Author Topic: Ranger "counters"  (Read 4307 times)

dtone

Ranger "counters"
« on: January 23, 2015, 07:06:02 PM »
I dont understand how the concept of "counters" works exactly.... if anyone could explain, I would appreciate it.

SirTeebag

Re: Ranger "counters"
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2015, 09:54:54 AM »
You are activating the skill that provides counters.
->
You can then see the counters as a "buff" for your character.
->
Depending on the counter it can increase in number on certain circumstances or it lowers it number and has a certain effect when do so. For example extra damage when hitting an enemy (thousand cuts) but losing 1 counter. Nature counters, to give another example, can be build up by different skills and the number of nature counters you have can buff some other skills in it's power. You can get counters not only by activating skills but have a passive buff that says you get "X (melee/nature/lighting..)counters" by doing different stuff, mostly damaging foes.

Counters decrease after time spent not using them.
-Take what you can, give nothing back!-

dtone

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2015, 06:05:28 PM »
Ah okay.  So when I am using Thousand Cuts or Sweeping attack the only time they are having the effect listed on their tool tip is when a counter is used?  They start with 2 counters so I can only use the skill 2 times before having to recast it despite the fact that it "lasts" for 20 seconds?

SirTeebag

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2015, 06:54:31 PM »
you have a 100% chance to CAST sweeping strike or thousand cuts on strike for 20 seconds, which reduces 1 counter if you hit a foe. By reactivating the skill (that's why it does not have 20sec cd because you spam it) you get the next 2 counters and so on. upgrading the skill of your favor gives you more counters on cast
-Take what you can, give nothing back!-

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2015, 02:33:09 PM »
Ah okay.  So when I am using Thousand Cuts or Sweeping attack the only time they are having the effect listed on their tool tip is when a counter is used?  They start with 2 counters so I can only use the skill 2 times before having to recast it despite the fact that it "lasts" for 20 seconds?

there are weapons and other skills that will award you with bonus counters, it is possible to maintain a counter count while not spamming the skill once you get further developed.
People motivate themselves, and are inspired by others.
--- I love making FUN encounters, the ones that make you scream with terror, and remember them forever! ---
**more awesome then an awesome possum**