Author Topic: Aegis of Fate - Rework  (Read 1514 times)

BrainInBlack

Aegis of Fate - Rework
« on: November 27, 2014, 11:36:38 AM »
Since AoF is skipped by almost everyone, and that for good reasons, i've thought about a rework of that skill that could also make charges a bit more of a important resource.

Just as a reminder:
AoF is proc based and doesn't proc under the Force Field (FF), unless an attack bypasses the FF and even then the proc chance is pretty low.

The Idea:
Instead of a bubble, AoF could be a DR Field that weakens on hit. After it is completely gone it slowly regenerates, based on the current charge. In short. AoF acts like a DR buffer, with fluctuating values.

Recharge Mechanic:
Zero Charge = ~90sec until AoF is fully recharged
50% Charge = ~30sec until AoF is fully recharged
Full Charge   = ~10sec until AoF is fully recharged
1-3sec minimum charge time after AoF was completely drained

Damage Reduction:
I'm not sure about this part, but i think DR shouldn't be higher than 5% (at max charge)? Suggestions are welcome!

Possible Problems:
Since i don't have the numbers, FF could be a problem here, making it to easy to recharge AoF.

Notes:
Still just a basic idea ;)

Contributors:

Post History:
Nov/27/2014 - Initial post

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
Re: Aegis of Fate - Rework
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2014, 10:32:44 PM »
its definitely a skill that needs some work, I wonder how hard the logic would be for doing a charge up effect.. probably not too hard
People motivate themselves, and are inspired by others.
--- I love making FUN encounters, the ones that make you scream with terror, and remember them forever! ---
**more awesome then an awesome possum**

BrainInBlack

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2014, 11:51:43 AM »
Well, i don't possess the knowledge of the engine behind that, i just started with GUTS and it's pretty confusing to use. So it will take a few days until i can run my own tests with the suggested concept. Especially because of another idea, that will basically rework the whole engineer's resource system, but probably this will spawn a "new" class... we'll see

Thatmg7

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2015, 09:46:37 AM »
DO NOT CHANGE THIS SKILL

my build is based around it.

DR caps and that idea makes it worthless

stop trying to change its mechanics

Its a passive that procs and gives damage absorb at its core. An has bonus knockback resists

The only changes you should be suggesting are ones that are true to the skill

e.g.

increasing the proc chance

buffing the damage absorb

adding more resists

e.g. think Slow, Stun, (maybe the elemental things like burn/shock etc dunno) etc resists

maybe even some hp regen.

While i'm not exactly end game and I play on Vet. This skill has made me unkillable when its activated an it most likely never is off unless i'm really unlucky due to how often you are hit in this mod.

Well i'm not truly unkillable as DOTS and spike damage does go through sometimes. (Also i'm talking about tier 0, so it could potentially be weaker at higher tiers)

This in my eyes is FAR FAR superior to forcefield as that requires charges and to be cast and is wasted in seconds to due again how fast you are hit in the mod.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 09:52:03 AM by Thatmg7 »

Miothan

• Bring in the dead, for the living has no use!
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2015, 10:33:23 AM »
Again, this is an old thread, if a thread is more than a month old(Last reply is more than a month old), then its better to start a new one, or just post your feedback in the current feedback thread that ppl are actually posting their feedback in O_o
What was once dead, can be made into servants of death and destruction. Feast on the innocent, slaughter the weak and punish those who would stand in your way!

Thatmg7

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2015, 11:31:46 AM »
Again, this is an old thread, if a thread is more than a month old(Last reply is more than a month old), then its better to start a new one, or just post your feedback in the current feedback thread that ppl are actually posting their feedback in O_o

that makes no sense as its relevant to this post an its not like this forum get massive traffic necros matter

Miothan

• Bring in the dead, for the living has no use!
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2015, 04:31:49 PM »

that makes no sense as its relevant to this post an its not like this forum get massive traffic necros matter

I mention it because there is currently a feedback thread which is active where they discuss Aegis of Fate, so not sure why you would post in this one (And it also has more relevant information being discussed imo)
« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 04:44:29 PM by Miothan »
What was once dead, can be made into servants of death and destruction. Feast on the innocent, slaughter the weak and punish those who would stand in your way!