Author Topic: Outlander and Berzerker build?  (Read 4459 times)

mjh410

Outlander and Berzerker build?
« on: February 17, 2015, 01:53:01 AM »
How well could this build work in Synergies? I know that both are designed for the regular Torchlight elite, non synergies, but how well could they work here?

http://forums.runicgames.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=46475

I have been wanting to try this build, but I haven't seen much other than Glaive Throw or Shattering Glaive for Synergies. I like that this build seems to have several active skills for different situations and not just spamming one attack. I'm sure I'd be spamming Chaos Burst a lot, but again it seems like it has a lot of other useful active skills.

In fact the Berzerker build here does also. So how would either of these possibly fair in Synergies Elite?

http://forums.runicgames.com/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=40136

Also I should note that I'm not necessarily looking for the best DPS, but something that is possible to play through the game and hold it's own in end game content. I like outlander as a gun wielding character, not a dual wielding claw or wand character. Same for Berzerker, that character should be using dual 1h weapons of some sort.

I'm considering a Ranger build as well, but that one also seems to be pretty much just spamming thorns with lots of buff skills. I am looking for something with a bit more depth.

Miothan

• Bring in the dead, for the living has no use!
Re: Outlander and Berzerker build?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2015, 02:15:17 AM »
In Synergies there are Respec potions, so you can go with whatever build you want and then respec your character once you hit level 100 (or before that if you want too, they cost 1200 gold)

All of the abilities works while leveling, it is only when you hit level 100 and want to do raids that some abilities performs like trash compared to others, so what is it you want to do?
What was once dead, can be made into servants of death and destruction. Feast on the innocent, slaughter the weak and punish those who would stand in your way!

mjh410

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2015, 07:37:47 PM »
I want to play through the game on elite difficulty and then go into Synergy specific content, raiding I guess you call it.

mjh410

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2015, 09:03:41 PM »
I think I have come up with a combination of the posted Berzerker Ravager build and a Wolfpack build.

http://ralrom.github.io/tl2-calculator/?class=berserker&points=0e00f0f1b10100100f1bf00000f0f1

So the plan is to go strength and focus. Focus as high as needed to obtain 100% execute chance with Executioner skill and gear bonuses. Auto attack execute with mana steal to replenish mana for Ravage and Wolfpack. Don't need Storm Hatchet as I have 100% execute so 2 maybe 3 auto attacks and I'll be back up full of mana and charge.

Shouldn't need any Dexterity as I crit 100% in Frenzy. Maybe a little for dodge but I think any Dex needed benefits can come from gear.

Only one point in Blood Hunger because while using Ravage you hit every target within 5 meters 3 times and in Frenzy all those will be crits and will get 5% heal per critical strike. Shadow Burst as a backup heal and escape tool.

Rage Retaliation at 11 allows for 0 time between attacks so every 1 second each enemy attacking me I get a free attack of 120% weapon DPS.

Stormclaw is used before access to Ravage.

Howl could be sacrificed for more in Red Wolf or Ice Shield.

Let me know what you think. Also note that that build calculator only allows for 132 skill points rather than 150 in Synergies.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 09:06:07 PM by mjh410 »

Miothan

• Bring in the dead, for the living has no use!
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2015, 11:50:15 PM »
For the Berserker i would advice you NOT to use "Rage Retaliation" it SOUNDS really good, but the damage you deal is REALLY low and it does not go off as often as you would like to make it worth any skill-points at all.

I have done some big sample testings on Rage Retaliation to determine myself it if was worth 15 points or not, vs. all T1 bosses and it was clearly not worth it when i tested it, and no change has been made since then, so its still the same: Not worth any points.

I have made some testings of StormClaw as well with 15 points, it is a rather useless skill for level 100 stuff.

For a Level 100 Build:

You actually WANT 15 in Red Wolf as that can proc every 0.1 second it seems, so adds a lot of damage (Works vs. Single Target as well, awesome skill)
You WANT 15 Points in Battle Standard, adds +40% Dodge and some mana regeneration at 15 points.
You want 15 points in Blood Hunger as it procs even from Wolfpack, and it also procs from Shadowburst.
You want 15 points in Howl (Increases damage taken by a LOT, definitely worth 15 points)

At level 100, you dont die from small hits, its always big hits that kills you, so to minimize the risk of death you want 15 points in Blood Hunger so you can use Shadow Burst to heal up right away after you take a 20k hit to the face.

If you want to do Darkness Falls bosses (T1/T1.5 items), i advice you to get 200 Vitality (Vitality is better than pure HP in Darkness Falls when you get the Mythical Skulls that adds vitality etc), Vitality has an upscaling curve, so each point is worth more HP, starts out at 10 per point and ends somewhere around 27-28 per point near 1000.
What was once dead, can be made into servants of death and destruction. Feast on the innocent, slaughter the weak and punish those who would stand in your way!

Sevzzen

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2015, 05:33:58 PM »
http://ralrom.github.io/tl2-calculator/?class=berserker&points=0f00f00f0100f0f00a000f010f00f0

I'm currently using this storm hatchet build atm, use a 2 hander and spec  into strength/vitality no need for dex since you will almost max out charge bar instantly with a beefy 2 hander