Author Topic: The Fiends from "Reanimate corpse"  (Read 2109 times)

Ratatosk

The Fiends from "Reanimate corpse"
« on: September 29, 2014, 12:00:15 PM »
I'm still having a great time with these little guys at level 68, but I notice the skill becomes dead weight on many bosses or in any area where you can't get a decent horde going. I was wondering if there is a use for them in the endgame, or if I will want to switch to something that doesn't require corpses for fuel?
« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 12:04:00 PM by Ratatosk »

Doomzdave

Re: The Fiends from "Reanimate corpse"
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2015, 12:48:18 AM »
All your minions get a huge boost with the T1 Incognito set. It has crazy boosts for pet/minion damage, health, and speed. 

Miothan

• Bring in the dead, for the living has no use!
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2015, 10:13:55 AM »
I'm still having a great time with these little guys at level 68, but I notice the skill becomes dead weight on many bosses or in any area where you can't get a decent horde going. I was wondering if there is a use for them in the endgame, or if I will want to switch to something that doesn't require corpses for fuel?

If you absolutely want to go for a pet and minion build for Darkness Falls you most likely want to use something else than that, the 3 Big Minions are the only reliable ones for damage, the other ones dies to fast/doesnt do any damage even with a full set of Incognito.

Pet and Minion build on necro cant complete the Challenge chests on any encounters except for the Dragon Rescue and Troll King, would not recommend anyone going for pet and minion build since that would mean you use skulls for +pet and minion damage/Health, currently the Pet and Minion AI is bad, they may target boss minions ALL the time in a fight instead of going for the actual bos and stuff like that, not to mention the pets and minions attacks too slow, you will see your minions walk around doing nothing sometimes, and when they DO attack as they should their attackspeed is really slow (even buffed, if you compare it to a Necro that buffs hes own damage and uses Bone Needle for the majority of the damage). Oh and 15 pointed Zombie/Skeleton/Spore Horde dies from 1 hit/ability from a boss even when buffed that much, and Death Dolls all die from 1 hit/ability as well (Thats with +~530% pet and Minion Health and +~200% Pet and Minion Armor)

This is my experience with full incognito set with special enchants and skulls, +1670% Pet and Minion Damage. Since nothing has changed since then regarding pets and minions, you can expect it to be the same.

Necromancer atm in Darkness Falls works decently thanks to Bone Needles, but as a pet and minion necro in Darkness Falls, you will never be able to complete anything else than Dragon Rescue and perhaps Troll Kings Challenge Chest, and you will die daily, kite for several minutes and be annoyed by your crappy minions. This is MY experience tho, if you love pets then go for it.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 10:15:41 AM by Miothan »
What was once dead, can be made into servants of death and destruction. Feast on the innocent, slaughter the weak and punish those who would stand in your way!

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2015, 11:26:11 PM »
I am going to make a few alterations to the master minion buffs that might help a bit. ;)
People motivate themselves, and are inspired by others.
--- I love making FUN encounters, the ones that make you scream with terror, and remember them forever! ---
**more awesome then an awesome possum**

Thatmg7

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2015, 04:35:25 PM »
I am going to make a few alterations to the master minion buffs that might help a bit. ;)

The only issue i have with that is i don't like being forced to use the master minions.

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2015, 07:14:17 PM »
They are masters for a reason ...  :)
People motivate themselves, and are inspired by others.
--- I love making FUN encounters, the ones that make you scream with terror, and remember them forever! ---
**more awesome then an awesome possum**