Author Topic: Shocking Orb  (Read 1216 times)

Wolf123

Shocking Orb
« on: April 12, 2015, 10:27:23 AM »
Hi.  I was wondering how Shocking Orb (the newer synergies version of course) damage is calculated.  I don't see anything in game to indicate.  I don't use the storm tree much except for Thunder Locus but was intrigued by this skill change and have decided to try using it as support skill.  Since no damage was listed in game, just curious on what it scales off of (level, weapon DPS, skill points, etc.).  Thanks

Miothan

• Bring in the dead, for the living has no use!
Re: Shocking Orb
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2015, 10:34:21 AM »
If im not misstaken it is a minion you summon, so pet and minion stats.
What was once dead, can be made into servants of death and destruction. Feast on the innocent, slaughter the weak and punish those who would stand in your way!

Wolf123

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2015, 09:33:51 PM »
So the only way to increase its damage to get gear with +minion damage?  Not +electricity damage?  I guess I was hoping more for a mini-me Thunder Locus, damage wise.  With one point in right now, I see little to no damage to an enemy health meter (whereas my skellies (VI)-(Animal Handling VI), while not killing machines, put a dent in the enemy life bar when they hit).  So rapid-fire close in stun gun seems to be what this skill is about (at Tier 2 or 3 anyway).  Maybe I'll experiment with 10 or so points and see how useful it is.

Miothan

• Bring in the dead, for the living has no use!
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2015, 06:18:14 AM »
Yes, only with +pet and minion affixes.

I would advice you not to try it tho, you will certainly not reach high enough damage to make it worth having pet and minion affixes on your gear, it is not strong enough to carry your damage.

You will need other abilities to do the damage for you, and since you will need that, there is 0 reasons to get +pet and minion affixes from any slot in your gear, you will only nerf yourself if you do.

Something that you might want to consider is that, Embermage is currently the weakest class in Synergies, worst of them all, Embermage and all other classes can complete T0 and T0.5 content, but for the hardest content in the game Darkness Falls, Embermage cant complete, and falls behind (falls behind quite readily vs. any other content as well anyway, but can still manage to kill T0 and T0.5 bosses, altho quite slow and sucks if you take a big hit, cause Embermage has 0 regen abilities you can RELY on), Embermage cant complete all the Challenge Chests in Darkness Falls even if you get the best gear for her that is available and you will die more often and do less damage than the other classes.

I would advice you to play another class unless you really enjoy Embermage, if your interest is end-game you should certainly stay away from Embermage and Paladin, other classes are good enough that you wont be frustrated, and Paladin is going through changes atm to make it more viable for Darkness Falls (atm Paladin is just really bad).
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 06:27:24 AM by Miothan »
What was once dead, can be made into servants of death and destruction. Feast on the innocent, slaughter the weak and punish those who would stand in your way!