Author Topic: One-handed Crosbows  (Read 2185 times)

Zerach

One-handed Crosbows
« on: November 01, 2014, 01:38:40 AM »
Hello!

I'm new here and new to Synergies mod, but i enjoy it very much so far. Started a ranger and noticed something thats bothering me. I'm assuming one-handed xbows were intended for rangers thats why i put this topic here.

It bothers me, that the green text on the bottom of the item tooltip is saying "hand crossbow", but the item is classified as a "Pistol" which means that it doesnt work with most skills in Storm tree...like Bombardment, Storm Surge and  Static Shot. Intended?

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
Re: One-handed Crosbows
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2014, 11:40:08 AM »
There is absolutely nothing i can do about that yet.

A lot of things are HARD CODED into the game, widgets, the control function are fully hard coded.  I have absolutely no access to it.

Now the thing with the weapon displays is that it is purely a UI situation, I SHOULD be able to change that, but all my searching previously didn't work out so well.  I haven't put the days worth of hours it will likely take to find the exact spot I need to change, so for now its lower on my list of things to do then RANGER balance and PALADIN rework.

That also said once I change them from pistols to their own unittype they stop working for any other skill that is not designed for it, so I would have to go through every classes skills and update them, which will further make the mod less compatible with supplementary mods.
People motivate themselves, and are inspired by others.
--- I love making FUN encounters, the ones that make you scream with terror, and remember them forever! ---
**more awesome then an awesome possum**

Zerach

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2014, 12:39:55 PM »
I see, how about making those skills work with Pistols? Does that open a whole new spectrum of weapons that will basically make all ranged rangers use 1h pistol and shield?

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2014, 01:32:22 PM »
I made more of the skills work with pistols in 1197, i didn't make the two electric attack skills work with that thou as they don't use weapondps and pistols are pointless with them anyways, its best to stay with slower weapon damage skills, although I might make bombardment use pistols so it could be used with thorns, although bramble wall already does its effects mostly for close in fighting.
--- I love making FUN encounters, the ones that make you scream with terror, and remember them forever! ---

Zerach

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2014, 03:27:12 PM »
i see, understandable, thank you for your time :)

p.s. Having a great time with Storm tree, using thorns to proc all the various counters works really well  :D
Also while im already here writing, Thunderstorm does Electric dmg, that means it benefits from Focus right?
« Last Edit: November 01, 2014, 03:34:27 PM by Zerach »

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2014, 04:27:21 PM »
should do yes