Author Topic: Ranged High DPS class?  (Read 9694 times)

helldesign

Ranged High DPS class?
« on: September 07, 2014, 02:35:32 PM »
Hi guys,

I use to play 'demon hunter' (Diablo 3) which is capable of pooling some very high numbers of damage with end gear. I wonder if there is a similar class in Torchlight 2?
Which class is best ranged dps?

I know there are two bow/crossbow classes in the game - Ranger and Outlander but I'm not sure what to expect from them...

Miothan

• Bring in the dead, for the living has no use!
Re: Ranged High DPS class?
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2014, 02:51:20 PM »
Hi guys,

I use to play 'demon hunter' (Diablo 3) which is capable of pooling some very high numbers of damage with end gear. I wonder if there is a similar class in Torchlight 2?

I know there are two bow/crossbow classes in the game - Ranger and Outlander but I'm not sure what to expect from them...

The Ranger is currently being worked on by Salan, so...it is too early to say what it will be capable of. The Outlander i am not sure of, it is the only class i have yet to try out.

The most powerful Ranged character i think is the Warlock, has great abilities and no problem staying alive even vs. T1 bosses.
What was once dead, can be made into servants of death and destruction. Feast on the innocent, slaughter the weak and punish those who would stand in your way!

RetsReds

• Fantasy writer - Yordan Zhelyazkov
Re: Ranged High DPS class?
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2014, 08:51:21 AM »
Hi guys,

I'd say all classes in TL2 are powerful from range.

Both the Embermage and the Outlander are capable of insane range dmg, although they both lack survivability in Synergies (Salan's working on it).

From the Synergies classes, the Necro and the Warlock are strong from range, with the Warlock being stronger as a pure range caster and the Necro being a summoner, but still having some pure range options.

The Ranger is still a work in progress, as Miothan said, but has a bow-oriented tree as well.

Even the two thought as "melee" vanilla classes - the Zerker and the Engineer - have powerful range variations - the "caster zerker" and the cannonier. I'm atm blowing my way through the end game with my cannonier and although it may not have the core dmg of the Warlock or the Embermage, it has great survivability, allowing him to focus more on dmg-oriented gear, compared to the others, so in my eyes is great range option as well.

So just pick your poison. :)
When the Paladin gets finalized it will probably be the first vanilla/synergies pure melee class without a good ranged option. Unless Salan makes the healer/caster tree strong from range as well. ;D
« Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 08:57:50 AM by RetsReds »