Author Topic: The Legionary 1.78  (Read 3639 times)

Deimos

The Legionary 1.78
« on: July 04, 2015, 07:37:05 PM »
Specter Blaze reduced Weapon and Fire damage by 20%.
Energy Shield reduced Reflect damage by 50%.
Stable Release.

Demo:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ob_iPQ4Oh5Y

Downoad here:
http://www.runicgamesfansite.com/vbdownloads.php?do=download&downloadid=645

Description:
Fearless and agile, Legionaries are phenom sword and shield warriors adept at commanding Specter magic. The Legionary wields Destruction, Formation and Deflection skill sets.

Notes:
The Legionary is roughly based on the Berserker and Outlander with a few other unused skills in the game including the ones I created from scratch. The skills, layouts, particles, animations, affixes, armor sets, and minions have their own directory under this class. The Legionary is balanced for Vanilla to SynergiesMod on Elite difficulty.

All skills require a sword, mace, axe and shield.

The charge bar increases Block and Dodge chance up to 50% at max charge. Some Passive skills can only be activated when the class blocks or dodges an attack.

The Legionary has a default 25% all damage reduction.

Extra Features:
I have integrated Big Stash and Deep Pocket mod by King Lazer.

https://steamcommunity.com/id/kingla.../?appid=200710

If you're using this mod with SynergiesMOD and classes: the first page of the expanded inventories are compatible with SynergiesMOD, but the succeeding pages will not show your items. You'll need to put the Legionary class mod below SynergiesMOD if you want to see and get your items back. If you want to use the Big Stash and Deep Pocket version of the expanded inventories, just put the Legionary class mod on top of SyenergiesMOD. I added this feature to make the expanded inventories inherent to the Legionary.

For Vanilla play:
The game can drop Unique Berserker and Engineer vanilla armor sets that may have a Legionary class requirement.
Bloodbath
Draketalon
Feral
Forgecraft
Grand Architect
Harbringer
Machine Forged
Merciless
Mondon
Outercore
Railforged
Savage
True North

Feedback is appreciated. Good luck and have fun.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2015, 12:19:01 PM by Deimos »

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
Re: The Legionary (WIP)
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2015, 01:10:09 PM »
cool, i'll check it out
People motivate themselves, and are inspired by others.
--- I love making FUN encounters, the ones that make you scream with terror, and remember them forever! ---
**more awesome then an awesome possum**

okami29

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2015, 03:28:37 PM »
It looks really really great !
I love the summon attacking dual swords concept (hope it would be possible to increase movement and attack speed of the minions at higher level).
Also the shield bash skills looks fun.
Will it be compatible with synergies ?
Great work it looks fun and smooth gameplay !
« Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 03:48:16 AM by okami29 »

Deimos

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2015, 08:21:25 PM »
Thanks for the feedback. I still have half a skill tree to fill and I haven't built a mod yet. I might change a few skills in balance but this is basically what the class will look like. I finished and added three skills since I uploaded the last concept video, so there's still some skills to show before beta testing. And yes, it'll be compatible with Synergies. I'm looking forward to playing the Paladin.

okami29

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2015, 08:22:37 AM »
Looks good.
Also I don't know how hard it will be to make the class as effective as the Berserker class in endgame Tier 1 Synergies.
I mean all original classes are not as strong as a wolfpack berserker, so I hope the legionary will be able to make it with the synergies set (I think, for now there is no Tier 1 set with a shield).
Also don't forget that minions must be very fast (movement speed, attack speed and damage) and resilient (75% damage resistance after T1 dungeons debuff is a minimum)  at farming endgame content.

Also the health recovery when block must have a percentage max health component to it's effect to make it scalable in endgame (flat health recovery dos not scale well).

Larecjv

Re: The Legionary 1.28
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2015, 06:16:33 AM »
Just some initial finds.

The 25% damage reduction will stack with Synergies 25% damage reduction so when you enter the first town in the game you will have a 50% damage reduction.

The mana/health regen skills are currently OP, you may want to add a percentage for the dodge/block for them to trigger, as in x% chance to trigger when blocking/dodging. I played a new character and at level 4 with both of those regen skills i didnt need to take a potion even though at 1 point i was surrounded by 5 vile gnashers(those will kill a new character fast imo).

I also had some crashes when i entered a town potal and the first dungeon but currently cant be sure if it's your mod that causes those crashes.

Im only level 5 at the moment so i will post further if i find anything else.   :)

okami29

Re: The Legionary 1.28
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2015, 11:40:22 AM »
Hello maybe the regen skills are good at low level but at hight level they are not OP, a way to balance it might be to reduce it at lower level (or make it a flat amount) and keep the same percentage at higher levels.
This class needs a shield and must be tankier than the berserker (who can trigger blood hunger "at will" when you have max critical chance) so I think it is balanced.

Also I like the Specter Onslaught fast jump but it will be more fun and effective if you double the range at tier 2 and triple the range at tier 3 making it a fast travel skill to reach quickly far away enemies.

I think increasing the range of the leap as you level it up will make it more usefull without making it OP (it will just be easier to use).

Deimos

Re: The Legionary 1.33
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2015, 10:48:40 AM »
Fixed stacked damage reduction. Specter Onslaught and Valiant Charge now have an additional bonus leap and charge range per skill tier. Mana Bounty and Heal Bastion regeneration have been reduced at early level progression, and many more balance adjustments.

Updated.

okami29

Re: The Legionary 1.33
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2015, 03:22:57 PM »
Sometimes the game crashes when entering a zone but I don't know what causes it.
The game crashed when entering the first town (I used cheat code to level up and add all skills to test) so I don't know wich skill/effects triggered the bug.

Deimos

Re: The Legionary 1.1
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2015, 06:02:53 AM »
Yep, I've seen the crashes and it's fixed now. It's caused by a missing Legionary blue-set reward property in one of the Spawn Classes Reward modules. Any zone that has an NPC that could reward you a blue-set item will crash because the game couldn't find that specific reward property for the Legionary. The first town crashes because at player Lvl 100, the NPC near the south exit randomly rewards you with at least one blue-set item. I could be wrong, but at least the mod hasn't crashed since I made the fix.

I have reworked the player, minion base files. Specter Savage and Sentry now give buffs the same way Healing Bot heals players. The transparent texture on Sentry shows some graphical glitches when I play the class in Linux, I have made the minion textures solid to fix the issue.

Updated.

Deimos

Re: The Legionary 1.46
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2015, 06:46:33 AM »
I've reworked Specter Blaze's particle effects. It appears that Blaze's particle assets doesn't fire properly when there are a ton of monsters and other particle effects firing at the same time. I've seen this happen a few times in Tier 0 and Tier 0.5. I've replaced it with a less expensive and spammable friendly particle effect. Updated.

Deimos

Re: The Legionary 1.64
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2015, 03:29:41 PM »
Sonic Blade reworked to ward casting Sonic Blade Aura. Hammer Throw now slowly rotates on the y axis and can now cast Meteor Strike. Lots of fixes and improvements. Updated.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2015, 06:15:40 AM by Deimos »

Deimos

Re: The Legionary 1.77
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2015, 11:45:53 AM »
Notes on end game armor sets for the Legionary:

T0-T0.5: Adaman set.
T1-T1.5: Adaman set for initial farming.
T1.5(1): Brimstone set with 8 pieces Tempered and 4 pieces Smouldering.
T1.5(2): Brimstone set Tempered.

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
Re: The Legionary 1.77
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2015, 09:30:48 AM »
works well still?
People motivate themselves, and are inspired by others.
--- I love making FUN encounters, the ones that make you scream with terror, and remember them forever! ---
**more awesome then an awesome possum**

Deimos

Re: The Legionary 1.78
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2015, 12:19:20 PM »
Updated.