Author Topic: Fire Warlock useless in low to mid levels  (Read 2248 times)

tallyn88

Fire Warlock useless in low to mid levels
« on: November 26, 2014, 03:44:36 PM »
When messing around in the ember steps, at level 25 no build I can make of fire warlock is in any way useful. None of the fire skills do nearly enough damage to be effective. I can go in with only the highest Netherbolts possible at this level, which I believe to be 7 and 5 in fracture reality and be just fine. Why is their such a strong imbalance here, or what can I do to make these skills on par with Netherbolts?

I don't believe I have any gear that should make one much more powerful than the other.

tallyn88

Re: Fire Warlock useless in low to mid levels
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2014, 04:32:53 PM »
I also don't understand why Fractured reality's mana cost scales up. after 5 it grows in the amount of mana it regens, but it also increases its initial cost making it less useful because you need more minimum mana to regen mana. It is most efficient at level 5.

Miothan

• Bring in the dead, for the living has no use!
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2014, 09:02:45 PM »
You cant expect all abilities to be useful for all levels, no class in TL2 has abilities that are good for all levels in the level-up process.

Fractured Reality costing more mana is most likely due to end-game balance, without higher mana Cost you dont have to care about your mana management (tho with T1 gear mana is not an issue really anyway, not to mention you facetank and rarely use Fractured Reality when you are fully geared hehe)
What was once dead, can be made into servants of death and destruction. Feast on the innocent, slaughter the weak and punish those who would stand in your way!

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2014, 04:42:05 PM »
When messing around in the ember steps, at level 25 no build I can make of fire warlock is in any way useful. None of the fire skills do nearly enough damage to be effective. I can go in with only the highest Netherbolts possible at this level, which I believe to be 7 and 5 in fracture reality and be just fine. Why is their such a strong imbalance here, or what can I do to make these skills on par with Netherbolts?

I don't believe I have any gear that should make one much more powerful than the other.

So the critique is that you build fire and the damage is subpar compared to nether?

You are not able to do the content with fire, or is it that nether is just easier?

I would rather fire be useful, and comparable to nether, and in truth made a lot of alterations to improve it over the time since the warlock was finished. 

Lemme know the answers to the questions above, I'm not against revisiting the warlocks fire damage if I get more feedback on it.
People motivate themselves, and are inspired by others.
--- I love making FUN encounters, the ones that make you scream with terror, and remember them forever! ---
**more awesome then an awesome possum**