Author Topic: New to Mod - Why are my skills so weak  (Read 2768 times)

notrichbatman

New to Mod - Why are my skills so weak
« on: December 09, 2014, 06:26:47 PM »
Is it intended for my character to be so weak

currently level 16 outlander elite difficulty

main offensive skills are sandstorm and shattering glaive. they do pitiful damage. I mainly kill with a cannon using normal attack. This isn't fun. Am I missing something? Is this what happens in elite?

There are so many changes in this mod and I do not find it newbie friendly at all, even in the faqs, etc. No guide for newcommers?

Rigomortis

Re: New to Mod - Why are my skills so weak
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2014, 07:28:54 AM »
Outlander is currently underpowered I'm afraid. Try playing a berseker, engineer, necromancer, warlock or a ranger.

Miothan

• Bring in the dead, for the living has no use!
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2014, 07:52:42 AM »
Is it intended for my character to be so weak

currently level 16 outlander elite difficulty

main offensive skills are sandstorm and shattering glaive. they do pitiful damage. I mainly kill with a cannon using normal attack. This isn't fun. Am I missing something? Is this what happens in elite?

There are so many changes in this mod and I do not find it newbie friendly at all, even in the faqs, etc. No guide for newcommers?

Many others (throught several months) have reported that it is hard to level-up in Elite with certain characters, i myself have not leveled an Outlander so have no idea, but if you want a solid (and imo FUN) lvling character, go with a Summoner Necromancer :D thats what i did and it was awesome fun, tho it was 2+ years ago so could have changed in how difficult it is.

At level 50+ many classes performs much better due to unlocking rank 1 and 2 of the ability-tiers, have seen complaints that it is harder due to ability-tiers not unlocking until later.

So give it a go if you find the class to be fun, or try out another class, and if you dislike leveling and want to try out the level 100 raids you could always use the console to level-up to 100 instantly.
What was once dead, can be made into servants of death and destruction. Feast on the innocent, slaughter the weak and punish those who would stand in your way!

notrichbatman

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2014, 06:29:02 PM »
thanks for the replies, I don't feel like an idiot. I downloaded rapidrespec and changed difficulty to veteran which has helped, at least trash mobs arent too time consuming.

quick question, I'm playing through story mode, I read something about not going into new game + after completion because the mod is not balanced for that, is this correct?

Milkopilko

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2014, 11:25:06 PM »
thanks for the replies, I don't feel like an idiot. I downloaded rapidrespec and changed difficulty to veteran which has helped, at least trash mobs arent too time consuming.

quick question, I'm playing through story mode, I read something about not going into new game + after completion because the mod is not balanced for that, is this correct?

Yeah, don't go new game plus with Synergies

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2014, 09:36:52 AM »
once you finish it I recommend staying with ROD or one of the other alternative leveling zones.
People motivate themselves, and are inspired by others.
--- I love making FUN encounters, the ones that make you scream with terror, and remember them forever! ---
**more awesome then an awesome possum**