Author Topic: I got a Potion of Greater Statistics Drop  (Read 2208 times)

Thatmg7

I got a Potion of Greater Statistics Drop
« on: March 01, 2015, 08:10:30 AM »
Found it from Zicarax who i tend to just call him that red guy  8)

Miothan

• Bring in the dead, for the living has no use!
Re: I got a Potion of Greater Statistics Drop
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2015, 02:40:35 PM »
Found it from Zicarax who i tend to just call him that red guy  8)

Tbh, i think they should be removed, i can easily farm about 1 potion per 1,5 hours, if someone would want to make their character more powerful after they best T1, the best way is to get these potions from DK, which you can farm really easy with T1 gear (Bosses die in seconds)

I already have about 70 maybe 80 more stats than my other charaters on my Warlock since i farmed DK for a moderate amount of time with him, if i had continued i think i would have about 500 more stats, maybe more (depending on how much i would play, but at least 500).

Permanent statpoints is also better than gear, they are permanent and wont go away. And reducing the drop-rate wouldnt solve it really, i mean, would still be fun to see one of those potions once in a while, but id say get rid of them all together so we wont have characters that are blatantly overpowered for any future content due to farming DK over and over again.
What was once dead, can be made into servants of death and destruction. Feast on the innocent, slaughter the weak and punish those who would stand in your way!

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2015, 03:09:20 PM »
hmm they have like a .5 % chance to drop, you really get that many?!

damn.. will look into making the drop chance harder
People motivate themselves, and are inspired by others.
--- I love making FUN encounters, the ones that make you scream with terror, and remember them forever! ---
**more awesome then an awesome possum**

Miothan

• Bring in the dead, for the living has no use!
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2015, 03:11:17 PM »
hmm they have like a .5 % chance to drop, you really get that many?!

damn.. will look into making the drop chance harder

Last time i went for a real DK farm (after i lost my stash, QQ) i seemed to get them that often on my Warlock yes (About 1 potion every 1,5-2 hours when spam killing bosses), why not just remove them? a player that spends an obscene amount of time in DK would still be able to get much more free stats and largely make future bosses trivial matters due to that.
What was once dead, can be made into servants of death and destruction. Feast on the innocent, slaughter the weak and punish those who would stand in your way!

Thatmg7

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2015, 04:33:28 PM »
i don't think they need a nerf. i'm just lucky and Definitely do NOT need to be removed.

.5% is fine (if thats a guess :p)

If someone wants to spend the time to farm up massive stats using potions let them.

Also note you might be forgetting magic bonus drop rate fix/bonus unsure if that makes them more likely or anything.

It falls under the if you farm these and you collect a lot of them you will break the game so its up to you to use these potions responsibly and understand their power.

So people who want/like them in the game can have them

then people who don't want to farm them don't need to.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2015, 04:40:28 PM by Thatmg7 »

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2015, 06:04:16 PM »
I'm not removing them, they are there for intention of allowing the player to level PAST their level, without leveling.

They are rare, I have only ever found 2 myself.

I will check to make sure the drop chance continues to be low but that is about it.
--- I love making FUN encounters, the ones that make you scream with terror, and remember them forever! ---

davood

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2015, 03:29:22 PM »
why not add more levels :)

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2015, 04:02:57 AM »
Balance.

Keep the player at a specific level I can control everything, your damage graphs and hitpoint graphs don't change.

let you level up and then all your subsequent graphs alter with you, and monsters need to be altered.  Right now I have it scaling like WOW did kinda.  You hit max level, then you level your gear, and now with raid debuffs I make it where you need to upgrading gear in order to compete with the next level.