Author Topic: The JUSTICE TREE, paladin rework.  (Read 2779 times)

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
The JUSTICE TREE, paladin rework.
« on: February 03, 2015, 12:53:21 PM »
Been working on this tree lately, trying to see where I can get it to today.  It will be challenging to balance correctly, and truly the balance will only come once the whole class is done and can be tested interacting with all skills.

Justice
- The justice tree is shaped around the paladin passing on justice to the enemy, it is full of 1 minute duration self buffs that will each apply a negative effect onto enemies when damaged, or bonus's onto the players outgoing damage amounts.  All active skills in this tree will either be pure attacks or self buffs.  Consider the rangers proc buffs, without the counters and restricted to fire only on skill use.  This is the tree you will go to for your damage output.

Tier1:  Pass Judgement.   You pass your judgement on the enemy, and find them wanting.
- 60 second buff that will debuff enemies armor amounts and later debuff their incoming damage amounts.

Tier2: Render Verdict
- A fast attack skill, a single target pure damage dealer that will expand into aoe with skill points.

Tier3: Sentencing.  Once sentenced there is no escape.
- 60 second buff that will debuff enemies movement,  add a chance to immobilize and resistance debuffs..

Tier4: Inside Job.   The biggest fear on the inside is getting shanked when you least expect it.
- 60 second buff that will break shields, and cause fear.

Tier5: Last Rights.  On the cusp of execution the stage is set...
-60 second buff that will add a outgoing % damage buff to the player, and a Bleed to their attacks.

Tier6: Death Sentence.  There is only one thing left to do...
-60 second buff that will add a scaling damage amount to the players attacks based on current charge amounts, as well as how often the death sentence is passed. (every kill adds to it...)

Tier7: Execution
Longer cooldown high damage output attack skill.  Will add a coefficient to the player that will increase death sentence and last rights strength for a short time after use.

Passive1:  Aura of guilt
Continually pulses a shocking attack that can apply all self buffs to enemies around the player.

Passive2: 2 Handed Specialty
Because justice is best served with a big weapon

Passive3: Guilty Verdict
increases the duration of self buffs and their effects on enemies.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 01:23:11 PM by Salan »
People motivate themselves, and are inspired by others.
--- I love making FUN encounters, the ones that make you scream with terror, and remember them forever! ---
**more awesome then an awesome possum**

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
Re: The JUSTICE TREE, paladin rework.
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2015, 01:13:19 PM »
All Justice procs will only fire on SKILL USE, auto attacking will not cause them to work.
--- I love making FUN encounters, the ones that make you scream with terror, and remember them forever! ---

nposada7

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2015, 05:06:34 PM »
These look great Salan. I am maining a Paladin atm (first character to play Synergies with) and so far only hammer of reckoning is of use along with the passives of the tree. I look forward to trying it out! And although I don't I'll reach 100 any time soon due to time constraints, I am still excited to test it.

RetsReds

• Fantasy writer - Yordan Zhelyazkov
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2015, 01:02:10 PM »
How is the pally going, any news? I can barely wait!  ;D

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2015, 11:55:40 PM »
I am working on it, slowly, but surely.   the paladin is utterly destroyed right now, i removed all its skills and am putting them back in in the new order. hence why i haven't updated yet.... Oops LOL

Vandenreich

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2015, 12:57:12 AM »
Don't worry, im sure its worth the wait  ;D

RetsReds

• Fantasy writer - Yordan Zhelyazkov
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2015, 01:29:13 AM »
the paladin is utterly destroyed right now.... Oops LOL

What else could we expect from a necro/warlock fan ...  ;D

No worries, we'll wait - just curious. ;)