Author Topic: Cannoneer viable?  (Read 1633 times)

Conans Might

Cannoneer viable?
« on: February 06, 2015, 02:33:46 AM »
Hey guys,

Rolling as the Engineer at the mo in a cannoneer set up.  Things are going well in act 1 so far.  Although I am chesting slightly with the Improved Engineers summons mod so that my summons are with me permanantly or untill there killed!

Am I likely to struggle further on in the game? 

Cheers

Thatmg7

Re: Cannoneer viable?
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2015, 08:35:43 PM »
Its a really bad idea to play t1 with any 2 handed weapon

As you are loosing out on 4 special enchants and 2 gem slots (shield) (1 gem slot if duel wielding).

+ canon focuses on blind/stun what got severely nerfed a while back from base TL1.

potterman28wxcv

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2015, 10:48:54 AM »
I will get the chance to test soon in end game how the canoneer is doing. For the leveling part, it's surely more than OK : you stun enemies, you fire a blast cannon hitting 10 enemies at the time and proccing coup de grace, everyone gets killed  8)

I do not fear much T0 as well. But T1, and the missile reflection.. Maybe i will switch to fusillade when I will encounter these highly reflective mobs.

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2015, 12:54:27 AM »
I really want to make a cannon style character one day ;(
People motivate themselves, and are inspired by others.
--- I love making FUN encounters, the ones that make you scream with terror, and remember them forever! ---
**more awesome then an awesome possum**

Matt516

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2015, 07:13:22 PM »
Is the balance issue with 2H weapons going to be fixed at some point? It seems kind of odd to have an entire class of weapons be not competitive lategame. Or am I misunderstanding how it works?