Author Topic: Concern with primary attack skills and thrown weapon types  (Read 1520 times)

mslayten

Concern with primary attack skills and thrown weapon types
« on: November 27, 2014, 05:16:53 AM »
Really love the class so far but one of the issues I thought worth noting with current skill use restrictions, a lot of the thrown weapons are axes and other types besides sword which is required for most of the better charge skills from a glance at the tree if I want to do thrown in my build. Another is in reguard to the same limitations,skill writeup only requires one hand using the sword but if the other is equipped with another weapon, thrown,melee or hand crossbow it disables my primary skills requiring the sword. I am thinking this will be worked out other than the skill requirement but I am hoping axes will be worked in as a secondary for attack skills in the future to benefit from the majority of thrown weapons as they seem ideal to the class and i can think of some very interesting hybrid builds using thrown main hand and offhand h.crossbows. For now i am using a berserker until the class is updated a bit more to get my fill of nostalgia for my throwing barb in pre synergy d2.

Drakan

Re: Concern with primary attack skills and thrown weapon types
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2014, 03:57:18 PM »
There are swords out there - throwing daggers and ninja-shurikens/glaves, and they work if equipped in the off-hand with a throwing axe in the main-hand. But maybe it was not intended to use that as a Ranger ;)

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
Re: Concern with primary attack skills and thrown weapon types
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2014, 04:36:41 PM »
I didn't make them into their own unittypes yet, its A LOT of work to do it correctly... way more then you may think.

People motivate themselves, and are inspired by others.
--- I love making FUN encounters, the ones that make you scream with terror, and remember them forever! ---
**more awesome then an awesome possum**