Author Topic: "Ever" Growing horde?  (Read 3001 times)

Stikkychaos

"Ever" Growing horde?
« on: March 26, 2015, 04:16:47 PM »
So, a new guy here.
I've searched through this forum, but found no answer to my question.
I understand that the Horder spells are supposed to be screw-micro-WAAAGH kind of skill, but i have a doubt about something.

According to the description, you can summon an "Ever" growing horde of either zombies or skeletons. But, despite having skeleton summon spell on rank II already, I can summon only one skeleton, the counter grows (known bug) and there is only one skeleton I can summon - recasting the spell kills the current summon. Works the same for both skellingtons and zombies.

Is this supposed to work this way? Or is it a bug?
Is my dream of undead hordes folowing me never to be completed?

If that question was answered elsewhere and it escaped me, please link me to the post.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2015, 04:21:10 PM by Stikkychaos »

Miothan

• Bring in the dead, for the living has no use!
Re: "Ever" Growing horde?
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2015, 07:42:31 PM »
So, a new guy here.
I've searched through this forum, but found no answer to my question.
I understand that the Horder spells are supposed to be screw-micro-WAAAGH kind of skill, but i have a doubt about something.

According to the description, you can summon an "Ever" growing horde of either zombies or skeletons. But, despite having skeleton summon spell on rank II already, I can summon only one skeleton, the counter grows (known bug) and there is only one skeleton I can summon - recasting the spell kills the current summon. Works the same for both skellingtons and zombies.

Is this supposed to work this way? Or is it a bug?
Is my dream of undead hordes folowing me never to be completed?

If that question was answered elsewhere and it escaped me, please link me to the post.

The skeleon and Zombie summoning ability does not grow, you always summon the same amount of skeleton/Zombies + tier bonus ofc.

At 15 skill-points Skeleton Horde summons: 4 Skeleton mages wearing shields and wands (i think its wands at least :P) using some ranged attack(Could be a spell, but i think its auto attacking with a wand).
At 15 Skill-points Zombie Horde summons: 8 Zombies which uses melee auto attacks.

The only Ability that "grows" would be the ability: Reanimate Corpse, spawns a corpse fiend from dead enemies, so you could have an army, but they disappear after some time.
What was once dead, can be made into servants of death and destruction. Feast on the innocent, slaughter the weak and punish those who would stand in your way!

Stikkychaos

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2015, 12:41:34 PM »
So i'm making a pestilence-vampiric aura stinker who summons a horde and just stands there and things die. Cheaty.

Phoenix666

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2015, 06:18:42 AM »
I didn't want to start a new topic..

Is the number in the box (still bugged?) supposed to represent how many of the mob you have out?

Also, is there a way to get them to come back? More specifically, the counter says they are alive, but I can't find them. Does this mean a) they are dead and the counter is bugged or b) they are really stupid and are actually stuck somewhere.

scorpitron

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2015, 03:56:56 PM »
I didn't want to start a new topic..

Is the number in the box (still bugged?) supposed to represent how many of the mob you have out?

Also, is there a way to get them to come back? More specifically, the counter says they are alive, but I can't find them. Does this mean a) they are dead and the counter is bugged or b) they are really stupid and are actually stuck somewhere.

I have the same question...

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2015, 04:10:07 PM »
The tracking of the monsters is difficult, in my personal tests I can almost always have an accurate amount of skeletons, zombies and such in my number box, but once you move around and zone it seems to get messed up.

Meh
People motivate themselves, and are inspired by others.
--- I love making FUN encounters, the ones that make you scream with terror, and remember them forever! ---
**more awesome then an awesome possum**

scorpitron

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2015, 04:29:58 PM »
ok so it is supposed to represent the number of summons...

Its just weird since i can summon them...not even move, go afk for a few, come back and the numbers in the boxes have all changed.  Still better than nothing at all since it does help more than it hurts.

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2015, 07:15:28 PM »
the way it works,

its suppose to reset the counter when cast
add how many was cast

when monster dies it broadcasts a buff to the player removing a number.

most times it messes up with the broadcast, or the stat gets muddled somewhere and sticks through the reset ;(
People motivate themselves, and are inspired by others.
--- I love making FUN encounters, the ones that make you scream with terror, and remember them forever! ---
**more awesome then an awesome possum**