Author Topic: Shotgonne mastery nerf  (Read 1181 times)

dreynar

Shotgonne mastery nerf
« on: July 10, 2015, 11:07:16 PM »
   Curently the blindness effect difference between synergies and vanila is over 3.5 times.In vanila the effect would render almost all bosses helpless,however most vanila bosses also came with no minor monsters while synergies bosses almost always have adds.
   Initialy when seeing the differences I expected it to be a change in how the effect scales as the player advances,however it's a flat 20% which doesn't seem to help in any way.
   I haven't yet progressed a shotgun outlander into Tier 1 content(I know there is 1 set with a shotgun in it so far) however I could not help but notice the lack of any shotguns for any Tier 0 sets(Also noticed this lack for claws)
   So with the knowledge that 2h builds suffer greatly into Tier 1 content has anyone tried a shotgun outlander through Tier 0-0.5 and how did it perform,also did the blind effect as it is now help with any boss fights?

Miothan

• Bring in the dead, for the living has no use!
Re: Shotgonne mastery nerf
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2015, 11:47:05 PM »
Bosses in SynergiesMOD are immune to blind and stun effects.

You can blind and stun the boss adds tho, but thats about it, you wont be able to get anything useful out of blind and stun on bosses since it doesnt work on them.

You can kill Derinkuyu and Troll bosses quite fast with Shotgones, you wont be able to do much vs. T1 bosses since the Shotgone abilitiies are REALLY lacking and doesnt do much compared to other abilities.

Also, since Salan is the only one working on the mod there wont be an abundance of weapons to choose from, he has provided us with all weapon sorts except for claws (which doesnt matter since there is a set especially aimed at the berserker with 0.8 sec attack speed axes)
« Last Edit: July 10, 2015, 11:49:53 PM by Miothan »
What was once dead, can be made into servants of death and destruction. Feast on the innocent, slaughter the weak and punish those who would stand in your way!

dreynar

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2015, 01:00:59 PM »
   Actualy blind cloud does apply to bosses(consoled up a character for a quick test run) as for other effects I was aware stun imobilise etc don't apply.I can sort of understand the nerf in this situation hence a shotgun outlander could just turn any boss into a punching bag with no fear of being hit by the boss,still the nerf takes out another build possibility out of the outlander since 20% blindness has no utility especialy with no stacking.

Miothan

• Bring in the dead, for the living has no use!
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2015, 08:41:24 PM »
   Actualy blind cloud does apply to bosses(consoled up a character for a quick test run) as for other effects I was aware stun imobilise etc don't apply.I can sort of understand the nerf in this situation hence a shotgun outlander could just turn any boss into a punching bag with no fear of being hit by the boss,still the nerf takes out another build possibility out of the outlander since 20% blindness has no utility especialy with no stacking.

Dont know much about the Outlander, never did try him with shotgone, its the only class i dislike so havent played him much at all, Engineers Cannon abilities that has chance to blind actually does not blind any Bosses because they are immune to blind, the only way a boss would be able to be blinded, would be if Salan made a unique flag for the ability to specifically blind bosses, Engineer abilities does not blind bosses and doesnt stun them either.

The debuff shows up on the bosses, but it does not include the blind chance, only the Fire damage and Physical damage increase.

Salan may have given Outlander abilities a unique flag that allows blinds to work on bosses when he did the rework of some of its abilities, i wouldent know tho as i have not played Outlander after the rework.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2015, 08:45:59 PM by Miothan »
What was once dead, can be made into servants of death and destruction. Feast on the innocent, slaughter the weak and punish those who would stand in your way!