Author Topic: Mage adjustments minimod  (Read 4007 times)

Malabala

Re: Mage adjustments minimod
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2014, 03:32:34 PM »
- Magma Spear: range is now same as said in description.
- Shocking Orb: now all ranks have 10% chance to shock and/or stun for 3 second. Range is 8/10/12/15m.
- Thunder Storm: now has cast distance of 15m and lower damage, same mana cost as icestorm
- Ice Storm: increased damage.

Thunder storm had to be changed since it was completely suicidal to use outside of farming easy content because of it's range issues but in ideal situations had quite likely the highest damage in the game (my level 40 test guy in tabletop gear was doing ~100k dps). It's still akward since the damage goes down with distance in an exponential manner, so it's hard to balance. For now I made it home in on a target, if you don't have one selected it's gonna shoot on you like before. The damage to the primary target is probably the highest single target damage available for embermages right now but the mana costs are too high to spam outside of full charge bar, and the damage to secondary targets is ok but not great.

Malabala

« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2014, 03:36:05 PM »
why make the buffs last so long?

I guess it's personal preference, but I don't enjoy at all the part of the game where I manage buffs. Reason why they're buffs and not passives is because it was less work to do it this way and I'm still confused about so many things about modding, I'm making tons of mistakes and am spending already too much time modding and not enough playing :/

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2014, 03:39:34 AM »
why make the buffs last so long?

I guess it's personal preference, but I don't enjoy at all the part of the game where I manage buffs. Reason why they're buffs and not passives is because it was less work to do it this way and I'm still confused about so many things about modding, I'm making tons of mistakes and am spending already too much time modding and not enough playing :/

welcome to making a mod ;)
People motivate themselves, and are inspired by others.
--- I love making FUN encounters, the ones that make you scream with terror, and remember them forever! ---
**more awesome then an awesome possum**

ddc1234

« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2015, 09:22:54 AM »
Sorry for necroing this but did this mod die since all files are not available ?

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2015, 12:58:32 AM »
probably when we moved servers, Im not sure if he ever posted them on steamworkshop hmm.
People motivate themselves, and are inspired by others.
--- I love making FUN encounters, the ones that make you scream with terror, and remember them forever! ---
**more awesome then an awesome possum**