Author Topic: How I am going to start the paladin process  (Read 3734 times)

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
How I am going to start the paladin process
« on: November 26, 2014, 02:43:37 AM »
I am not going to alter the original paladin at this time.

I am going to make a submod, which will be called SYNERGIES PALADIN
it will require synergies to work.

it will be a fresh install of the paladin files, from scratch, and in teh new direction.

I am finding the old files are so convoluted and stressful to deal with, that doing it this way is best.

when its done, and the current paladins have the chance to respec, they can load hte paladin patch on top of synergies.  This is the only means I have of keeping both my sanity AND your skill points safe.

quite frankly trying to 'fix' the current paladin is a good portion as to why i have been quiet lately, its stressful and crazy.

People motivate themselves, and are inspired by others.
--- I love making FUN encounters, the ones that make you scream with terror, and remember them forever! ---
**more awesome then an awesome possum**

Blas

Re: How I am going to start the paladin process
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2014, 07:09:50 AM »
Thanks Salan.

You did such an amazing job with the Ranger, I'm sure the Paladin is going to be awesome.

XLVII

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2014, 07:10:44 AM »
Good luck! Do you have anything to share yet on the direction of the new Paladin? I've been interested in a new healer/tank type that wasn't the Engineer.

RetsReds

• Fantasy writer - Yordan Zhelyazkov
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2014, 05:56:36 PM »
You know best, mate - however works best and in a most pleasant and non-stressfulness way. :)

gytfunke

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2014, 02:06:26 PM »
Yeah, it's usually easier to create a skill from scratch than figure out someone else's work.

Ghostblade4802

• Class Developer
  • Synergies Co-Developer!
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2014, 10:58:43 PM »
That's probably wise. Does that mean you're planning on taking out the old files once you're done with the new one? Or having two Paladin classes?

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2014, 01:52:52 PM »
I dunno, I might leave this one as is, and alter its numbers, and then have the submod that overwrites it all, but these files are annoying.  I might also, when its completely done, just erase the one thats there and move the other over into the mod proper.
--- I love making FUN encounters, the ones that make you scream with terror, and remember them forever! ---

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2014, 01:58:58 PM »
cough I'm going to work on it some today cough...

NemesisZeru

« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2014, 12:46:29 PM »
I suppose it's for the best. Paladin was what got me into Synergies, and while I'll miss Ghostblade's version, the potential of a new Paladin is neat, too. Can't wait to see what sort of direction it takes. c:

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2014, 01:01:37 AM »
well i could just balance whats there by tweaking the numbers, and finishing the skills that aren't done... hmm  the 'new' one will be a submod most likely at first anyways, so its most likely in my interest to alter the live version some anyways.

NemesisZeru

« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2014, 10:03:32 PM »
well i could just balance whats there by tweaking the numbers, and finishing the skills that aren't done... hmm  the 'new' one will be a submod most likely at first anyways, so its most likely in my interest to alter the live version some anyways.

Eh, you could. That'd arguably be more work though, wouldn't it? :P

But it's up to you. I'm excited to see what new routes the Paladin could take. x3

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2014, 01:29:06 AM »
Christmas is a slow time, I have too many kids ;)

okami29

« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2014, 05:51:25 AM »
Hello,
Maybe it is already known but there is a bug with the passive aura of radiance that deals electric damage : when you change the area (or zone) the effect disapear and you can not recast it if it is on cooldown.
A simple (but not the best) fix might be to make it a 1 second cooldown only if the bug can not be repaired.
Otherwise I really like this passive maybe a tier bonus could be eithe to increase the tick speed of the damage (more hit = more chance to proc so better than just raw damage) and increase the radius on Tier 3.
Thank you !