Author Topic: 3 summons possible  (Read 2362 times)

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
3 summons possible
« on: August 28, 2014, 04:08:48 PM »
curious on how people are finding the ability to summon all three pets.
People motivate themselves, and are inspired by others.
--- I love making FUN encounters, the ones that make you scream with terror, and remember them forever! ---
**more awesome then an awesome possum**

Nemo

Re: 3 summons possible
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2014, 10:26:18 AM »
hey salan

yep seems to be good, gives the warlock a little more depth (different builds/different style), might be a bit OP.

Allows more of a reason to put points on the minions unlike before. we will see how others get along. right now its quite a good buff for the warlock.  :-* :-*

celvito

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2014, 10:58:57 AM »
loving it. but now any other warlock builds that i try, there's always the temptation to get all 3 pets.

Chrono

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2014, 05:23:37 PM »
You could always compromise and limit it to two if three is too strong.

Miothan

• Bring in the dead, for the living has no use!
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2014, 05:34:35 PM »
You could always compromise and limit it to two if three is too strong.

That would only be a good idea IF 3 summons were too strong, they certainly are not all that strong right now in DarknessFalls, have tried them out and for me they are to weak to be used since there are better abilities to max out.

For my build i would have to give up Eruption to get 1 summon, and if i wanted 3 i would have to get 30 more skill-points, currently not worth it, but i think its nice that all 3 summons are able to be summoned, might inspire a few players to make a summoner build Warlock.
What was once dead, can be made into servants of death and destruction. Feast on the innocent, slaughter the weak and punish those who would stand in your way!

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2014, 08:20:55 PM »
If you had a full hybrid set of gear based on both focus/pet stats you could build a reliably good one.

if DF is the issue, maybe I can look at what changes I can make to each pet at the 15 skill point range to make them more reasonable without overly inflating the leveling versions.
--- I love making FUN encounters, the ones that make you scream with terror, and remember them forever! ---

Miothan

• Bring in the dead, for the living has no use!
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2014, 09:45:45 AM »
if DF is the issue, maybe I can look at what changes I can make to each pet at the 15 skill point range to make them more reasonable without overly inflating the leveling versions.

Managed to get 1700% pet and minion damage with my necro by mix/matching a few of the incognito items and 2 shard rings, problem is still the same with all pet and minions, they do not attack fast enough and they do stupid things sometimes, like stay afk in a corner for 3-4 seconds.

Pet and minions AI is lacking severely which is why i can not say they are viable for T1, it works for DK and Or'ak, but only because bosses do not have much HP there compared to DF bosses. If a pet/minion would do what a player does when attacking (staying on the same target until its dead, switching when needed) then it would be more viable, in multiple target encounters such as Dragon Rescue its flat out hilarious to se the pet and minion AI trying to make sense of what to target ^^

And currently with 1700% +pet and minion damage my 3 big summons did not seem to do enough damage to justify a build around it, can not complete all challenge chests with pet and minion build atm, no problem staying alive but there IS a problem dealing enough damage in a short time period (due to timed challenge chests like Abe, and later on i assume the Warlock).

An example of the damage dealth with +1700% pet and minion damage would be: Dragon crits for up to 300k on DF mobs, and attacks so slow you want to kick him when you se him do nothing (coffe break Dragon?).

Did not do a 100% min/max, it was just to try out the potential of pet and minion builds in DF that i wanted to try it out a bit, but it seems to be the same problems that i raised when the Necro was the new class many many months ago.

So boils down to these "problems"(Includes ALL pet and minions that ANY class has):

Attack Speed: Is very slow

Damage: Is mediocre when you go all-out pet and minion gearing (small gain for what you lose), and if you dont go for enough pet and minion damge then they are just mere meatshields since they do next to no damage.

Minion AI: Is severely lacking

EDIT: Moved the pet and minion set on to my Warlock just to test 3 summons at high +pet and minion damage %, and they do nice damage with +1700% dmg, but with no focus from gear its rather "Meh", could not finish Abe of before they hid the chest and the overall damage i did was much much lower.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 08:37:38 AM by Miothan »
What was once dead, can be made into servants of death and destruction. Feast on the innocent, slaughter the weak and punish those who would stand in your way!

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2014, 06:48:15 PM »
Hmm that does suck..

I don't know what to do about it, you can't use a lot of pet speed items because it also increases their movement speed which REALLY gets wonky.

Actually I will likely be swapping all 'attack spells' on warlock and necromancer pets to use masters DPS.

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2014, 11:47:28 PM »
You also have to realize that the warlock was NOT made to be a pet centric class. The pets add to the class more then any individual damage spell will do.

This class was never, nor will it ever, be designed to run as a pet class.
I think the last changes will make these pets very viable as accents to the warlock, specially if you use Eruption, Netherslash, Bladebarrier or any of the other warlock skills that debuff the enemies defenses.