Author Topic: A Paladin or a destroyer. Picking a class for my gf...  (Read 1188 times)

uberbewb

A Paladin or a destroyer. Picking a class for my gf...
« on: April 06, 2015, 12:40:48 AM »
Hello, I'm trying to determine which class would be most ideal for my gf. We play together and have been for a few days. However, as she played I realized she prefered to be in the combat more. She chose a Necromancer which doesn't really fair well in combat. She is dying a lot on boss fights.

I am playing the Dragoon myself. I love this class. So, something that would work well with the Dragoon would be a bonus.

Which would be best for a PC newb; The Paladin or The Destroyer?

Also, Can they both efficiently use a 2h weapon? If so which weapons specifically?
she is a lot like me and basically wants an awesome smash class. Big weapon with awesome damage. (not dual wield)
I also figured weapon+shield would be okay for her to give her more defense so she can learn things as she goes a bit easier.

Anyways, would love any input ^_^

Miothan

• Bring in the dead, for the living has no use!
Re: A Paladin or a destroyer. Picking a class for my gf...
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2015, 01:28:28 AM »
Since the Destroyer is not a Synergies class it will be hard for us to give you advise.

Tho the Paladin is going through changes to make it viable for End-game atm, so it is not a class that is completed yet, if she enjoys Destroyer then go for it O_o

EDIT: Also, atm there isnt a single 2-handed weapon which is better to use than 1-hander+shield or dual-wielding with the synergy classes (except for perhaps the Ranger, not enough testing done so its unclear if melee or ranged is better)
« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 03:00:00 AM by Miothan »
What was once dead, can be made into servants of death and destruction. Feast on the innocent, slaughter the weak and punish those who would stand in your way!

uberbewb

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2015, 03:38:15 PM »
I figured people who use Synergies would know how well the destroyer works with it to kind of give an idea versus the Paladin.

It'll be a while until we reach End-Game. Like I said she's new and still likes to explore more than focus on the quests lol.

So, far she's been enjoying the Paladin.

I noticed the Paladin going through changes but it seemed as though most of those posts were in 2014. Must have misread something.

Rhythmier

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2015, 09:16:18 PM »
I am just letting you all know that I had a patch ready to go that involved the paladin, but due to changes in my personal life I do not have internet for the immediate future and the mod is not a priority for me until I do again.

Once the internet returns I will be updating the mod again as before!

Mark

There you go, its gonna be happening soon!

Miothan

• Bring in the dead, for the living has no use!
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2015, 12:51:07 AM »
I figured people who use Synergies would know how well the destroyer works with it to kind of give an idea versus the Paladin.

Strange that you would expect that when the Destroyer class is from another mod, it is NOT included in synergies.

Classes in synergiesMOD: Warlock, Necromancer, Ranger, Paladin, Berserker, Engineer, Outlander and Embermage
What was once dead, can be made into servants of death and destruction. Feast on the innocent, slaughter the weak and punish those who would stand in your way!

fbu

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2015, 11:36:13 AM »
My gf is a n00b to PC games and she loves the engineer because she has decent dmg output and high survive-ability with the shield and pets. It's a good support class for any class really