Author Topic: Are there spells that proc any gem effects?  (Read 1442 times)

cookedpotatoes

Are there spells that proc any gem effects?
« on: March 15, 2015, 10:06:57 AM »
Hi! So I have a few gems and I'm just wondering if any of the walock's spells proc some of the gem effects. These are some of the ones I have:

x% chance to cast y spell from target

conveys x% chance to stun target for y seconds

conveys x damage over y seconds

Does elemental damage work with any spells? Either +x% elemental damage, +x elemental damage or if there are any others.

Thanks! :)

potterman28wxcv

Re: Are there spells that proc any gem effects?
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2015, 10:36:16 AM »
Almost all gem effects proc with %DPS spells

The exceptions being life and mana steal i think (these two only work on auto attacks and a couple of other spells, like the embermage's magma mace)

For the other spells (those that do DoT or flat damage), it does not proc any gem effect.

This is true for the vanilla classes, I do not know for the Warlock one though
« Last Edit: March 15, 2015, 10:38:33 AM by potterman28wxcv »

Miothan

• Bring in the dead, for the living has no use!
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2015, 12:13:33 PM »
All of the Warlocks spammable abilities (as far as i am aware) procs everything except for Life and mana Steal, which only Burning Blade does, so you can use those socketables and they will work with Mana Missiles, Burning Blade and Nether Spikes.

Q: Does elemental damage work with any spells? Either +x% elemental damage, +x elemental damage or if there are any others.?

A: No,  it depends what element the ability has, if an ability converts %Weapon DPS to poison, you can increase its damage with  +%magic damage(Focus) and/or +%poison damage. If an Ability does flat damage (meaning no %dmg) you can only increase its damage by increasing its elements damage i.e: 50,000 Poison damage over 5 seconds only increase its damage by +%magic damage (focus) and/or +%Poison damage.(+2000 Poison damage also increases its dmage, but not by as much, as that number is added at the end of the calculation, so will only ever be +2000 damage)

+%Magic Damage gives you +%damage to every element, so if you have +20% magic damage, you have 20% Ice, Fire, Electricity, Poison and Physical damage. (For some odd reason Physical is counted as an element, just not sure if it gets any increase from Magical damage from Focus, however, it does get increases from any +all damage you have, so it most definitely is counted as its own element)
« Last Edit: March 15, 2015, 12:16:06 PM by Miothan »
What was once dead, can be made into servants of death and destruction. Feast on the innocent, slaughter the weak and punish those who would stand in your way!

cookedpotatoes

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2015, 12:27:08 PM »
Hmm ok! Thanks for the quick answers! Another thing, which are the best gems for the warlock class? :3

Miothan

• Bring in the dead, for the living has no use!
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2015, 02:45:45 PM »
Hmm ok! Thanks for the quick answers! Another thing, which are the best gems for the warlock class? :3

That depends on what raids you are able to do and what gear you have.

Weapon Sockets:

For T0/T0.5 its most likely 2x Skull of Nalas (drops from one of the troll bosses). Before you get your hands on those tho, its 2x Skull of Zardon
For T1 with enough gear its 2x Rakvar's Talon

Armor/Trinket Sockets:

For T0/T0.5 it varies depending on what stats you want to increase, T0 and T0.5 bosses are not really hard and does not require much optimization to kill of easily. As long as you manage to have 75% Damage Reduction and 15k Health it should be easily doable both surviving and killing the bosses. The only socket for T0/T0.5 that you probably would like to absolutely get is: Salans Eternal Eye (+7% Damage Reduction) can easily be gotten through Vendor Boon Scrolls (Drops from trash mobs in Derinkuyu quite frequently)

For T1 it becomes a bit more optimized, where you want to squeeze as much stats out of a socket as possible,  so that would be a varying number of Bouncing Betty's, 1x Jal'kor's Bone Fragment and 1x Rakvar's Talon for the armor/trinket slot and 1 Barrak's Anger (With the BiS gear list for the Warlock, so it depends entirely if you go for that item setup or not, would recommend it tho as its the best items for the Warlock atm ^_^). Can obviously remove or add some other Sockets for T1, just listing what i use on my own BiS Warlock.

With Special Enchants for T1 gear you will be able to customize and optimize much better than with T0/T0.5 gear, it truly is much more open to customization which ends up being more fun :D

In T0 (Derinkuyu) You can get whatever normal skulls you need from the trash mobs, just farm that trash and you will see a lot of skulls drop, Salan made them drop skulls often so that players could get what they need easily.

For T0.5 skulls you can read these 2 posts:
http://forums.synergiesmod.com/index.php?topic=5541.0 <- Spawn Location info
http://forums.synergiesmod.com/index.php?topic=4909.0  <- Skulls Info

You can have a look at T1 skulls in this post:
http://forums.synergiesmod.com/index.php?topic=4984.msg39212#msg39211
« Last Edit: March 15, 2015, 04:33:36 PM by Miothan »
What was once dead, can be made into servants of death and destruction. Feast on the innocent, slaughter the weak and punish those who would stand in your way!