Author Topic: Making pets a better experience?  (Read 872 times)

alucard

Making pets a better experience?
« on: November 19, 2014, 01:08:47 AM »
WARNING : MY ENGLISH IS BAD

A weird thing that i've always thought about pets in torchlight is. why there is a choosing pet screen but if you feed your pet a large fish for specific bonuses their models are changed and you "lose" your pet?

A item  that could make your pet the same it was when you choose it retaining its bonuses would be cool.

----------------------------------------------------------

Pet customization and "build"

Ive thought about something that i find really cool to make pets and the game a lot more fun. Like, if we could build our characters thinking about how our pet would behave (making builds even more unique) would be a lot of fun.

How i think it could be done :

First, there would be 4 items that change the "personality" of your pet (the item could simply lock in the pet behaviors below its hp/mp bar)

Agressive, defensive, obedient and coward.

Agressive pets could be tanks that agro the  monsters
obedient pets could do both, defend and be agressive
coward could be healing and buffing buddie
defensive could be pets that only attacks what you're attacking (melee) or whatever is attacking you.

Those items  would have random % atributes

example:

Coward - "normal"                                     Coward - Weird but maybe you could make it work on your build?
50% + in all defences                               15% - in all defences
75% + healing                                          50% + healing
90% - in all damage                                 100% + melee damage

this makes grind more fun, finding the right % that benefits the "personality" you've choosen. (every personality item would have clear drawbacks, making it clear that u'll want it or not in a certain pet build of your choice.)

This also make it easier for the addition of new pet items and pet spells (more cool stuff to loot and grind for)

This also would mean that now, what changes your pet stats is your build, not how your pet looks. You could have a healing  bigass troll, the bonds are broken.

You probably got what i'm trying to say now. Im just hoping that you sympathize with my idea. I could do some art for the mod, thats what im into, and thats the little i can offer.

Feel free to  correct me if im wrong., and im aware that none of this will get implemented or even can be done. i'm no modder or programer so i don't really know what are the possibilities. these are just some ideas that i have while i play tl2 and synergies.

« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 11:57:51 AM by alucard »

Miothan

• Bring in the dead, for the living has no use!
Re: Making pets a better experience?
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2014, 11:20:05 AM »
There are many great ideas of what to implement into synergies, and this one is another good one :)

However, the problem comes down to the workload, Salan is doing most of the work himself, which is why most of the great ideas wont become a reality.
What was once dead, can be made into servants of death and destruction. Feast on the innocent, slaughter the weak and punish those who would stand in your way!

alucard

Re: Making pets a better experience?
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2014, 12:01:02 PM »
There are many great ideas of what to implement into synergies, and this one is another good one :)

However, the problem comes down to the workload, Salan is doing most of the work himself, which is why most of the great ideas wont become a reality.

I understand, synergies is huge and salan has his own ideas so i didnt really think this would get implemented,  but yeah, thanks for the compliment ^^

i just hate when ideas get stuck in my mind and i keep day dreaming about them, lol.