Author Topic: Darkness Falls Challenge Chests: How to  (Read 5080 times)

Miothan

• Bring in the dead, for the living has no use!
Darkness Falls Challenge Chests: How to
« on: January 31, 2015, 02:18:25 PM »
So you might be wondering why you are not getting that challenge chest and what you need to do during an encounter to get that extra chest, well look no further!

Abe: Kill the 4 phases before he hides the Challenge chest (Timed event, invisible Timer), does not matter if you die.
Dragon Rescue: The Dragon must survive, does not matter if you die.
Rak'var: Must survive + not allowed to run to far away from the area Rak'var spawns in.
Dragon Tower: Must Survive, not allowed to die during the encounter.
Troll King: Must kill the doggy he spawns(Jackyl) + Jal'kor's Retainer after he heals back to full HP before you kill him, must also open the challenge chest before you kill the Troll King, does not matter if you die (Challenge Chest becomes available after you kill the Doggy and the retainer mob, but will disapear if you kill the Troll King before you open it)
Bleld: Must survive, if you die the Challenge Chest is gone.
Nazich: Must survive, and must kill him before he summons a 5th minion.
Syerl'Khan: Kill at least 15 Nether Casters, 4 spawns each time new tentacles spawns, does not matter if you die.

If you complete the challenge, you get to open the Challenge Chest, if you fail, the challenge chest simply disappears/wont be available.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2016, 04:20:55 AM by Miothan »
What was once dead, can be made into servants of death and destruction. Feast on the innocent, slaughter the weak and punish those who would stand in your way!

Nomercy

Re: Darkness Falls Challenge Chests: How to
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2016, 04:00:56 AM »

Dragon Tower: Must Survive + Kill both Dragons within 10 seconds of each other.

Just survive and you got the challenge chest , kill both in 10 secs doesnt matter , at least for me ..
« Last Edit: November 02, 2016, 04:03:04 AM by Nomercy »

Miothan

• Bring in the dead, for the living has no use!
Re: Darkness Falls Challenge Chests: How to
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2016, 04:19:04 AM »

Dragon Tower: Must Survive + Kill both Dragons within 10 seconds of each other.

Just survive and you got the challenge chest , kill both in 10 secs doesnt matter , at least for me ..

Just went and tested it and it is as you say, however, that is an undocumented change (or bug) that Salan has not mentioned to anyone, and i am sure it's not what he intended as he did not mention it to anyone.

I'll edit my OP to reflect this undocumented change.
What was once dead, can be made into servants of death and destruction. Feast on the innocent, slaughter the weak and punish those who would stand in your way!