Author Topic: Leveling path/route/etc.  (Read 4496 times)

plki21

Leveling path/route/etc.
« on: March 08, 2015, 07:29:16 AM »
Does the main storyline give a lot of exp/gear? I've just been doing Realm of Discord runs because I need more items/gold.
I just got enough gold to buy the Xtro Claws and I'm using Dwarfking set, the two combined seem to give me a lot of life steal/life on hit, not sure if that's what I should be going for as a melee outlander.

Any tips on leveling/gearing would be great :)
I'm running with the wolfpack outlander build *i put 5 points into shadowburst for the extra healing* on normal mode.
I simply cant handle the intensity on any higher difficulty, I die too fast too often if I play on any higher difficulty.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 07:33:48 AM by plki21 »

Miothan

• Bring in the dead, for the living has no use!
Re: Leveling path/route/etc.
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2015, 09:31:38 AM »
Your post is a bit confusing, it seems you are playing a Berserker i assume?

For leveling any class, last time i compared exp/h, Clockwork Castle was the fastest way to get from ~20-100  once you have leveld up a bit so you can deal a decent amount of damage( May have to use Table Mountain vendor sometimes to fill in holes in your gear to keep up if you dont get good drops). Just get a lot of Mana Potions and spam Wolfpack and you should kill stuff rather fast if you deal decent damage =)

I would advice you to go for gear that has +health, +Damage reduction(Most important stat you can find while lvling), +dodge chance, and then just +damage or pure +stats.
What was once dead, can be made into servants of death and destruction. Feast on the innocent, slaughter the weak and punish those who would stand in your way!

plki21

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2015, 09:42:34 AM »
Your post is a bit confusing, it seems you are playing a Berserker i assume?

For leveling any class, last time i compared exp/h, Clockwork Castle was the fastest way to get from ~20-100  once you have leveld up a bit so you can deal a decent amount of damage( May have to use Table Mountain vendor sometimes to fill in holes in your gear to keep up if you dont get good drops). Just get a lot of Mana Potions and spam Wolfpack and you should kill stuff rather fast if you deal decent damage =)

I would advice you to go for gear that has +health, +Damage reduction(Most important stat you can find while lvling), +dodge chance, and then just +damage or pure +stats.

Yup I'm playing as a Berserker. I've yet to find any actual gear with +DR but I've got a lot of gear with +health but without DR I guess having too much health is kinda less efficient as well.

Guess I'll have to try Clockwork now then. Thanks for your tips :)

EDIT: by clockwork, do you mean buying maps from the Mapworks NPC?
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 09:57:43 AM by plki21 »

Miothan

• Bring in the dead, for the living has no use!
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2015, 11:12:57 AM »
If you go to Selrock you can buy a "Clockwork Citadel" Scroll from one of the NPC's there, the monsters that spawns will always be the same level as when you USED the scroll, so if you use the scroll at level 20, all monsters that spawns will be level 20, so you will have to re-create the game after some levels. You can reach Selrock from an NPc in Table Mountains, just click on him and he will give you an option of going to Selrock or not.

In Clockwork Castle only bosses spawn, so if you cant handle that in a timely fashion it might be better to level in RoD, but if you can handle it you will level up fast, easiest class to level in Clockwork Castle is the Necromancer using summons.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 11:15:49 AM by Miothan »
What was once dead, can be made into servants of death and destruction. Feast on the innocent, slaughter the weak and punish those who would stand in your way!

Varrocker93

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2016, 03:29:19 PM »
For any new people wondering about the current state of what Miothan recommended(I was, so I checked it out)The leveling speed in Clockwork Castle is great! I went from 65 to 80 in around two hours while dropping a decent amount of loot. Wolfpack Berserker performs wonderfully here and if you get overwhelmed/screen is full of loot you can always stop the waves and clear out the area before continuing or porting out to make space. For any gold needs just do the gold dungeon up to your level and then keep your homeward portal to the floor corresponding to your furthest progress, switching out between the two. Dump your gold in the Kel Vault and, as Miothan suggested, fill in any missing gear from Tabletop mountain vendors!

PrimetimeUTK

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2016, 03:41:44 PM »
Can't wait to keep leveling some more tonight. I've missed TL2!