Author Topic: sources of lag / mana missiles  (Read 1791 times)

ccomly

sources of lag / mana missiles
« on: June 23, 2015, 03:30:19 AM »
So im trying to figure out why fps drops down to a grinding halt or 2-10 fps specifically when casting mana missiles, after about one clear of df trash. While yes the game starts lagging a little after some time in game, mana missiles just kills it completely, doesnt matter all settings are lowest or disabled.

Anyone else experience this?
Also are there some secret performance fixes i am unaware of?

cheers.

edit: 6core(12corehyperthredded)@4.2ghz, 8gb ram, nvidia 670 gtx 4gb. latest drivers, fully updated window 7 64-bit. 500gb 10.000 rpm harddrive.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 03:36:18 AM by ccomly »
Mods in use & load order. | steamprofile: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197968534560

SynergiesMOD (v.1212)

Miothan

• Bring in the dead, for the living has no use!
Re: sources of lag / mana missiles
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2015, 10:02:33 AM »
So im trying to figure out why fps drops down to a grinding halt or 2-10 fps specifically when casting mana missiles, after about one clear of df trash. While yes the game starts lagging a little after some time in game, mana missiles just kills it completely, doesnt matter all settings are lowest or disabled.

Anyone else experience this?
Also are there some secret performance fixes i am unaware of?

cheers.

edit: 6core(12corehyperthredded)@4.2ghz, 8gb ram, nvidia 670 gtx 4gb. latest drivers, fully updated window 7 64-bit. 500gb 10.000 rpm harddrive.

GTX 770 with i7-4790k, i also notice fps drops, but its not something that troubles me since i still have above 30fps when spaming mana missiles(sure would be nice with 60+ fps, but what can you do :D)

Mana missiles is not the only source of what is causing the fps drop, throught mana missiles you proc the 3 damage passives, so the Warlock is a very gpu heavy character, a lot of graphic to load.

Could be that your setup cant really run a gpu heavy character, or it could be some other problem.
What was once dead, can be made into servants of death and destruction. Feast on the innocent, slaughter the weak and punish those who would stand in your way!

ccomly

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2015, 04:48:29 AM »
after deleting local_settings.txt the fps drops pretty much stopped(i had some mods made to it), except for darkness falls map where it crawls up on me, its more like the game is choking than fps drop, ie freezes that then cause the fps to drop.

It doesnt happen right away only after some time playing in darkness falls, usually always soon after re-entering from a boss. these freezes have not happend anywhere else, since i deleted local_settings.txt. Also as soon as the freezes start to hit, they will follow everywhere, only a restart of the game will fix it.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2015, 05:21:05 AM by ccomly »
Mods in use & load order. | steamprofile: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197968534560

SynergiesMOD (v.1212)

Miothan

• Bring in the dead, for the living has no use!
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2015, 12:34:27 PM »
The occassional freeze you notice is when the DF generals summon more mobs, everytime they do that the game freezes for a short duration, it is rather dumb and they do that because they are fighting the dragon that sometimes spawn in DF that is aggresive towards them.
What was once dead, can be made into servants of death and destruction. Feast on the innocent, slaughter the weak and punish those who would stand in your way!

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2015, 09:14:03 PM »
Ya the generals spawn randomly throughout the map as a normal monster, when they get activated and fight the dragon off the screen its a bit annoying but no way around it unless I remove the generals summon ability, I guess I could make it have a check to make sure there is a player nearby first tho.. hmm
People motivate themselves, and are inspired by others.
--- I love making FUN encounters, the ones that make you scream with terror, and remember them forever! ---
**more awesome then an awesome possum**

hackromezzz

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2015, 12:50:06 PM »
I experienced it too, so far this is the only skill im getting lag even you use it alone without any mobs. Well before ive use embermage and it got tons of showy skills, but all were fine and fps dont drop if i spam them  ???.

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2015, 08:03:30 PM »
hmm, i'll see if i can trim the skill anywhere..
People motivate themselves, and are inspired by others.
--- I love making FUN encounters, the ones that make you scream with terror, and remember them forever! ---
**more awesome then an awesome possum**

maciek

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2016, 06:33:25 PM »
the mana missile lag still exists in the latest patch

from my observation the lag occurs when second mana missile (tier 2 bonus) is cast  and its there even if no mobs are shot (no procs are being triggered)

the lag is gone after exiting to menu and reentering the game but kicks in after about 4th map loaded