Author Topic: new to embermage  (Read 1990 times)

undred

new to embermage
« on: October 06, 2014, 12:42:38 PM »
what builds are good on it ? i was thinking of something around arc beam . is it good in the end game?

Miothan

• Bring in the dead, for the living has no use!
Re: new to embermage
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2014, 04:40:05 PM »
what builds are good on it ? i was thinking of something around arc beam . is it good in the end game?

Embermage is one of the weakest classes right now in end-game (lvl 100 raids), it will get looked at by Salan soon , but right now i would advise you to pick another class if you want to enjoy the end-game activities.

Embermage can still manage to kill the hardest bosses right now, but it takes much more time and you are more likely to die a lot of times.
What was once dead, can be made into servants of death and destruction. Feast on the innocent, slaughter the weak and punish those who would stand in your way!

undred

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2014, 04:56:28 PM »
what class do you recomend ?

Miothan

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2014, 07:33:10 PM »
what class do you recomend ?

Easiest to survive and kill with i would say is the Warlock class, followed by Berserker.

Warlock has better survivability than the Berserker due to wearing a shield in end-game and does not have to get specific items to survive like the Berserker does (Aftermath Axes if you dual-wield).

Warlock or Berserker is the top choices i would say if you want to get a good start at experiencing the end-game.
What was once dead, can be made into servants of death and destruction. Feast on the innocent, slaughter the weak and punish those who would stand in your way!

alteisen

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2014, 05:53:49 AM »
Agreed to mio. I have tried the warlock, and even when use the same equipment, warlock can kill and survive much better than current embermage.

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2014, 06:08:55 PM »
what could we do that would help the embermage survive more?
People motivate themselves, and are inspired by others.
--- I love making FUN encounters, the ones that make you scream with terror, and remember them forever! ---
**more awesome then an awesome possum**

undred

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2014, 07:01:24 PM »
i haven't played much synergies at all , but for my experience it lacks sources of healing , death bounty is too much of a conditional way of gaining health , and it isn't even that much . It could also have some shield synergy , like the one engineers have or something that increases missile reflection .

as i see it , embermage should have 2 possible roles ( warrior , AoE damage) , warrior through abilities like shocking orb and immolation aura + thunderstorm or magma mace , and AoE through arc beam/magma spear/shockbolts + support skills ice cage/infernal collapse/etc

i hope i helped somehow :)

PS: they are also the only class with "random" elements in it ,thx to wands, it should be possible to do a proc build
« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 07:03:57 PM by undred »

Miothan

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2014, 07:48:04 PM »

I already wrote what I think needs to be changed about the Embermage to make it much more useable in raiding enrivorements so ill just copy/paste it here.

Skills i think needs to be changed are:

Prismatic Bolt: This skill suffers from being reflected to much vs. T1 content, not sure what would be an ideal change to make it a viable ability for T1 content as an Embermage, perhaps ad 15% chance to debuff enemy Missile Reflect chance by 100% for 3 seconds, after all, it IS a single-target ability
Astral Ally: Should be changed to have the passives of the Embermage, and to cast the same skills that the owner has but with reduced efficiency and damage , such as half the dmg of Frost wave etc
Blazing Pillars: Should have a Higher Duration, currently they can miss a target completely due to enemy movement, increase duration, increase the cooldown to compensate
Magma Spear: Needs to be able to cast it faster with cast speed, atm it is not effected by cast speed
LightningStorm: Need to be able to cast it without moving closer to any target if we mouse over a target
Charge Mastery: Needs a complete overhaul, no idea what tho, but something useful, a health gain ability could be great for this passive skill
Wand Chaos: Wands are not the best weapons for an Embermage, should remove the restriction of needing a wand
Staff Mastery: Should remove the requirement of needing ANY weapon, perhaps then Embermages would be able to be called "glasscannon", 2-handed staffs have certainly not been better than non-staff weapons
Prismatic Rift: Needs to do something useful, chance to heal to full, chance to stun enemies for 8 seconds even bosses for that duration, change to open a rift into an alternate dimension for a second and suck in the enemies for a lot of damage, things like that
Death's Bounty: Should be changed to be an "on-demand" healing ability, on-demand healing abilities are what players need vs. T1 content, you get hit for 25k and have 5k left? great, use your healing ability that actually HEALS YOU NOW
Elemental Boon: Remove the dmg reductions and add in resistance to everything such as: Teleport, Slow, Stun, Immobalize and Knockback at 72% just like the current immobalize resistance, increase duration to 20 seconds

These changes that i propose are to make sure that the Embermage can compete in T1 content and above, cause right now Embermage is not good enough to enjoy vs. T1 content (for me that is, i know theres probably a lot of players enjoying Embermage even tho its fairly weak). If Embermage is supposed to be a "glasscannon" then the class first needs the damage to make it that, its ok if a "glasscannon" doesnt have much survivability, becuase that is made up by killing stuff so much faster than classes that can take a lot of hits and survive.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 09:30:01 PM by Miothan »

alteisen

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2014, 03:29:02 AM »

Umm, well, in my experience, warlock can survive much better because he can kill faster. On the other hand, embermage who lacks of damage, have to tank a bit more BUT embermage isn't supposed to be a tanking class like engineer. Get it? That's why I was giving opinion to give bonus percentage elemental damage like outlander elemental mastery. Oh necro has that to! Why embermage don't?

But really, damage,damage, and damage.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 05:33:26 PM by alteisen »

undred

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2014, 01:04:37 PM »

I already wrote what I think needs to be changed about the Embermage to make it much more useable in raiding enrivorements so ill just copy/paste it here.

Skills i think needs to be changed are:

Prismatic Bolt: This skill suffers from being reflected to much vs. T1 content, not sure what would be an ideal change to make it a viable ability for T1 content as an Embermage, perhaps ad 15% chance to debuff enemy Missile Reflect chance by 100% for 3 seconds, after all, it IS a single-target ability
Astral Ally: Should be changed to have the passives of the Embermage, and to cast the same skills that the owner has but with reduced efficiency and damage , such as half the dmg of Frost wave etc
Blazing Pillars: Should have a Higher Duration, currently they can miss a target completely due to enemy movement, increase duration, increase the cooldown to compensate
Magma Spear: Needs to be able to cast it faster with cast speed, atm it is not effected by cast speed
LightningStorm: Need to be able to cast it without moving closer to any target if we mouse over a target
Charge Mastery: Needs a complete overhaul, no idea what tho, but something useful, a health gain ability could be great for this passive skill
Wand Chaos: Wands are not the best weapons for an Embermage, should remove the restriction of needing a wand
Staff Mastery: Should remove the requirement of needing ANY weapon, perhaps then Embermages would be able to be called "glasscannon", 2-handed staffs have certainly not been better than non-staff weapons
Prismatic Rift: Needs to do something useful, chance to heal to full, chance to stun enemies for 8 seconds even bosses for that duration, change to open a rift into an alternate dimension for a second and suck in the enemies for a lot of damage, things like that
Death's Bounty: Should be changed to be an "on-demand" healing ability, on-demand healing abilities are what players need vs. T1 content, you get hit for 25k and have 5k left? great, use your healing ability that actually HEALS YOU NOW
Elemental Boon: Remove the dmg reductions and add in resistance to everything such as: Teleport, Slow, Stun, Immobalize and Knockback at 72% just like the current immobalize resistance, increase duration to 20 seconds

These changes that i propose are to make sure that the Embermage can compete in T1 content and above, cause right now Embermage is not good enough to enjoy vs. T1 content (for me that is, i know theres probably a lot of players enjoying Embermage even tho its fairly weak). If Embermage is supposed to be a "glasscannon" then the class first needs the damage to make it that, its ok if a "glasscannon" doesnt have much survivability, becuase that is made up by killing stuff so much faster than classes that can take a lot of hits and survive.

i agree with most things you say . But i think there is a space for charge mastery ( with arc beam , which is a heavy dmg/mana ability) , maybe the problem has to do with the brands and to how they work .

how about a passive that gives boosts(damage resist , dmg , mana , health gen) when you are standing still for x seconds ? it would work well with the kind of skills the embermage has .