Author Topic: Mele Engineer bulid. Some help needed  (Read 1720 times)

Zuzu

Mele Engineer bulid. Some help needed
« on: March 23, 2015, 04:39:11 AM »
Hi

I just lvl my engi to 100. And im not shure how to build him. By far i was going for focus and vit (200 both) with some dex.
My offensive skills are Emberquake, Seismic slam and Fire bash.
For defensive a have Healing bot, Forcefield,
And passives: Aegis of Fate, Charge Reconstitution, Fire and Spark, Charge Domination
And 1 point in Onslaught for mobility.

I have some questions that I havend found answers in other post i checked.
So. How is Flame Hammer dmg (in str bulid ofc) compared to Emberquake? Is it worth couse of dmg or the healing from Charge Reconstitution posibility? How is mines dmg in late? Does anyone tried thoseand can compare to other?
I`ve seen bulwark maxed in a lot of bulids but is physical damage reduction that important? I`m not shure what to do with Healing bot and Forcefield. They seem to be weak now when I`m 100 but there aren`t really any othere defnsive skills.
Another question is does Supercharge works with skills?

Would be if someone could give me some answers couse i have no idea what to do with my engi. :)

lotloren

Re: Mele Engineer bulid. Some help needed
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2015, 08:36:25 AM »
First things first.Is either aegis of fate or forcefield, using the two of them is kinda useless.Onslaught should be on 5 points for the tier bonus.What weapon do you use?.If you are 2 handed then heavy lifting will do you nicely.
The question about flame hammer vs emberquake is old as the game it self but I personally have never seen someone in synergies use flame hammer.In vanilla they were comparable but as of now I think emberquake truly stands out as the more powerfull skill.You used the strenth specific build. So you'll need a decent crit chance(no more than 100 dex).Supercharge procs from flame hammer but not from emberquake as far as I know.Also fire and spark + flame hammer doesnt add damage to it since it is pure weapon dps while emberquake got the fire damage part.

Miothan

• Bring in the dead, for the living has no use!
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2015, 08:00:15 PM »
Emberquake is a superior ability compared to Flame hammer in Synergies.

SuperCharge can proc from Emberquake if you slam emberquake in the face of an enemy as that for some strange reason counts as a melee hit then.

Forcefield and Aegis is a great combo in Darkness Falls (T1) depending on your items, if you go for items with Parry you can reach up to 160k absorbs when Aegis procs, but for Derinkuyu it is rather "meh" but the Engineer does not have a lot of good abilities, so even for Derinkuyu i would recommend you to pick up both Forcefield and Aegis of Fate.

Physical damage reduction from the passive is of no importance, since you will need to get 75% Damage Reduction anyway (to everything) having for example 50% damage reduction to all the elements and 75% physical would end up with you dead. People pick up that passive mainly for the +%Physical armor and early physical damage reduction which helps a little in the start of the gearing up process, it gives Aegis of Fate higher absorb shields when it procs.

Mines on the Engineer has in my experience been bad damage, the best Engineer Ability is Emberquake, spam it all day long.

I would recommend you to get 15 in Immobalize copter as that works on bosses, and also 15 point in Onslaught, works on bosses as well, so a lot of -attack/cast speed on bosses, which is great, and the Heal bot doesnt just heal you, also gives you a small amount of physical armor, which is giving you bigger aegis of fate shields, tho in Derinkuyu (T0) Aegis of Fate procs wont be all that big, 13-20k shields i think.

Charge Reconstitution and Charge Domination are quite useless Abilites imo, you should drop them and use something else instead, dont forget the Synergies Health/Mana potions, just use them all the time (I have mines being autoused as a macro so i dont have to get cramp in my fingers after several hours of play), also drop Seismic slam and Fire Bash, they dont work on bosses and you do more AoE damage with Emberquake anyway, Seismic slam is good for trash mobs tho.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2015, 08:05:28 PM by Miothan »
What was once dead, can be made into servants of death and destruction. Feast on the innocent, slaughter the weak and punish those who would stand in your way!

Zuzu

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2015, 09:21:38 AM »
thanks

few more questions:
does Coup de Grace procs with emberquake? And is it wort in my bulid?
And how should i spend my stats? Focus or str? and how many vit? 200 or less?
Wouldnt it be good idea to take some mashines for help with dmg? Which one?

Rhythmier

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2015, 12:49:11 PM »
1)Coup de Grace does procs with emberquake, at least in vanila it does. Mostly in vanila it's worth 1 point of investment (since the skill
increased by 0.5 each level, and starts of with 3)

2) Focus or Str is totally depending on you. This has been debated over and over and over and over and soooo over in the vanila game that its almost amazing with all the graphs and figures they could figure out, just to prove their points. Bottom line is
     - Focus increases Magic attack and Mana (which Emberquake definitely benefits from, and more mana to spam)
     - Str increases damage of those skills that uses Weapon DPS% or Weapon Dmg% (which comparing to Flame Hammer, Emberquake is    more "magic" based) BUT Str also increases Crit Dmg (capped at 1000 Str with 400%, plus 50% based it would be 450% Crit Dmg Bonus)

So as you can see, its really up to you. Pump Focus and equip more Crit Dmg Sockets? (highest vanila weapon socket is 60%, Rambren skull or something...) Or Pump Str but less spam-able due to lower mana? Your Choice

As for Vit, Salan improves the stat compared to vanila. HP bonuses increases the more Vit you have, so I personally don't mind having more Vit, as you might have read , 75% all dmg reduction + 20K health is the basic survival in Synergies endgames (and yes, even with that mobs hurts like hell)

3) Immobalize copter and Heal Bot is a no brainer, max it with any build. Haven't got any experience with machines pet in Synergies endgame, but i doubt they can last long if i can't. This game has Respec Potion sold in vendors, so I suggest just go ahead and try it yourself!

Have fun raiding!

Miothan

• Bring in the dead, for the living has no use!
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2015, 01:06:44 AM »
thanks

few more questions:
does Coup de Grace procs with emberquake? And is it wort in my bulid?
And how should i spend my stats? Focus or str? and how many vit? 200 or less?
Wouldnt it be good idea to take some mashines for help with dmg? Which one?

DPS summons are useless for the Engineer, they do next to no damage.

Coup de Grace does not work on bosses, it is a rather useless ability since you dont really struggle on trash mobs (which it does work on).

Both Focus and STR increases damage to abilities that deals %Weapon DPS by 0.5% per point and in Darkness Falls (T1) you have enough good gear and special enchants to customize however you want, so it depends on what your "end-game" gear is going to be. If you are just going to be doing T0/T0.5 i would recommend going for Focus tho as that is more benefitial due to much less customization options available.

Can recommend the Residual Aftermath set for your engineer tho if you plan on doing Darkness Falls, will allow you to complete all challenge chests and have little to no trouble surviving.

For stats if you go for the Residual aftermath set i would recommend:

200 VIT
100-130 DEX
rest STR

Mana wont really be a problem since you can get a few +75 VIT/FOC, STR/FOC mythical skulls to get some max mana, and since Emberquake has 1 seconds cd you wont really need much regen to keep it up, mana potion and Concentration VI is enough, and if you are in really dire need of mana you can always autoattack with the Aftermath axes (which does about the same damage as Emberquake and leeches mana and health for you)
« Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 02:22:02 AM by Miothan »
What was once dead, can be made into servants of death and destruction. Feast on the innocent, slaughter the weak and punish those who would stand in your way!