Author Topic: Range skills  (Read 8623 times)

Blas

Re: Range skills
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2014, 06:12:17 AM »
@inT

The nature counters buff gift of renewal which is a big part of our survivability for both melee and ranged rangers.  The higher the counters the more health we and our pets steal.

@Reptar

I pretty much tried the same thing, and felt the same way

@Salan

I want to add the tree or roots is pretty dang cool, one of my favorite looking trees :), here are my observations

1)  If there are a lot of enemies on the screen and that thing fires..... oh the lag hahaha :).  I have pretty good rig too and I've toned down the gfx settings but sometimes will hit lag

2)  With my current setup just one point is enough to use against bosses just to get poison on them.  Of course with gear, etc I can apply poison that way and just use the skill point elsewhere.  Of course I haven't tested this with a focus build, but if its a pet/minion then your focus shouldn't matter in the end.

In the end, this is a really really good class.  I love it.  I'd have to say for me its better then the warlock and necromancer (both are also amazing classes).

I started looking at the idea of incorporating some of the ranged skills into a melee ranger and vice versa.  For example, instead of using bramble wall to build up nature counters for a melee ranger, you could easily use thorns w/ 1 point of old growth and swap to a bow.  Quickly build up the counters then swap to the melee weapons and dive in.  OR you could be a ranged based ranger, and use melee weapons as a means to pull back with bladeweaving.  Not sure if this is viable, but it seemed kinda neat in concept :).

JansenB

« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2014, 05:05:28 AM »
Hi,

not sure if im in the right thread...but I'll give it a try :)

(and since this is a pretty short question, I don't want to open up a hole new one)

So: Does "Slashing Wounds" work with ranged weapons? It doesn't say anything about it in the text...only "on strike" so I'm not sure...

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2014, 01:38:55 AM »
Slashing should work with any skill
People motivate themselves, and are inspired by others.
--- I love making FUN encounters, the ones that make you scream with terror, and remember them forever! ---
**more awesome then an awesome possum**

sexyjohan

« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2014, 02:21:09 PM »
Are there any plans for more DoT damage?  Having a DoT spec could really set this class apart from other ranged classes... just a thought.  Any ideas on how you would build a ranged crossbow spec Salan?  Your work on this mod is absolutely incredible... you have revitalized an old game for me!

Seikusa

« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2014, 05:46:50 PM »
something similar to the affliction warlock from wow?

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2014, 10:19:49 PM »
well I am not going to remake any of the skills atm, I do need to do more indepth testing with some of the lightning stack buffs and maybe something can be done with the them.
People motivate themselves, and are inspired by others.
--- I love making FUN encounters, the ones that make you scream with terror, and remember them forever! ---
**more awesome then an awesome possum**

sexyjohan

« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2014, 11:27:08 PM »
Fair enough!  By the way, does slashing wounds scale with Focus?  If that skill scaled, could make a good DoT spec... would be very fun.

Blas

« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2014, 12:51:56 PM »
Well I just found out 15 in thorns is a nice poison dot :)....

very nice.. works great with the bleeding ranger ^_^.

Zerach

« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2014, 06:18:52 PM »
Any chance to make Gift of Renewal to work with skills and not normal attacks only? maybe in a weaker form so its not too strong with Thorns

Myrkabah

« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2014, 08:02:46 PM »
Does Gift of Renewal leech health if you use it with Thorns? It seemed like I only got it with auto-attacks, but I could be wrong.

Blas

« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2014, 05:52:19 AM »
It does not work with thorns.  I think it works with static shot.

Myrkabah

« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2014, 11:48:34 AM »
It does not work with thorns.  I think it works with static shot.

:( :( :( :(

ohhhh welll. :)