Author Topic: Patch 1200 now live  (Read 6311 times)

Seikusa

Re: Patch 1200 now live
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2014, 06:34:44 PM »
and sometimes i am pushed into walls, after 5 seconds i spawn somewhere else (most likely above the wall)

Holte

« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2014, 08:07:14 PM »
Firstly, on a personal note, it's so good to replace the incredibly ugly harrowing eclipse helm :P  About 20 deaths to kill him the first time.  Did some enchant swapping and socket juggling to get 75% DR and my best is now 3 deaths and one of those was because an echo joined in.
As for which helm I got - lots of resists, blocking, immobilisation, teleport chance reductions - no cast speed, life or damage reduction but, it's still nice.  I'll post the stats tomorrow.  All I can say is, Eruption and it's procs are a godsend, plus I wish I could cast that many locii on my embermage! :)

Edit:  I tried all the DF bosses too, I like the changes.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2014, 08:10:24 PM by Holte »

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2014, 08:28:39 PM »
Seik: should i reply in the same manner that you think is appropriate here?

I try not to be rude but you are making it hard.

The k nockback is q bit of an issue tho.
People motivate themselves, and are inspired by others.
--- I love making FUN encounters, the ones that make you scream with terror, and remember them forever! ---
**more awesome then an awesome possum**

Gorrioncillo

« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2014, 08:49:04 PM »
maybe this is not the place, but how can i begin this halloween quest, i want this items, please explain me form the begining thanks

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2014, 09:09:19 PM »
Exactly holte!  This is a tier 2 test dungeon as well as limited quest event.  It need some gear rejigging to be successful at.
--- I love making FUN encounters, the ones that make you scream with terror, and remember them forever! ---

Seikusa

« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2014, 04:30:13 AM »
ok the wort "stupid" was inpropriate. Sorry
the rest was just a lot critic, but I dont think it was unfair.

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2014, 01:02:58 PM »
Firstly, on a personal note, it's so good to replace the incredibly ugly harrowing eclipse helm :P  About 20 deaths to kill him the first time.  Did some enchant swapping and socket juggling to get 75% DR and my best is now 3 deaths and one of those was because an echo joined in.
As for which helm I got - lots of resists, blocking, immobilisation, teleport chance reductions - no cast speed, life or damage reduction but, it's still nice.  I'll post the stats tomorrow.  All I can say is, Eruption and it's procs are a godsend, plus I wish I could cast that many locii on my embermage! :)

Edit:  I tried all the DF bosses too, I like the changes.

ok the wort "stupid" was inpropriate. Sorry
the rest was just a lot critic, but I dont think it was unfair.

Seik read above.

He died 20 times, looked at his gear, made adjustments, and died 3 times.

Tier2 is going to force adjustments and use of the best of tier1 to be successful.  If you aren't ready for tier2 and die 100 times, you aren't ready for tier2.  Its not going to be made any easier.  I WILL tune it so it doesn't 1 shot people who are ready, but if you fall out of that envelope you need to spend more time in tier1 with gear optimization.  Its that simple.   Its progression.  Tl2 isn't made for progression like this, I created this system and it has issues because of it but it works and is the only reasonable means I can come up with to create multiple tiers.

the invinite dragon stuff is really stupid

I don't know what you mean about infinite dragon stuff... the mini summons?  2 of them summon dragons, 1 summons the brutes, 2 summon nothing (in human form)  the extra dragons are also there for a reason.  The knockback they seem to do is an issue, I had removed knockback from a lot of the dragons abilities because of those issues and I will search and remove it from teh remaining ones.

and btw making a random drop for a quest that is not repeatable is should not be part of any game.

This is called a SPECIAL, LIMITED, SEASONAL QUEST.   It functions very well for creating a economy of trade, of course with tl2 sadly it could just be cheated but that is the environment I have to work with.

Did you ever play WOW?  or almost any other MMO?  How many of their quests were repeatable?  how many of their limited time seasonal quests were repeatable? 

this is the first boss ever in your mod were i will savegame abuse to be able to reopen the chest

If you need to savegame abuse it that's your issue, not mine.  Play the game how you want to, I truly don't care what you do.

how about just placing 2 echo and dont make them random then only 2 can appear. fighing the headman with the wall block and 2 dragons is not trial and error. its trial and die 100 times. every time 100k damage until dead and after 100 deaths its roughly 13million hp

Because it was about the past, it was about forcing you to be READY to deal with them.  you have 3 minutes to kill 2 echo's if you can't then 2 more POTENTIALLY will spawn ( the second spawn can call ones already spawned and do nothing as well)  then you have 3 more minutes to kill 2 (the counter is reset) once 2 are killed the boss activates, which means you might have 1 echo still left alive as a third and fourth most likely spawned, and now because you weren't ready for teh fight you have to fight them and the boss.

These are all gear checks and character functionality checks.  T2 will be the last content i make for this mod.  It is NOT going to be achievable without going through the previous content and it needs to last the test of time.  So far this 'test' dungeon succeeds perfectly at my goals, even if it might need some more tweaking. 

Remember these are not custom bosses, these are simply echo's of the previous bosses (rakvar is the boss, and he's a bad ass in normal DF remember). 
Halloween is all about the dead coming back to life, the ironic situation fits perfectly. 

and seik, your message was rude from start to finish, not just the stupid.  But it is what it is, your frustrated and hopefully my explanations will at least let you understand the bigger picture.

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2014, 01:09:50 PM »
I wonder if anyone figured out the name of the boss yet

alejo1991

« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2014, 01:42:13 PM »
This has happen to me the 2 times I have tried, I enter to the dungeon I kill the 2 echoes and I start attacking the boss, then 2 echoes more come to join the fight which makes it much more harder, the problem is that when I manage to kill the 2 echoes to focus the boss another boss spawns. So I have to fight with 2 bosses instead of one. Is this supposed to happen?

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2014, 02:52:56 PM »
hmm the echo's shouldn't be joining the fight after the boss is activated..  the functionality for that turns off the instance the boss is released, i will check thou to make sure there is no loophole.

if you take too long before the boss is released then the echo's can spawn thou...

alejo1991

« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2014, 04:06:42 PM »
OMG so happy xD I have managed to kill him after 100+ deaths and I'm super happpyyyyy nice helmet by the way, 7K health :D I don't think I'm going to use it atm cause I would lose the bonus of the complete set. I'm using a melee zerker with 27k hp inside tier2 zone, if I enchant and gem correctly I think I can get it to 40K but while I was fighting he was critting for 43k. I don't think I can get so much health.

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2014, 04:39:29 PM »
mm i lowered his stats a lot, did you max out your debuffed stats as much as possible?

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2014, 04:39:51 PM »
I'll likely remove his crit chance tomorrow that might help

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2014, 04:45:06 PM »
next changes:

remove crit from these bosses/summons.
will remove echo's from the fight the instant the main boss is released, clear up that problem.

alejo1991

« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2014, 05:17:01 PM »
Salan I have all the stats capped except for the dodge chance. I think that removing the critical chance is the best option since it will make the life easier to the melee characters that have to facetank for some periods of time.