Author Topic: 1177+ dev notes  (Read 2555 times)

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
1177+ dev notes
« on: October 18, 2014, 09:58:41 AM »
Tier2 test zone
Added a single static boss into the zone, a new tier2 boss for true testing.

Darknessfalls
Netherlord
Tentacles will no longer spawn after the boss is dead

Tier0 loot
Soulstones
Changed drop chance from 10 none, to 5 none.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2014, 05:09:08 PM by Salan »
People motivate themselves, and are inspired by others.
--- I love making FUN encounters, the ones that make you scream with terror, and remember them forever! ---
**more awesome then an awesome possum**

Ratatosk

Re: 1177+ dev notes
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2014, 12:56:49 PM »
It's amazing how much free time you must be devoting this mod. Synergies keeps Torchlight from getting too repetitive and boring, and I thank you for it.
as a humble shmoe who can't afford to get any new videogames right now, this is a life saver. Enjoying the Ranger, and looking forward to the Paladin. Big Thanks!

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2014, 11:47:04 PM »
T bh i go through productive and non productive phases im more of a non productive point atm.  Its coming back as always thou
--- I love making FUN encounters, the ones that make you scream with terror, and remember them forever! ---

Holte

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2014, 09:49:11 AM »
Tried it a few times, nice stat reductions and they hit hard. I did get one instance where no loot dropped, just thought I'd mention it.

Edit: Ignore that last bit, I saw the other post about dragon riders not dropping loot
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 10:06:59 AM by Holte »

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2014, 10:35:54 PM »
working on a few things, see what I can do about a few more weapons, a fix for the netherlord and of course a new tier2 boss for testing.

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2014, 06:28:29 PM »
got some work on this update done today, but going out for a while, see if i can finish it when i come home for tonight or not, depends how late i am.

Gunlander

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2014, 08:47:42 PM »
First off I want to thank the team for all the effort they put into making Synergies a wonderful mod. I was wondering if any tweaks to the Outlander class will be included with the next patch and if so what is the approach. Thanx again!

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2014, 09:28:51 AM »
I definitely need to address the embermage and outlander focus groups at some point in the near future.

inT.

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2014, 09:51:44 AM »
I'm running a focus/str based glaivelander, and wasn't having too many problems. Obviously I couldn't kill many bosses in my T0 gear, which seemed to be the challenge with this build (T0->T1 transition) .. but slowly was able to build up a T1 set and now am able to run DF on elite with the build. I'm running wand and shield, and with 75% block / dodge I find I'm very tanky. I've started farming for 40% dmg socketables but I'd say overall I do pretty nice damage with shattering glaive. The fix for the reflect has worked quite well and allowed me to feel comfortable against most DF content.

TL;DR: Embermage is in greater need than Outlander

Gunlander

« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2014, 08:20:55 PM »
My build does not use any glaive based magic attacks or carry a shield and never will. I know from an economical stand point str/foc glaivelander with block ability is the way to go. The simple fact of the matter is that the glaive spam animation hurts my eyes. It looks silly to me and I despise the cookie cutter glaivelander. Even in vanilla TL2 I hated it.

My Gunlander tops out at 75% dodge, 75% damage reduction & roughly 25,000 HP with T1 debuffs. At this moment Shadowshot attacks do 120,000 x 6 damage per shot while Chaotic Burst 50,000+ x 5 per shot without T1 debuffs and 100% crit chance. I use Jerry's gun / 4 socket pistol. My character is tuned with cast speed buffs so character mobility coming out of spells and ROF is maximized with my build.

Damage output is not an issue with regards to my build. It is my "squishy-ness" that bothers me. Aside from blocking ability I have major investments in the defensive department. I could be wrong but having to invest in block on top of everything else defensive I have already invested in seems redundant if not overkill. It is only my opinion and I may be wrong but I feel every class should not have to be a tank build in order to hang/farm in T1.

Regardless of how or if any changes are made I will continue to play and support this mod. If it comes down to it I will play my role as the "squishy" non generic non glaive-spamming Gunlander.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 08:55:46 PM by Gunlander »

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2014, 10:18:22 PM »
gunlander did you try picking up some parry gear?

Gunlander

« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2014, 11:19:02 AM »
No. But I reckon I will be factoring in chance to parry gear for my build. Please disregard my posts for the moment while I continue to work out my build. More math rather than buffs from patches may be what is needed here. Thanx again for all the work you guys put in and thank you for the timely responses.

inT.

« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2014, 11:47:55 AM »

Regardless of how or if any changes are made I will continue to play and support this mod. If it comes down to it I will play my role as the "squishy" non generic non glaive-spamming Gunlander.

Yes yes, I get that you don't want to go glaivelander and am not trying to push you that way. I would love to try gunlander some day. It sounds like you're on the right track. I found it helpful to look at the t1 socketables and consider different stat additions. Max vit, parry, missle reflect .. etc. Good luck! I'd be interested to hear any progress you make with this, possibly in a new thread :P