is not a single wand or staff that beats out the available weapons that are NOT wands and/or staffs.

And it becomes a problem as well, becuase, if a certain weapon is not a wand or a staff and is the best weapon, then those 2 abilities are useless as you cant use them (Which is the case right now)

Wand and staff mastery could simply be changed to work with one-handed weapon equiped and 2-handed weapon equiped so that the passives can be used, cause right now you are nerfing your Embermage if you equip a wand or staff just to use any of those 2 abilities.

Gah. I can't disagree with this. I remember Prismatic Bolt using fist weapon as main weapon. But I don't understand if embermage use other weapons, how does focus affect damage calculation if the weapon doesn't have any elemental damage???

Miothan

• Bring in the dead, for the living has no use!
« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2014, 08:18:37 AM »
Gah. I can't disagree with this. I remember Prismatic Bolt using fist weapon as main weapon. But I don't understand if embermage use other weapons, how does focus affect damage calculation if the weapon doesn't have any elemental damage???

There are quite a few weapons that are not wands or staffs that has elemental damage on them, and they are also better to use than the existing wands/staffs which is why i find the current wand and staff restriction useless.

Not all T1 weapons have been released tho, so might be a good enough wand/staff weapon released for T1.
What was once dead, can be made into servants of death and destruction. Feast on the innocent, slaughter the weak and punish those who would stand in your way!

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2014, 12:02:08 AM »
the dragon staff not good enough ? or was it because its fire?
People motivate themselves, and are inspired by others.
--- I love making FUN encounters, the ones that make you scream with terror, and remember them forever! ---
**more awesome then an awesome possum**

Miothan

« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2014, 01:12:07 AM »
the dragon staff not good enough ? or was it because its fire?

Problem is, you only get 2 mythical Sockets vs. 4 Mythical Sockets if you dual-wield, and since there are only 3 viable options to use for %weapon DPS Skills with the Embermage (In total there is only 5 abilities that uses %weapon DPS, 1 melee, 4 ranged, but arc beam is not a viable ranged ability, so only 3 remains which are: Ice Blast, Shockbolts and Magma Spear) theres really less emphasis on how much damage the weapon has, and more emphasis on the utility a weapon brings for Embermages.

When the brimstone weapon+shield is released i am sure that will be the best option for the Embermage from the looks of it atm.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 01:23:46 AM by Miothan »
What was once dead, can be made into servants of death and destruction. Feast on the innocent, slaughter the weak and punish those who would stand in your way!

alteisen

« Reply #34 on: October 02, 2014, 11:04:35 PM »
Rather than create a new thread, I think I just make the post in here.

I found another solution to increase damage. Give the 3 brands, staff mastery, and wand chaos bonus percentage elemental attacks. But for staff mastery and wand chaos, the bonus only apply when use staff or wands. Outlander has elemental mastery, so why embermage not? I just realize this when I can buy sets at level 50. The percentage bonus is really helping A LOT.

BTW no one complaining about lightningstorm isn't gaining charge? I guess not many people using storm tree.

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #35 on: October 03, 2014, 01:31:10 AM »
more people actually complained about it gaining charge, when the other elements storms didn't.
--- I love making FUN encounters, the ones that make you scream with terror, and remember them forever! ---

Miothan

« Reply #36 on: October 03, 2014, 12:41:46 PM »
Rather than create a new thread, I think I just make the post in here.

I found another solution to increase damage. Give the 3 brands, staff mastery, and wand chaos bonus percentage elemental attacks. But for staff mastery and wand chaos, the bonus only apply when use staff or wands. Outlander has elemental mastery, so why embermage not? I just realize this when I can buy sets at level 50. The percentage bonus is really helping A LOT.

BTW no one complaining about lightningstorm isn't gaining charge? I guess not many people using storm tree.

That wouldent be good, cause currently the best weapon for an Embermage seems to be the Brimstone Mace+shield, i advocate to remove the weapon restriction on those passives or remake them, since you will get better damage out of using weapons that are NOT staffs and/or wands currently.

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #37 on: October 03, 2014, 04:06:24 PM »
I Just have to make more staffs and wands.

The draconic staff doesn't do it because of the shield?

Miothan

« Reply #38 on: October 03, 2014, 06:34:02 PM »
I Just have to make more staffs and wands.

The draconic staff doesn't do it because of the shield?

No, becuase of how the Embermages Abilities works, they dont really increase in damage with %weapon DPS, so utility of weapons becomes more important, such as +cast speed, +focus, +proc things etc.

One important cause is also that 1 of the main abilities is not effected by +cast speed, which makes it complete trash. Embermages abilities does mostly flat damage, which doesnt use %Weapon DPS, so really, a 3k DPS staff would not be better than Brimstone Mace at this point.

There ARE ofc abilities that uses %weapon DPS in the Embermakes skill-trees, but they are not good enough to outweight the flat damage abilities, which makes Utility better for a weapon on the Embermage.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 06:52:46 PM by Miothan »

alteisen

« Reply #39 on: October 03, 2014, 08:03:54 PM »
Well, my solution is for those who plays embermage from scratch. Because I was feeling my embermage didn't do much damage when I was in act 2 until act 4.

It's one of the solution though. I guess I'll just wait what Salan comes up with embermage.

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #40 on: October 04, 2014, 06:39:14 PM »
definitely something I will have to spend some time on