Author Topic: Is there a guide to state boss difficulty in DK.  (Read 2349 times)

Thatmg7

Is there a guide to state boss difficulty in DK.
« on: February 25, 2015, 12:41:45 PM »
e.g. easiest boss to kill to hardest boss

Would be helpful for new players and people still at tier 0.

I know the fairly common sense

Easiest
?

Medium
The Beast (been farming a lot so i know he is fairly easy)

Hardest
The Dragon Riders

How would like some kind of ranking system.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 12:45:26 PM by Thatmg7 »

Neles

Re: Is there a guide to state boss difficulty in DK.
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2015, 02:54:16 PM »
It is a bit personal and depending on build.

The easiest bosses for me when i was farming T0: (Random Order)

- Sherock
- Galkor
- The Beast
- Golsmag
- Korvaxx (just need to separate them)
- Varrkk

Those can be effectively farmed as they should reset after you complete the round.  i'd skip The Fairy Queen as she can do a lot of dmg.

Most bosses are good to do. I found Kite the hardest of them all. If you need help feel free to add me on steam :) I usually have an internet game open and can help you farm T0 :)

Thatmg7

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2015, 03:02:53 PM »
Thx for the post I understand largely dependant on build.

I can facetank Korvaxx among many others its the dots that only hurt me.

I'm kinda lacking dps though (engi isn't high dps with my current set up) so was wondering what the fastest boss is.

I'm just randomly running round collecting sets at this point in time.

Farming Soul Stones and Angel Stones to upgrade my adamant set to 2x soulbound prior upgrading (i'm using it as well).

thx for the help offer but I'm fine (abusing dat Lan Re-Roll and casual difficulty on a veteran character)
« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 03:06:09 PM by Thatmg7 »

Miothan

• Bring in the dead, for the living has no use!
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2015, 02:25:29 AM »
I dont think anyone has bothered to make a DK guide on what boss is the easiest to hardest simply because they are quite easy to kill all of them once you get some gear, dont need perfect gear, just ~15-20k HP and 75% DR and they should all be easy to survive and kill (depends on what your build is i guess, cant expect stuff to be esily killable if you use crap abilities)
« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 04:27:14 AM by Miothan »
What was once dead, can be made into servants of death and destruction. Feast on the innocent, slaughter the weak and punish those who would stand in your way!

Thatmg7

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2015, 10:30:36 AM »
I found selrock is actually really hard for me due to the add DOTS.

Its prob the issue is you can't get a definitive answer due to classes and builds vary greatly.

I was just thinking of a loose guide stating easy to hard.

While the context is easy with gear I just wanted to rank them. as im currently farming tier 0 heavily for items.

An thought it be a good guide.

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2015, 03:37:20 AM »
DK use to be a lot harder .. pout.. I nerfed it when DF started rolling out in order for those who hadn't mastered it to catch up and enjoy the true challenge!
People motivate themselves, and are inspired by others.
--- I love making FUN encounters, the ones that make you scream with terror, and remember them forever! ---
**more awesome then an awesome possum**

Thatmg7

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2015, 07:41:06 AM »
I was just wondering form a min max standpoint if there is an easy boss that takes damage you could continue to re-roll it to progress faster. however its massively dependant on class and gear a 100% list isn't just viable.

Not to mention but farming on Lan Casual re-rolled worlds on a veteran/elite character also helps.

Miothan

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2015, 06:25:01 PM »
Upon trying to complete all encounters on Hardcore i have noticed that Salan added debuffs to some of the T0 bosses that they did not have before, thus making them WAY overtuned.

So when he changed them to be level 115 he also seems to have either increase the debuffs effect or aded new ones that were not there before, which makes them way harder.

Most bosses in Derinkuyu are just bosses you can kill easily by either nuking them and facetank or just kite them slowly like Golsmag (he does have high dmg so i always kite him if its on a character with low gear).

Most difficult ones are:

Kite: Most difficult boss in Derinkuyu, has 5 debuffs that wrecks face and actually debuffs your character harder than the Darkness Falls zone Debuff (that alone should tell you how broken he is)

Kane: Has a debuff for -15-35% Damage reduction and Block, seems to only debuff you by 15% if you manage to "block" the debuff, which is strange. 2nd hardest Boss in Derinkuyu simply because hes on your ass 24/7 same as Kite and they both have high movespeed, so keeping out of range is almost impossible, especially since they have -movespeed debuffs on you.

It is quite strange since the other 3 Dragon Riders are much more balanced and Mandark for example is the easiest shit ever, he does NOTHING, while Laeroth requires you to move out of ground AoE to survive. Tarnitha is in my opinion the most balanced boss in Derinkuyu for T0 as she has a moderate debuff (Howl from her summonable pet) and does decent damage to your character (But not enough to rape you in seconds like Kite, and to some extent Kane) and her pets also doesnt SPAM the debuffs like Kite and Kane does, you will almost never be without the Damage reduction debuffs vs. Kite and Kane since they recast it so often.

I find it very strange that there are -damage reduction debuffs in Derinkuyu since it is the first raid and should be a means to get prepared for Darkness Falls.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2015, 06:27:47 PM by Miothan »
What was once dead, can be made into servants of death and destruction. Feast on the innocent, slaughter the weak and punish those who would stand in your way!

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2015, 01:27:44 AM »
Actually they always had those debuffs, might have just become way harder because of the level change.
People motivate themselves, and are inspired by others.
--- I love making FUN encounters, the ones that make you scream with terror, and remember them forever! ---
**more awesome then an awesome possum**

Miothan

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2015, 06:35:19 AM »
Actually they always had those debuffs, might have just become way harder because of the level change.

Are you sure they always had them? i dont recall seeing ANY of those debuff icons on my characters when i was doing Kite way way back when i was collecting my T0 sets.

Anyway, its clear that those debuffs are now overtuned, probably due to the level gain when you made all bosses in Derinkuyu lvl 115.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2015, 06:43:30 AM by Miothan »