Been working on this tree lately, trying to see where I can get it to today. It will be challenging to balance correctly, and truly the balance will only come once the whole class is done and can be tested interacting with all skills.
- The justice tree is shaped around the paladin passing on justice to the enemy, it is full of 1 minute duration self buffs that will each apply a negative effect onto enemies when damaged, or bonus's onto the players outgoing damage amounts. All active skills in this tree will either be pure attacks or self buffs. Consider the rangers proc buffs, without the counters and restricted to fire only on skill use. This is the tree you will go to for your damage output.
Tier1: Pass Judgement. You pass your judgement on the enemy, and find them wanting.
- 60 second buff that will debuff enemies armor amounts and later debuff their incoming damage amounts.
Tier2: Render Verdict
- A fast attack skill, a single target pure damage dealer that will expand into aoe with skill points.
Tier3: Sentencing. Once sentenced there is no escape.
- 60 second buff that will debuff enemies movement, add a chance to immobilize and resistance debuffs..
Tier4: Inside Job. The biggest fear on the inside is getting shanked when you least expect it.
- 60 second buff that will break shields, and cause fear.
Tier5: Last Rights. On the cusp of execution the stage is set...
-60 second buff that will add a outgoing % damage buff to the player, and a Bleed to their attacks.
Tier6: Death Sentence. There is only one thing left to do...
-60 second buff that will add a scaling damage amount to the players attacks based on current charge amounts, as well as how often the death sentence is passed. (every kill adds to it...)
Longer cooldown high damage output attack skill. Will add a coefficient to the player that will increase death sentence and last rights strength for a short time after use.
Passive1: Aura of guilt
Continually pulses a shocking attack that can apply all self buffs to enemies around the player.
Passive2: 2 Handed Specialty
Because justice is best served with a big weapon
Passive3: Guilty Verdict
increases the duration of self buffs and their effects on enemies.