Author Topic: Tier2 debuff testing underway!  (Read 4476 times)

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
Tier2 debuff testing underway!
« on: September 23, 2014, 10:42:07 PM »
Tonight's patch puts a new way point portal in TableMountain!

This portal will take you to the favorable testing cellar where the Elemental Crypt Debuff is applied, and the pit will spawn one random tier0 boss!
The boss is the hard version from DK, and as a reward for testing the boss can drop his normal loot tables!  (unless you get the dragon riders, they won't drop loot)

The debuff is as follows for testing purposes:

Added in Tier2 testing zone.
Elemental Crypt will be referenced as Tier2 from here on.
Elemental Crypt test room added with the following debuffs:
Health: -15,000ish  (8000 increase)
Damage: -70% (40% increase)
Damage Absorption: -85% (30% increase)
Dodge: -60% (30% increase)
Block: -60% (30% increase)
Missile Reflection: -70% (30% increase)
Crit Chance: -70% (40% increase)
Crit Damage: -150% (90% increase)

Attack speed: -35%
Cast speed: -35%
Movement speed: -25%
Secondary Damage: -150%
Dual Wield Damage: -150%
Mana: -200

Elemental Crypt will be labelled as Tier2.  You will be able to get Heroic armor and weapons craftables here, as well as tier1 weapons, pet items and more socketables and mercenaries.
People motivate themselves, and are inspired by others.
--- I love making FUN encounters, the ones that make you scream with terror, and remember them forever! ---
**more awesome then an awesome possum**

durrrr86

Re: Tier2 debuff testing underway!
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2014, 11:42:58 PM »
Nice  ;D

Miothan

• Bring in the dead, for the living has no use!
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2014, 01:56:09 AM »
Ooo that looks horrifying! bring it on :D
What was once dead, can be made into servants of death and destruction. Feast on the innocent, slaughter the weak and punish those who would stand in your way!

Evadebug

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2014, 03:34:49 AM »
The -200 mana was the real killer for me.  I loaded in with -5 mana, and unable to use any abilities, haha.  As a combat ranger, I have neglected focus as my damage is entirely physical, guess ill have to find a way to bolster the blue globe. The rest of the debuffs had nothing on losing the equivalent of 105 skill points  :o

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2014, 09:41:29 AM »
Interesting.  Good feedback thou.  You can find a lot of +mana items in t1 but I dont think aftermath is heavy in that
--- I love making FUN encounters, the ones that make you scream with terror, and remember them forever! ---

Miothan

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2014, 01:17:45 PM »
Interesting.  Good feedback thou.  You can find a lot of +mana items in t1 but I dont think aftermath is heavy in that

something worth taking into consideration when setting the mana debuff value:

A lvl 100 character has 150 mana (160 if you are Embermage)

You get 225 Mana from 1,000 Focus.

With the -cast speed debuff i cant imagine myself having any trouble on my Warlock since i wont go empty on mana with only 51% cast speed(after debuff), tho on my Berserker i dont think i will be able to use Wolfpack with only 235 mana.

Classes that use the Aftermath set wont be able to use skills unless they invest heavily in Focus if the mana debuff is set as high as it is right now, while the classes that already invested in mana wont have that much problems because you get debuffed with cast-speed anyway, so you wont be able to cast skills fast enough to run out of mana.

What was once dead, can be made into servants of death and destruction. Feast on the innocent, slaughter the weak and punish those who would stand in your way!

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2014, 01:35:16 PM »
There are gems and soulcrafting to make up for the differences, choices are choices.

if you gain 160 inherently without gear or stats, that's not a bad thing overly.  Lots of ways to get more mana.

Miothan

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2014, 01:56:54 PM »
There are gems and soulcrafting to make up for the differences, choices are choices.

if you gain 160 inherently without gear or stats, that's not a bad thing overly.  Lots of ways to get more mana.

Well the soulcrafting is for T2, and the skull we need is the Tibbek skull which offers +96 mana, but that is a regular skull, so cant use that in mythical sets.

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2014, 02:45:33 PM »
uh you can put regular skulls in mythical sets, you can't put mythical skulls in regular sets.

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2014, 02:46:19 PM »
Also gives me an idea for a new socketable :)

Evadebug

« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2014, 05:41:04 PM »
I like the idea of limiting our mana pool (I know even in DF im often mana starved), but the static amount seems weigh far heavier on some classes as Miothan pointed out.  And even if I was to use a Tibbek skull on my ranger, that puts me at 91 mana.  With my escape spell (bladeweaving) costing 52 mana at tier 3, it limits me to expenditures to 39 mana if I want to ensure I have enough to get out.  And if I use 2 tibbek skulls, I have just used 1/5th of my armor gemming to cast spells, whereas other classes need not change any gemming, or mix and match gear sets.  I think altering our mana resource is an amazing debuff, Im just wondering if it could effect all classes more equally.

On that note, I was wondering at the reasoning behind the -150% dual wield damage.  I havent been playing my other characters recently, so if dual wielding was exceeding the average damage output it makes sense.  Im just not sure what the benefit of dual wielding is with the debuff in place,  as 2handers already give better damage (for % wpn damage spells).  And most classes not using 2handers are using a shield, so they have added survivability and no debuff (unless a shield is now considered dwing).  I need to spend more time in elemental crypts (which means I need to regem some gear with mana), so I can get some solid numbers rather than theorycrafting  ;)
« Last Edit: September 26, 2014, 05:43:20 PM by Evadebug »

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2014, 06:00:08 PM »
gear is a choice for all classes, no armor set is specifically designed for only 1 class.  Although some weapons will benefit a class choice over others.

You can run a ranger with angelic armor while choosing an offhand instead of the shield just as easy as other choices for other classes, it does not have to be aftermath set.  Like how Ranged rangers could benifit from Brimstone, Phoenix, Aftermath or Angelic as easy as each other.

Some sets have Mana in them others obviously don't..  Soulcrafting will allow you to make up some of the difference but at this level it won't replace all the loss. I will make a Mana gem as well.

I don't think I have other options where it comes to mana, a % drop only comes off of the base amount and leaves the other classes even further ahead, a flat number is ultimately the best option.

Miothan

« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2014, 07:12:04 PM »
uh you can put regular skulls in mythical sets, you can't put mythical skulls in regular sets.

Did not know that, assumed you could only use Mythical skulls in mythical items ^^

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2014, 07:16:34 PM »
I don't think I can change how sockets work, they are controlled by a widget.. the sockets themselves require a item level to be used, hence why mythicals can't go in lower tier armor and why tier1 is 120th level.