Author Topic: Back after a year or two. Any major changes to the vanilla classes?  (Read 4649 times)

nginferno

Just as the topic says. I stopped playing TL2 after I've gotten my necromancer to act 3 because of various reasons. I want to start playing an engineer and outlander again so I want to know if there were major changes. Good to see that the mod is still alive and kicking.

Miothan

• Bring in the dead, for the living has no use!
Re: Back after a year or two. Any major changes to the vanilla classes?
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2015, 02:48:56 PM »
Just as the topic says. I stopped playing TL2 after I've gotten my necromancer to act 3 because of various reasons. I want to start playing an engineer and outlander again so I want to know if there were major changes. Good to see that the mod is still alive and kicking.

Outlander has had some recent changed, outlander is pretty much the same.

Never liked the Outlander so not sure how viable it is for Darkness Falls, tried it with a few sets to see how he/she changed, but seemed to be too squishy so i didnt enjoy it even after the recent changes.

Engineer is still the same, viable for Darkness Falls, with the right item-builds you dont have to worry about death at all and can finish everything quit easily (once geared ofc, all classes struggles before they are geared :P)
What was once dead, can be made into servants of death and destruction. Feast on the innocent, slaughter the weak and punish those who would stand in your way!

nginferno

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2015, 09:15:00 PM »
That said, I have no idea how to properly build an outlander. And after looking around the place I still cant find proper builds for even a glaivelander. On the other hand, does pure focus cannoneer still work?

Miothan

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2015, 05:27:42 AM »
That said, I have no idea how to properly build an outlander. And after looking around the place I still cant find proper builds for even a glaivelander. On the other hand, does pure focus cannoneer still work?

I dont really know about outlander either, i played it quite a lot whewn i wnated to see if he/she was finally viable for Darkness Falls, but since i found it to be less than desirable i didnt relaly bother remembering the better build i used.

Engineer works while being focus, but you will have an easy time if you go for Residual Aftermath Set in Darkness Falls, so STR as the main attrib with focus as secondary, ofc you still want some VIT and DEX anyway, and Emberquake is still the best ability the Engineer has for spamable attacks, once you have the Residual Aftermath Axes you can autoattack bosses for about the same amount of damage as your Emberquake (if you have a lot of STR since they are doing mainly Physical damage, with some fire damage)

You can have a look at this thread for drop info in T1: http://forums.synergiesmod.com/index.php?topic=5522.0 (spreadsheet with all info you need)
You can look at this threawd for Pictures of T1 items: http://forums.synergiesmod.com/index.php?topic=5647.0

And you can find similar posts about T0 in the T0 sub-forum if you want to have a look at the T0/T0.5 stuff.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 05:35:05 AM by Miothan »
What was once dead, can be made into servants of death and destruction. Feast on the innocent, slaughter the weak and punish those who would stand in your way!

nginferno

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2015, 06:19:16 AM »

Well I am going to just jump headlong into the unknown then. Lets hope this works.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 06:59:04 AM by nginferno »

Miothan

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2015, 07:25:26 AM »
Ah didnt notice you asked for cannoner :P

Tried it way back in DK, and it should work, but for Darkness Falls i am sure it wont work since...theres no good skills to use for Cannoner, not enough damage, and there is also no T1 Cannon to make sure you do good damage.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 08:06:48 AM by Miothan »

nginferno

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2015, 10:07:10 AM »

Tried it way back in DK, and it should work, but for Darkness Falls i am sure it wont work since...theres no good skills to use for Cannoner, not enough damage, and there is also no T1 Cannon to make sure you do good damage.

Disappointing. I digged out an old poison outlander build with glaivethrow and cursed daggers. It sounds pretty damn awesome to play because of glaives and daggers flying everywhere doing massive poison damage and dots.

Miothan

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2015, 06:42:43 AM »

Disappointing. I digged out an old poison outlander build with glaivethrow and cursed daggers. It sounds pretty damn awesome to play because of glaives and daggers flying everywhere doing massive poison damage and dots.

Classes i know are viable for Darkness Falls are:
Warlock, Berserker, Engineer and Necromancer

Classes i know are NOT viable in Darkness Falls:
Embermage and Paladin

I dont know if Ranger and Outlander is viable or not, i have tried them but could not get them to perform at a level where they could do well enoughto call them viable, but i havent done much research on those 2 classes so could just  be me not trying them enough.

The problem with Embermage and Paladin is that they dont have a reliable way of regaining health, except for the Paladin, but hes ability is on a 20 seconds cooldown which means you are screwed for 20 seconds in-between heals, and they also suck when it comes to dealing damage, have tried both of them extensively, wearing best end-game gears and tried multiple of everything, but they just flat out suck, Paladin is going through changs atm tho to make him viable for Darkness Falls, Salan is doing that, but it seems Salan is on vacation atm, havent seen him around for 22 days now.

Oh and lastly: Every class can finish T0 and T0.5 content.

« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 06:46:23 AM by Miothan »

nginferno

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2015, 10:14:50 AM »
Will probably make it to 0.5 on my cannoneer and outlander then. And then I'll decide what to do.

Nitrohell

Classes i know are viable for Darkness Falls are:
Warlock, Berserker, Engineer and Necromancer

First let me apologize for necroing an almost 1 month old thread, just wanted to ask a couple questions and didn't think it's was worth creating a new one, especially since it's based on what Miothan posted here, however if I'm wrong say so I'll create a new thread.

Now the questions:
Is a two handed weapon Engineer viable for Darkness Falls or do you absolutely need a Shield to do it?
Here's a draft of the skill build I plan on using: http://tidbi.ru/eng/engineer.php?lvl=100&fm=33&skill=0F050FFFF150000000F40F00F0F000&stat=apafafapaaaaaaaa
About the stats, I'm currently going mostly strength, with some points into focus and dexterity and completely neglecting vitality for now. I'm hoping that endgame gear+enchants+sockets will compensate for my lack of points in vitality but I'm feeling so squishy that I don't know if that will be enough.
Right now I'm distributing the stats into 6/1/3/0 every two levels.

Let me know if you'd rather have me make a new thread.

Miothan

« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2015, 10:25:51 PM »
Depends on what you would count as "viable", he would still have decent survivability through hes 67k shield, but you do not gain much damage by using a 2-hander compared to 1h+shield.

But you can dual-wield, it is what i would recommend you to do if you want to gear an Engineer in Darkness Falls, go for the Residual Aftermath set, great survivability and when parry procs you can get up to 160k absorb shield from aegis of fate ^^, probably want to use 1h+shield during the gearing up process tho.

Have not tried cannoner in DF so no clue about that tho, but the cannoner abilities are not all that impressive, also when i geared up my Engineer i used the Adamant Set since it had great stats for the engineers already great defensive abilities so i dont know how well 2-handers work in DF with Engineer, did test it way way way back, but i dont remember how it performed.

For a 1h+shield i would go with this build: http://tidbi.ru/eng/engineer.php?lvl=100&fm=33&skill=000F00F0E0F000000FF1FF0000F0F0&stat=apafafdUaaaaaaac

Shield Bash is the best ability when it comes to building charges, does it really fast, and later on you wont even need it since your autoattacks builds you max charge in 2 seconds, Emberquake is the best ability the Engineer has, nothing else does more damage and it is also AoE, still 15 points in super charge since if you slam emberquake in the face of a target it apparently counts as a melee hit for some strange reason (and theres not much else to put points in that is any better :P), Onslaugh works on bosses, so maxing that gives you much more than using storm burst, its also a great ability to get in or out of a fight ^^
« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 10:42:20 PM by Miothan »