Author Topic: Game is too hard for a melee character?  (Read 976 times)

thefran

Game is too hard for a melee character?
« on: January 24, 2015, 07:12:52 PM »
I'm playing Emberquake engineer, mainly dumping points into strength and somewhat less focus. Level 20ish. Veteran difficulty.

Despite the repeated warnings, I'm levelling charge reconstitution (along with healing bot and force field). regardless, everything kills me. i have 1k health and mobs hit me for 200-300, elites may crit me for 800 if they feel like, I'm struggling against solo champions because I can't build charges against them and I'm struggling against any amount of mobs larger than 3-5 because they tear me to shreds. i chug potions non-stop and die regardless.

hitting a champion with 35000 health with a 120 DPS white mace (nothing else drops) until it dies, knowing that you will instantly die if he charges and your health isn't full, and getting a +7 poison damage wand, is not fun. In fact, that's the opposite of fun.

(even with synergieshighloot, elites maybe drop a potion if they feel like, and champions drop useless green shit).

(I also run torchlight essentials but i doubt that's what makes the game so boring and badly designed)
« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 07:16:50 PM by thefran »

dtone

Re: Game is too hard for a melee character?
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2015, 10:34:22 PM »
That doesn't sound right.  I get greens at the very least from the first few creeps i kill...

Fawzy

Re: Game is too hard for a melee character?
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2015, 11:01:00 PM »
Try buying a better weapon or armor with +hp or +vit bonuses in town if you can't get any good drops. A deep health pool is necessary in all parts of the game with synergies. Starting is surprisingly hard in synergies and it takes a while to kill things at first. But once you get to around 30 you should start rolling. I'd recommend putting one point into onslaught and/or storm burst to help you kite more also. And if it really gets to the point of bleh, go down to normal difficulty till you get stronger.