You slowly step over the last stinky bodies of your fallen enemies wiping away the sweat off your face. Thinking you have finally beaten the hordes of evil creatures that apparently desired your death more than a shower, you gaze at the beautiful holy light around you as you hit the well known but rarely reached level 100. "Pff, that was easy.." you mumble to yourself.
Speaking out loud the ancient words of magic to open a wayportal you notice a sound of deep breathing. And as you try to enter the shiny blue portal something grasps your foot - "RUN YOU FOOL!". You turn around and see that one of your foes somehow made it to survive. Kneeling down and pushing your sword deeper in his back you ask "What was that?..". With his last painful breath of air he whispers: "It has only just begun."
Well, and as you allready assumed - he was right.
So you made it! Congratualtions and welcome to the end game of SynergiesMod
. This is the part where the mod actually starts and believe me, it's rewarding but really difficult (presuming you are playing on elite/veteran).
My name is SirTeebag, I'm from Germany and playing SynergiesMod for about three months now. I want to give you a quick guide
about what steps you should consider taking to be able to reach the last dungeon and beat the final boss. There are allready several guides and topics about the individual dungeons which links I will put into this one. I'm open to constructive critique and suggestions, don't mind to tell me if something is missing. I try to keep this guide uptodate as this mod is a never ending process of improvements and extensions. So let's get started!First Steps
• Make yourself familiar with your new home-map if you did not allready: Table Mountain
- You can go there by buying the portal scroll from "Salan WitherWind
" located in "Estherian Enclave
- You can go there by traveling to "Selrock
" speaking with "Kelintor
" (located in every city), then run to the other end of the map and use the Portal to TableMountain
- Visit the Three Vendors
to know what they have in store. This is probably your first station to gear up for the first dungeon. So keep them in mind!
(Tip: By creating LAN games you can revisit them over & over again to get new items)
- Ongoing there are the Gem Specialists
, the Transmuter
and all the Enchanter
you need (including one guy that add sockets to your items! Very important!)
- You can find the "Deserted Gold Mine
" in the north
- You can find the first dungeon "Tier0 Derinkuyu Raid Dungeon
" in the south in form of a portal
- You can find the second dungeon "Tier0.5 Or'Ak Basin
" by passing through the "Or'Ak Pass
" in the north next to the gold mine
- You can find the third dungeon "Tier1/1.5 Darknessfalls
" by finishing the second dungeon and activating the portal.
After that you can go to the third dungeon by using the wayportal in the south of Table Mountain
• Get some mediocre gear (lvl90-100 equipment recommended) and farm gold! (You don't need to be overpowered)
- With the gold you allready farmed by leveling up and selling unnecassary gear go ahead and get the best equipment you can get by the Three Vendors
(try to complete good set compositions)
- Don't forget to enchant your gear by the Enchanters
(Armor with attribute stats like DEX & STR)
- If you have money left after that you can add sockets to your weapons and then to your armor to fill in socketables like skulls you may have found or elemental gems
- Go to the "Deserted Gold Mine
" and farm as deep as you can. The monsters are weak and every foe drops gold piles which wealth depends on their level (the gold mine is endless).
The monsters get stronger the deeper you go and - most important - drop more gold and increase in number.
In my opinion it is worth starting to farm at lvl ~72 in therms of time efficiency (just rush through
the levels til you reach it). However if you can not reach 72 without dying don't mind to farm lower levels!
(Ultra pro tip: ... if you die, don't revive at the entrance. You lose too much gold
- I recommend repeating this process until you have at least 5 to 10 million gold
• How to save your gold! (Really important also when raiding dungeons)
- Go to "Selrock
" and find all the portals in the east. Enter the "Kel Vault
- In here you can deposit
your farmed gold (which is in your inventory) into "items" with the value of 5k, 100k or 2kk gold.
By clicking on the whisps the gold scrolls drop on the ground and you can pick 'em up. If you
have them in your inventory you can click the other whisps to withdraw
the gold into actual usable gold again. This way you dont lose too much gold upon dying.
When upgrading your gear you can withdraw the scrolls to use the gold!
(Tip: This method is also made for gold sharing between your characters without losing gold by reselling items, just put the gold items in your shared stash)
• How to farm heal/mana potions
- In order to survive deeper stages of the gold mine or your upcoming first dungeons potions are really important depending on class and skill set.
I recommend you to go to "Selrock
" again and visit the vendor "Keira the Travelor
" (north) to buy the scroll "Clockwork Castle Waypoint Portal
- Activate the portal and fight!
Fight as long as you want, the waves won't end until you tell the guy on the south-east to do so or the FPS get too slow due to the amount of items laying around.
If you die, you can revive at the entrance without the fear of losing all the items. Just make sure you saved your gold previously.Raid Time! T0 Derinkuyu
• "Get your stuff together man!"
- Yes. You need to be prepared in order to be successful. Spend the 5 to 10 million gold
in the same order as before:
Buy your equipment you prefer, enchant it, add sockets and fill it with gems as best as you can.
Then jump into the dungeon after you saved your remaining gold!
- In the class forum you can look up your own class and read guides to specific builds or suggestions about gear and enchantings http://forums.synergiesmod.com/index.php?board=36.0
• Farm the trash mobs and don't activate the portals
- After your first encounter with the enemies in this T0 dungeon you can rate your own gear. Are you able to survive several hits? How fast do you kill the mobs?
If you need improvement -> gold mine.
Nevertheless: The trash mobs are droping powerful skulls you want to farm before getting into the portals to farm equipment.
Most important skulls are Limoany
(5% Damage Reduction) and Riechliu
(1500 flat HP) for your gear!
• Raiding the dungeon and its bosses
- Before raiding the bosses I highly recommend to get the 75% Damage Reduction cap (visible in arcane statistics) and enough health to survive at least 2 hits!
- This little guide explains how this dungeon is set up and works: http://forums.synergiesmod.com/index.php?topic=2532.0
- Here you can see what gear you can get from the bosses, pick your choice wisely!: http://forums.synergiesmod.com/index.php?topic=5234.0
- Which boss drops what item? Look at this awesome list: http://forums.synergiesmod.com/index.php?topic=2803.0
(Tip: If you completed 4-5 bosses you can restart by your first boss. What I mean: Kill boss A. Kill boss B. Boss A is only available again if you kill at least 4 other bosses and so on)
• Upgrading your favorite T0 gear to Soulbound & 2xSoulbound
- This page shows you how crafting works in SynergiesMod: http://forums.synergiesmod.com/index.php?topic=3937.0
- Don't forget: You can buy potion catalysts in Table Mountain.
Combine 1 potion & 1 legendary item (not unique) by the transmuter into 1 greater soul to get more angelic souls for crafting
-> 50 unused or bad legendaries + 50 potion catalysts = 50 greater souls = 5 magnificient souls = 1 Angelic soul.
-> 1 Angelic soul + 1 Soulstone + 1 T0 Item = 1xSoulbound T0 Item
-> 1xSoulbound T0 Item + 2 Angelic souls + 2 Soulstones = 2xSoulbound T0 Item
-> So you need 3 Angelic souls and 3 soulstones to upgrade 1 T0 Item to its maximum soulbound level with extra 8%DR and +500HP!
• Still questions?
- Use this sub-forum for searching and asking specific questions about T0 dungeons (including the following T0.5 dungeon): http://forums.synergiesmod.com/index.php?board=48.0T0.5 Or'Ak Basin & your first debuff
• "Get your set together man!"
- After hours of farming for your desired T0 set and upgrading the parts to Soulbound or even 2x Soulbound,
enchanting it with good stats and socketing your gear to max out the 75%DR cap + at least 30k health it's time to visit the second dungeon! But wait..
• Your first debuff
- On entering the dungeon you might have noticed that your arcane statistics are trolling you with random changed numbers. Well, it's not the statistics but the game itself.
This dungeon contains a debuff that changes your stats:
- HP is reduced by 4000 (if you have 3999hp and enter the dungeon you will die immediately)
- All Damage taken is increased by 45%
- Critical Hit Damage reduced by 40%
- Chance to Block reduced by 20%
- Chance to Dodge reduced by 20%
- Critical Hit Chance reduced by 20%
- All Damage dealt is reduced by 20%
- Chance to reflect Missiles is reduced by 20% (Takes into account the Diminishing Return curve, so will not be a whole -20% due to that)
- Thus your gear has to compensate these debuffs in order to farm properly.
• Raiding the dungeon and its bosses
- To be honest I never farmed the T0.5 dungeon because it felt not really rewarding, not as rewarding than T0 Derinkuyu.
However in Or'Ac Basin you can drop legendary skulls and more souls!
- First here is a good guide on how the dungeon works including spawn locations: http://forums.synergiesmod.com/index.php?topic=5541.0
- Here you can see what gear you can get from the bosses (scroll down to T0.5 Sets): http://forums.synergiesmod.com/index.php?topic=5234.0
- This is the perfect list of legendary skulls you can drop including location: http://forums.synergiesmod.com/index.php?topic=4909.0T1/1.5 DARKNESSFALLS & the debuff
• "Overestimation of one's own capabilities"
- "If I can even survive some giant troll hits this darknessfalls dungeon won't be that hard. Let's do it!!"
STAHP. Don't make the mistake by just rushing in and having no clue that these mobs will beat the crap out of you. Literally!
• The debuff ...
- Your worst nightmare. Under your minimap on the right top corner you can see a blue dice symbol. Scrolling over it will show you what the debuff does to this dungeon:
- Chance to Block reduced by 30%
- Critical Hit Chance reduced by 30%
- Critical Hit Damage reduced by 60%
- All Damage dealt is reduced by 30%
- All Damage taken is increased by 55%
- Dodge Chance is reduced by 30%
- HP is reduced by 7000 (if you have 6999hp and enter the dungeon you will die immediately)
- Chance to reflect Missiles is reduced by 40%
- This means your gear needs to compensate these debuffs once more! I will list most important stats you should be able to reach in order to farm T1/1.5 dungeon:
~ 75% Damage Reduction IN Darknesfalls
~ 60%+ Dodge Chance IN Darknesfalls
~ high Block or Parry Chance IN Darknesfalls
~ 28.000+ HP IN Darknesfalls
~ 60%+ Chance to reflect Missiles IN Darknesfalls
(Info: "reflect missile" will prevent the damage!)
~ +20% to all sort of damage IN Darknesfalls
• Raiding the dungeon and its bosses
There are commando champions located all over the map that can drop every mythical T1 item from boss chests
and souls (they spawn trash mobs).
The bosses are located at several spots. I couldn't find a link to a proper map yet, but they are easy to figure out by following the questline you can accept at the entrance.
Each boss encounter can provide 2(!) chests after beating the boss. The boss chest
upon killing the boss and the challenge chest
upon completing the "Challenge Task".
- Since patch 1213 it seems to happen that you can only reset T1 map by "rerolling" the world by creating LAN games instead of singleplayer (or restarting TL2).
Usually the map resets itself after a few boss encounters or leaving the dungeon and rejoining it. Needs some proper testing and maybe a change in the next patch.
- This list gives you information where the mythical
items of your favour can drop: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dW8PTu3ax8ebsJYnC5bmHmQrDdLtbiwF40k_y5N4D8A/edit#gid=432495281
- This guide gives you information about the crafting and enchanting of mythical
- Here you can see what challenge you have to complete to get the challenge chest
• Still questions?
- Use this sub-forum for searching and asking specific questions about the T1 dungeons: http://forums.synergiesmod.com/index.php?board=83.0
Hopefully this guide helps you out starting your end game journey in this awesome Hack'n'Slash! Keep up your motivation by reaching small goals and as always: Have fun!
Greetings from a Sir
Edit 13.02.15: Resetting T1 map information added.
Edit 25.02.15: T0.5 Or'Ak Basin dungeon debuff information added.
Sub-forum links for T0 and T1 raids added.