Author Topic: 1213+ dev notes  (Read 13249 times)

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
1213+ dev notes
« on: February 05, 2015, 12:06:37 AM »
EmberSteps
Peake
Damage reduced by 35%

TIER 1 DARKNESSFALLS alterations
Dragon Rescue
All timers for next spawn halved.
All kill counters for how many monsters need to die before next spawning halved. (this resets the timer for next spawn, so if you kill fast enough the timer doesn't kick in, just restarts and this takes over)
Golden Boss Dragon health reduced by 25%
-- We will have to test to see if this creates too much lag or not.

EMBERMAGE
Deaths Bounty
5skillpoints:  Now debuffs enemies damage reflection while applied (can stack)
10skillpoints: Now debuffs enemies Missile reflection while applied (can stack)
The Heal Effects have been increased per effect level.

Staff Mastery
Renamed to Elemental Mastery
Removed staff as a requirement

Wand Chaos
Renamed as Elemental Chaos
removed wand requirement

Prismatic Rift
Changed to when you strike instead of when you are struck

Embermage Charge bar
Damage Bonus for full charge bar increased from 25% to 50%

Increase MAX damage of avatar spells by 25%

Charge Mastery
When charge NOT maxed Charge mastery has a 50% chance to cast a deathbounty heal anytime one of your skills strike an enemy
Half the heal bolts released when proc'd at half strength from death bounty

ThunderLocus
Storm Duration increased to 6 seconds from 5 seconds

Following skills now Scale based on % of characters FOCUS for non weapondps damage amounts (between a 25% to 100% increase at 500 focus)
Arc Beam 
Blazing Pillar
Fire Brand
Ice Brand
Fire Bomb
FireStorm
FrostWave
HailStorm
IceBlast
Infernal Collapse
Lightning Brand
MagmaSpear
MagmaMace
Meteor
Teleport
Prismatic Bolt
Shocking Burst
StormLocus
DeathsBounty Heal effect
Wand Chaos effects

WARLOCK
Hellfire and NetherVoid charge bonus doubled from 1% per point to 2% per point

NECROMANCER

Infectious Touch
DOT damage now scales with players focus slightly
(results in approx 25% DOT damage increase with 500 focus)

Master Minions
All master minions now have a DR buff inherently assigned to them when being summoned.
25% at 1 skill point
35% at 5
45% at 10
55% at 15

All master minion BUFFS at 10 skill points now give 25% DR up from 10%
All master minion BUFFS at 15 skill points now give 50% DR up from 25%, allowing the castable DR buff to all necromancer minions to top out at 150% when stacked from all three master minions, instead of previous 75%.
This will help in end game tiers.

PALADIN

Divinity Skill Page

T1: Abolition added, AOE slam attack, gains extra dps and range with full charge (lightning damage)
T2: Blessing of Freedom added, XX second buff that adds movement resistances and movement speed (currently pull resistance not showing up BUG)
T3: Consecration added, currently same as previous version
T4: Wrath of God added, DPS greatly increased, utility altered to stun (fire damage)
T5: Lay on Hands added, currently same as previous version
T6: Holy Shield added, high dps + block defense buff (Fire damage)
T7: Angelic Embrace added, High health/mana buff based on current armor amount, health bubble on cast
P1: Aura of Divinity added, creates an aura around the player that debuffs enemies incoming fire damage amount, increases if player at full charge.
P2: Judgement, currently same as Elemental Attunement (will be updated)
P3: Charge Mastery, currently same as the old Embermage Charge Mastery (will be updated)

Justice skill page

T1: PassJudgement Added, XX second proc buff that debuffs enemies Armor values
T2: RenderVerdict added, Physical spammable attack skill, increases targets with tier, and if at full charge. (Physical damage)
T3: Sentencing added, XX second proc buff that debuffs enemies movement and attack speed/casting values
T4: InsideJob added, XX second proc buff that breaks enemies will/ability to fight and their shields
T5: LastRights added, XX second proc buff that debuffs enemies damage output and adds a DOT (physical damage) <modified by strength>
T6: DeathSentence added, XX second proc buff that deals physical damage to the target on proc, half internal cooldown of other proc buffs. (Electrical damage) <based on wDPS>
T7: Execution added, long cooldown aoe smash attack, does extra Damage if full charge, increases charge greatly per enemy hit (Physical Damage)
P1: Aura of Retribution added, creates an aura around the player that debuffs enemies incoming lightning damage amount, increases if player at full charge.
P2: Weapon Specialty, do more damage per monster in range, plus secondary splash bonus
P3:

Honor Skill Page

T1:BlessingofResponsibility added, XX second buff that buffs players Attack speed and Physical damage amount
T2: HonorBound added, Charge attack currently same as previous version (Fire damage)
T3: ArmorofRighteousness added, XX ssecond buff that buffs players armor values and adds DR
T4: Intervention added, Swaps location with pet (Currently only 1 skill point, skill unfinished)
T5: JumpAttack added, currently same as previous version (Tier bonus not in effect, to be altered and renamed) (lightning damage)
T6: HonorGuard added, Summons pious allies to support the paladin, when at full charge summons supplemental allies for short duration.
T7: TurnCoat added, % Chance to turn enemies against themselves through Charming them
P1: SimbioticHealth: aura that causes deathbounty esq buff to enemies
P2: Bodyguard: damage reflection and missile deflection
P3: DrawArmor: elemental dr, health and mana regeneration draw
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 06:57:55 PM by Salan »
People motivate themselves, and are inspired by others.
--- I love making FUN encounters, the ones that make you scream with terror, and remember them forever! ---
**more awesome then an awesome possum**

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
Re: 1213+ dev notes
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2015, 06:16:54 PM »
Working on this a bunch this weekend.
--- I love making FUN encounters, the ones that make you scream with terror, and remember them forever! ---

Thatmg7

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2015, 11:46:52 PM »
But my Build is RIP with this crys

Hammer of Reckoning (best dmg skill).

Swift Justice (awesome move skill)

Sanctified Fury (more dmg fun times)

+ other proc on hit fire/lightning + electric aura
:v
« Last Edit: March 01, 2015, 11:54:18 PM by Thatmg7 »

Violation

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2015, 02:04:53 AM »
Really looking forward to the Paladin changes to test out :), Was my favorite character until I met the End boss in darkness falls lol 20-25 deaths kinda hurt.

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2015, 02:13:04 AM »

the paladin is going to be completely reworked, there is no stopping that, the current one was never finished.

That said a lot of what the current paladin does WILL be in the other trees, I chose justice first because it is the full rework tree.

Thatmg7

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2015, 10:34:05 AM »

the paladin is going to be completely reworked, there is no stopping that, the current one was never finished.

That said a lot of what the current paladin does WILL be in the other trees, I chose justice first because it is the full rework tree.

makes sense its just the loss of the main damage skill and swift justice the amazing movement skill is gonna hurt alot.

An from what i read the new tree isn't that good for me. as it looks to be a tree that you want to dedicate lots of points to and i only have 45 currently in that tree.

RetsReds

• Fantasy writer - Yordan Zhelyazkov
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2015, 12:03:39 PM »
makes sense its just the loss of the main damage skill and swift justice the amazing movement skill is gonna hurt alot.

An from what i read the new tree isn't that good for me. as it looks to be a tree that you want to dedicate lots of points to and i only have 45 currently in that tree.

Just wait till we see the other two trees - it doesn't matter how much points you have in which tree now, because the paladin is getting a complete revamp atm. No matter what changes there're in that one tree, that doesn't mean that the other two trees won't gets the skills you want.

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2015, 07:25:43 PM »
you can pick and choose, these skills are going to be huge for the paladins damage output.

you have debuffs, and shield breaks, and other things, but each and everyone of them ALSO does weapon damage % when they hit, the paladin is going to be a main line damage dealer much like you have with your righteous hammer, BUT you won't have it all in one unbalanced skill.  You will need to pick and choose but one thing is for sure, it won't have a debuff only style skill in this design structure.  Paladin will put out some pain.

Thatmg7

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2015, 09:36:09 PM »
you can pick and choose, these skills are going to be huge for the paladins damage output.

you have debuffs, and shield breaks, and other things, but each and everyone of them ALSO does weapon damage % when they hit, the paladin is going to be a main line damage dealer much like you have with your righteous hammer, BUT you won't have it all in one unbalanced skill.  You will need to pick and choose but one thing is for sure, it won't have a debuff only style skill in this design structure.  Paladin will put out some pain.

I don't get it, how this is a passive buff but does damage like an active.

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2015, 09:41:33 PM »

Pass Judgement tier1 Added
Adds a buff for 60 seconds that will cast an attack and debuff enemies when struck by a skill strike
1 second internal cool down on applications of attack/debuff
10 to 25% weapon damage done on cast
Degrades enemies armor for 6 seconds per strike
Adds a stat to the enemy that other skills will exploit.

Render Verdict tier2 Added
Fast swipe attack that hits a single target.
Gains another target per tier.

Sentencing Tier3 Added
Adds a buff for 60 seconds that will cast an attack and debuff enemies when struck by a skill strike
1 second internal cool down on applications of attack/debuff
5 to 35% Weapon damage done on cast
Debuffs movement speed of target
Gives the player a chance to Immobilize the target
Debuffs some resistances so other effects have a better chance to strike
Adds a stat to the enemy that other skills will exploit.

Inside Job Tier4 Added
Add a buff for 60 seconds that will cast an attack and destroy enemies shields when struck by a skill strike
1 second internal cool down on application of attack/debuff
10 to 40% weapon damage done on cast
can instill fear on the enemy
adds a stat to the enemy that other skills will exploit.

Last Rights Tier5 Added
Add a buff for 60 seconds that will cast an attack and debuff the enemies ability to do damage when struck by a skill strike
1 second internal cool down on application of attack/debuff
15 to 30% weapon damage done on cast
will add a stackable DOT to the enemy after investing enough skill points.
adds a stat to the enemy that other skills will exploit.

Each one is a passive buff that effects the player, when the player casts a skill at a target it casts a proc, which does the effect of the buff (think RANGER, without the charges).  Its a different take on the ranger charge mechanics.  These debuffs will allow you to build your character with high damage output AND debuffs, most likely with testing I can forsee the %'s of each debuff damage being lowered, but for initial testing I'll leave them as they are.

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2015, 09:43:21 PM »
for instance if you had all of those maxed you would add something like 130% damage % to your attack PLUS the debuffs, if they all proc at the same time.

Thatmg7

« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2015, 10:17:59 PM »
for instance if you had all of those maxed you would add something like 130% damage % to your attack PLUS the debuffs, if they all proc at the same time.

oh so they are basically like the passives in the fire/electric tree but on skill rather than on hit.

Your first post did not make sense to me.

wondering if these buffs prevent auras from other tree

As it might be funny on the lightning aura skill. Would need to test it though as i think on paper things sound more powerful than in tl2.
An you said other trees will be revamped latter anyway so it kinda moot balancing at this stage until the character is nearly finished. Just have to learn not to get attached to the current paladin. even if i did like the direction on some of the skills.

And wow on these all stacking. However personally don't like it. As 1 i don't like focusing heavily in 1 tree, 2 i don't like managing lots of skills due to dyspraxia. however you have 1min buff timers so you got a + from me there as that is around the time its in a range i can deal with. I personally would make most if not all buffs 1-5 mins in TL1 I had a mod that did this.  (reason why i don't use necros bone armour as that timer isn't worth my time)

I just personally don't see skill involved in rebuffing more often its not skilful in any way. because its a can do can't do 1:0 yes no thing.
An this isn't exactly an moba pvp comp game.

But again thats just me an my dyspraxia.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 10:28:27 PM by Thatmg7 »

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2015, 11:33:08 PM »
I just personally don't see skill involved in rebuffing more often its not skilful in any way. because its a can do can't do 1:0 yes no thing.
An this isn't exactly an moba pvp comp game.

But again thats just me an my dyspraxia.

Dsypraxia will always be a challenge for you when it comes to complex rotation gameplay.  No real way around that.  I believe we talked a long time ago about a personal mod that I could build that would allow you to enjoy the classes a bit more with Dsypraxia in mind.  Of course the mainstream of the classes and what I will release publicly is meant to be what it is, and I strongly believe that the lower cooldown timers keeps the player from being bored with 1 repetitive keystroke, AND maintains a artificial control on DPS at times... 

for instance, a ranger who never had to cast his buffs except once every 5 minutes would put out a LOT more damage then a ranger who had to constantly keep track of what charges and buffs were active in order to get damage out of them.  For me the constant shuffling of skills on the ranger, and the speed at which its done is what made me love the class so much.  But my mind works at lightspeed on these types of things, so it suits my desires that way.

for you the ranger would likely drive you insane, but that is how the world works.

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2015, 11:36:34 PM »
Working on the paladin..

SO FAR

all Justice spells are 15 skill points and fully added in for WHAT the spell does.

Right now all justice BUFF spells have placeholder visual graphics off of the ranger tree in order to make sure the functionality is there, I will be going through the visual stuff real soon thou.

All the Divinity and Honor spells are currently copies of their original spells, most of these will be altered drastically.

RetsReds

• Fantasy writer - Yordan Zhelyazkov
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2015, 02:15:20 AM »
Sounds awesome to me. Even tho I'm usually not a fan of constant re-castings of skills, I did like the Ranger. As long as there is at least one active damage skill with the graphics of a giant, spectral war hammer, I'll be happy. ;D