Author Topic: End-Game Wolf Pack Berserker Build  (Read 14243 times)

Vandenreich

End-Game Wolf Pack Berserker Build
« on: February 23, 2015, 03:48:56 AM »
Berserker has always been my favourite class to play since i first started the game years ago.
Since there isn't many guide or build about berserker in this forum, i thought that it wil be nice if i started one. :D
This is a guide to all wolf pack fans

Why wolf pack?
Just imagine a pack of wolves hunting for their prey at your command. Muahahahahaha~  :P

Skill Allocation:
Hunter Skills Tree
15 Howl (Makes the mob weaker and more vulnerable to your wolves)
15 Battle Rage (Additional damages to enemies and damage reduction taken towards you)
15 Blood Hunger (Heals 12% of your maximum hp everytime you crit. More survivability)
9 Rampage (Faster casting speed, movement speed and attacking speed.. Why not?)

Tundra Skills Tree
5 Ice Shield
15 Cold Steel Mastery (Even more addtional damage to your wolf pack)
1 Shatter Storm (Chance to freeze boss/mobs and vulnerable to ice damage)

Shadow Skills Tree
15 Shadow Burst (Emergency survial skill?)
15 Battle Standard (Increase dodge chance, knockback resistance & replenish mana)
15 Wolf Pack (Main DPS skill. Pack of wolves at your command)
15 Shred Armor (Makes enemies vulnerable to your attacks and make yourself tankier)
15 Red Wolf (Addition damage to enemies close to you)

Stats Allocation:
300 Strength
60 Dexterity
50 Focus
125 Vitality
These are my base stats at level 100.

Equipment,Enchants & Socketables:
Full Tier 1 Aftermath Residual Set

Info on Mythical items, Skulls, Special Enchants, souls and Soul Stones: http://forums.synergiesmod.com/index.php?topic=5531.0
Pictures of T1 Mythical Skulls: http://forums.synergiesmod.com/index.php?topic=4984.0
Mythical set droplist: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dW8PTu3ax8ebsJYnC5bmHmQrDdLtbiwF40k_y5N4D8A/edit#gid=432495281

Spells:
Player
Dual Wielding VI
Armor Expertise VI
Willpower VI
Concentration VI

Pets
Heal All VI
Silence VI
Frost VI (Chance to freeze enemies)
Summon Skeletons Or any other spells you prefer

Play Style:
Cast Battle Rage, battle standard, Howl at enemies and spam wolf pack.. Profit!

Raid maps debuff info:
In Or'ak Passage/Or'ak Basin (T0.5)you are debuffed by: -4000 Health, -45% Damage Reduction, -20% Block and Dodge chance, -40% Crit Damage, -20% Crit chance, -20% Elemental and Physical damage and -20% Missile Reflection (Takes into account the Diminishing Return curve, so will not be a whole -20% due to that)

In Darkness Falls (T1)you are debuffed by: -7000 Health,  -55% Damage Reduction, -30% Block and Dodge chance, -60% Crit Damage, -30% Crit chance,  -30% Elemental and Physical damage, -40% Missile Reflection (Takes into account the Diminishing Return curve, so will not be a whole -40% due to that)
Syrel'Khan: Same debuffs as the rest of T1 except for the Missile reflection, which is -60% Missile Reflection in the Netherlord's realm.

Please fill free to comment on what changes can be made to make this build stronger or so and i hope you can enjoy playing berserker.
Sorry for my bad english or any mistakes i have made. Credits to those i have taken info from, have fun! ;D
« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 03:50:50 AM by Vandenreich »

leeny1122

Re: End-Game Wolf Pack Berserker Build
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2015, 01:31:01 PM »
First, let me say thank you to Salan and everyone else who has made the Synergies Mod so much fun to play!  Secondly, thank you to Vandereich for making this build!  It, too, is so much fun to play.  I do have some questions though.  I've followed the build to the letter.  It's the gear I'm unsure about.  I just got my 10th piece of the Assassin set and am using the Assassin set weapons.  All pieces of my armor are soulcrafted with the damage reduction and health bonuses.  The skulls I'm using in the armor are the skulls of Limoany and Riechliu.  I've got 75% DR in Darkness Falls when I check my stats at the waypoint portal, but am having trouble getting all the other stats up to par like Dodge Chance, HP and chance to Reflect Missiles.  The main trouble I'm having is living at all in Darkness Falls.  I can barely get past the waypoint.  Do you have any gear suggestions for farming Darkness Falls prior to acquiring the Aftermath set?  What should my weapons be socketed with and what enchants should I have on them?  I'm going with ice on the right hand and just stopped by the master enchanter for the offhand.  I have one skull of Vastok for attack speed I stuck in it, too.  Maybe I just need to fight better!  That could be the case.  Anyhow, thanks again and any help at all is appreciated!

okami29

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2015, 04:14:57 AM »
On the screens we can see that you only have one socket in your myhtical items but I saw a video of a min/max Berserker Synergies on youtube that had 4 spckets on each items, what is the max number of sockets per mythical items (armor and weapons) on the latest version of synergies ?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3wvmmWJaCY

Is bone spike triggered from Aftermath bone axe better than glacial spike, is it also AoE ?
It seems that there is also a sword in the Aftermath set and another Axe compatible with this set wich are the better weapons ?
Thank you

Miothan

• Bring in the dead, for the living has no use!
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2015, 04:50:48 AM »
On the screens we can see that you only have one socket in your myhtical items but I saw a video of a min/max Berserker Synergies on youtube that had 4 spckets on each items, what is the max number of sockets per mythical items (armor and weapons) on the latest version of synergies ?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3wvmmWJaCY

Is bone spike triggered from Aftermath bone axe better than glacial spike, is it also AoE ?
It seems that there is also a sword in the Aftermath set and another Axe compatible with this set wich are the better weapons ?
Thank you

There are 2 Aftermath Sets, the Residual and the Reactive, for the berserker the Residual aftermath set is the best set, the guy in the video is using another mod which makes it possible to socket any item 4 times, it is not possible in synergies because it would break the balance of the game and would make it VERY easy to faceroll everything if you could have 4 sockets in items.

Bone Spike is from Residual Aftermath Bone Axe and triggers from autohits and Wolf Pack , it is much better than glacial spike, and its not really "AoE" it just hits everything in its path.

In Synergies you can only have 1 socket in T1/T1.5 Armor/Trinkets and 2 Sockets in Weapons/Shields. If you see anyone with more than that, it means they use other mods to add more sockets.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 04:58:54 AM by Miothan »
What was once dead, can be made into servants of death and destruction. Feast on the innocent, slaughter the weak and punish those who would stand in your way!

okami29

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2015, 05:02:00 AM »
Thank you Miothan, I am actually making a berserker build in Synergies (while waiting for the Paladin rework).
Is wolf pack more powerful than ravage build  because it seems that against single target Ravage build is better is you are close to the target but when far away if the 7 wolf hits the enemy wolf pack seems to make better DPS, am I right ?
Moreover each wolf can trigger the procs, so you must trigger faster procs (hard to tell).
I really liked the Wolf pack+glacial pack combo I hope there will be future mythical items with glacial spike (I think I saw a recipe for a claw with 15% chance to cast glacial spike) but I will need to test this axe with the bone spike proc.

So each mythical item can have only one or two socket (with the enchanter ?) armor and weapon, right ?

Miothan

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2015, 06:37:46 AM »
Thank you Miothan, I am actually making a berserker build in Synergies (while waiting for the Paladin rework).
Is wolf pack more powerful than ravage build  because it seems that against single target Ravage build is better is you are close to the target but when far away if the 7 wolf hits the enemy wolf pack seems to make better DPS, am I right ?
Moreover each wolf can trigger the procs, so you must trigger faster procs (hard to tell).
I really liked the Wolf pack+glacial pack combo I hope there will be future mythical items with glacial spike (I think I saw a recipe for a claw with 15% chance to cast glacial spike) but I will need to test this axe with the bone spike proc.

So each mythical item can have only one or two socket (with the enchanter ?) armor and weapon, right ?

Wolf Pack is more powerful than ravage since each wolf can crit. Glacial spike does VERY low damage compared to Bone Spike, and glacial spike damage scales from %elemental/%magical damage, so as a berserker you dont want to use it, at least if you are using the aftermath set.

Every T1 and T1.5 item can only have 1 socket, or 2 sockets if it is a weapon or a shield, they have that many sockets when they drop, you can not increase the number of sockets on any T1 or T1.5 item.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 06:41:23 AM by Miothan »
What was once dead, can be made into servants of death and destruction. Feast on the innocent, slaughter the weak and punish those who would stand in your way!

Reeses007

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2015, 01:06:30 PM »
My question is how were you able to get such perfect enchants on items? Did you just roll/re-roll enchants until they were finally perfect? Seems extremely tedious to get those! Or is there something I'm missing?

Miothan

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2015, 09:54:08 PM »
My question is how were you able to get such perfect enchants on items? Did you just roll/re-roll enchants until they were finally perfect? Seems extremely tedious to get those! Or is there something I'm missing?

For T1/T1.5 items you use special enchants, which has set values, which is why he has the same values on most item. The only random enchant is for the weapons since you cant use special enchants on weapons, so either he was lucky, or he used a mod which gives you the max value on each enchant.

dreynar

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2015, 07:37:07 PM »
Im using something extremely similar and would like to know your armor statistics(physical and all types) plus your health in DF.Mine is curently at 11661 physical with 3782 each elemental and 31505 health.My main concern is survival,namely some of rakvar's atacks just obliterate my character in like 2 hits when he is in human form;other than that most boses i can just facetank ocasionaly killing myself with a boss reflect^^.
Some other stats:
strengh-81(312)
dex-15(270)
focus-5(45)
vitality-451(940)
crit chance-97%
dual wield-305%
ice dmg-234%
physical dmg-174%
crit dmg-486%
cast speed-87%(with dervish 6)
« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 07:39:26 PM by dreynar »

Miothan

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2015, 09:34:25 AM »
Im using something extremely similar and would like to know your armor statistics(physical and all types) plus your health in DF.Mine is curently at 11661 physical with 3782 each elemental and 31505 health.My main concern is survival,namely some of rakvar's atacks just obliterate my character in like 2 hits when he is in human form;other than that most boses i can just facetank ocasionaly killing myself with a boss reflect^^.
Some other stats:
strengh-81(312)
dex-15(270)
focus-5(45)
vitality-451(940)
crit chance-97%
dual wield-305%
ice dmg-234%
physical dmg-174%
crit dmg-486%
cast speed-87%(with dervish 6)

Cast speed is not all that important since you do not have a mana pool to support it, attack speed is very important as it will allow you to refil your health almost instantly if you go low and attack speed also increases damage of all %DPS bilities (which is quite strange but it does). Not sure how you manage to die to boss reflect, dont think that has happened a single time on my own berserker (except for the occasional rare spawnning mob that spawns with a 100% reflect shield which is a bug and doesnt happen often anyway).

Anyway, get attack speed and when you notice you lose a large chunk of your health just autoattack, Berserker is one of the few that does great autoattack damage,so you are not losing out on much when you autoattack, and you also refil your mana when you autoattack so attack speed is the best stat for the berserker once you have all the items you need. Also increase your health to about 35k, that should help.

I assume you have 75% dodge and 75% DR after debuffs, without 75% dodge and DR you are going to die often.

dreynar

« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2015, 11:12:57 AM »
i replaced  my cast speed with attack  speed and just smacking rakvar seems safer now for me as to the reflects killing me i'm almost 99% sure its the bone spike proc that does it,some of them reflected back at me my ice shield reflects away but if the boss gets too close and i continue with wolfpack the odds of a reflect hiting me fully or even several reflects goes up alot .
 As for the mana regen never had issues since i spam rejuv pot after rejuv pot.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2015, 11:14:50 AM by dreynar »

Miothan

« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2015, 10:42:07 AM »
i replaced  my cast speed with attack  speed and just smacking rakvar seems safer now for me as to the reflects killing me i'm almost 99% sure its the bone spike proc that does it,some of them reflected back at me my ice shield reflects away but if the boss gets too close and i continue with wolfpack the odds of a reflect hiting me fully or even several reflects goes up alot .
 As for the mana regen never had issues since i spam rejuv pot after rejuv pot.

Rejuv pots are retarded, cant wait for Salan to remove them so ppl wont be able to cheese encounters not to mention skip regen needs.

He removed the Synergiers Rejuv pot because it was to strong a few months ago but stil left the regular in the game, but since they can be crafted infinitely it didnt really do much.

arobi

« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2015, 12:17:32 PM »
Since there is no need for auto-attacks with a wolfpack build (when using storm hatchet to proc the charge), is the residual aftermath really the best set over the Savage Draconic set? The SD set seems to have much better damage than the RA set and more parry. I believe the health steal doesn't work with skills, including wolfpack right? It seems that using RA assumes that you will use auto-attacks to build the charge instead of storm hatchet. But a single storm hatchet can proc the charge, so I don't see the need for auto-attacking.

Thoughts? Am I missing something that RA gives that SD does not?

Miothan

« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2015, 12:29:47 PM »
Since there is no need for auto-attacks with a wolfpack build (when using storm hatchet to proc the charge), is the residual aftermath really the best set over the Savage Draconic set? The SD set seems to have much better damage than the RA set and more parry. I believe the health steal doesn't work with skills, including wolfpack right? It seems that using RA assumes that you will use auto-attacks to build the charge instead of storm hatchet. But a single storm hatchet can proc the charge, so I don't see the need for auto-attacking.

You can read this post, i explained why Residual Aftermath is better than Savage Draconic: http://forums.synergiesmod.com/index.php?topic=5521.msg42217#msg42217

Can also read this post where i compare viable sets for the Engineer, but has pretty much the same points for a Berserker: http://forums.synergiesmod.com/index.php?topic=5762.msg43456#msg43456

If you compare the combat style of the 2 sets you also notice that Residual Aftermath comes out on top:

Residual Aftermath tactic: Run to boss- Melee until charge Active- Use Wolfpack. Do that until boss is dead, and if you get hit by anything, switch to melee the boss for 1-2 seconds and you have full Health.

Savage Draconic: tactic: Storm Hatchet for charge- Use Wolfpack. Do that until boss is dead, if you get hit use Shadow charge, potion and passive health regen to regenerate Health.

Having to use Shadow Charge = BIG dps loss while Residual Aftermaths Autoattacks does EXCELLENT damage, so not only do you get more damage and more survivability, but you also loosen up skill-points to be put in better options than Storm Hatchet.

Residual Aftermath is also easier to progress your gear with once you get at least 1 Bone Axe so you can life leech.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 01:12:20 PM by Miothan »

arobi

« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2015, 12:58:35 PM »

You can read this post, i explained why Residual Aftermath is better than Savage Draconic: http://forums.synergiesmod.com/index.php?topic=5521.msg42217#msg42217

Can also read this post where i compare viable sets for the Engineer, but has pretty much the same points for a Berserker: http://forums.synergiesmod.com/index.php?topic=5762.msg43456#msg43456

If you compare the combat style of the 2 sets you also notice that Residual Aftermath comes out on top:

Residual Aftermath tactic: Run to boss- Melee until charge Active- Use Wolfpack. Do that until boss is dead, and if you get hit by anything, switch to melee the boss for 1-2 seconds and you have full Health.

Savage Draconic: tactic: Storm Hatchet for charge- Use Wolfpack. Do that until boss is dead, if you get hit use Shadow charge, potion and passive health regen to regenerate Health.

Having to use Shadow Charge = BIG dps loss while Residual Aftermaths Autoattacks does EXCELLENT damage, so not only do you get more damage and more survivability, but you also loosen up skill-points to be put in better options than Storm Hatchet.

Dang Miothan that was a fast response!

Interesting tactic change not using storm hatchet. Using the Adamant set I can see how the Shadow charge gets old to charge health (I also noticed that I get queued skill deaths where my wolfpacks keep being cast and the charge doesn't fire right away). I also noticed that charge is unreliable (sometimes missing the opponent, so no heal). It would also have the advantage of 1 skill point in the charge vs 15 as the healing would not be needed, freeing up skill points for other skills. And as you said, no points in storm hatchet needed at all.

Thanks for that input, really appreciate it. It is when you actually play these builds that what looks good on paper may not add up.