Author Topic: 2H engi ?  (Read 1555 times)

Alifib

2H engi ?
« on: July 30, 2015, 08:39:36 PM »
Hi everyone !

I started Darknessfall and begin to farm draco set, for a 2H !

have you got some advice for build and stat, because it's start to be really hard when i change my T0 soulbound for the draco ?

Thx

Miothan

• Bring in the dead, for the living has no use!
Re: 2H engi ?
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2015, 05:49:48 PM »
Hi everyone !

I started Darknessfall and begin to farm draco set, for a 2H !

have you got some advice for build and stat, because it's start to be really hard when i change my T0 soulbound for the draco ?

Thx

Currently, 2hander builds are bad for every character, and 1h+shield or dual-wield is better, you wont have a fun time with a 2handed build as it lacks survivability.
What was once dead, can be made into servants of death and destruction. Feast on the innocent, slaughter the weak and punish those who would stand in your way!

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2015, 11:07:03 PM »
I'm not always sure I agree with that completely.. its survivability is on par with a dual wield, and there are bosses that ignore shields specifically with some attacks.

I guess it depends on your build and character really, if you have attacks that run off of DPS vs DAMAGE DONE and if you have means of mitigation that don't need shields, and if you rely on procs for major burst damage or not.

just depends how you want to play your character and what skills you intend to run ...?

Did you have any T1 soulstones to keep your DR and MR up when swapping sets?
People motivate themselves, and are inspired by others.
--- I love making FUN encounters, the ones that make you scream with terror, and remember them forever! ---
**more awesome then an awesome possum**

Miothan

• Bring in the dead, for the living has no use!
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2015, 01:04:52 AM »
2h engineer does not have good survivability compared to 1h+shield or dual-wield, 2h sets offers no direct survivability, sure they might offer the usual of +hp, +DR etc, but what you need is a way to regain hp or to avoid hp loss, none of the 2h sets offer that, and you WILL die more often if you use a 2h build.

You also get 2 more weapon mythical sockets when you dual-wield, and 2 more armor sockets when you use 1h+shield.

For Derinkuyu and Trolls any build works, and any items will get the job done, but for Darkness Falls a 2h set will get you squashed as they are not very well put together when it comes to survivability, they do have the dmg, but not the survivability (compared to 1h+shield/Dual-wielding).

So what makes me say that? lets compare T1 sets

2H set viable for Engineer: Savage Draconic
Adds ~900 Health per second as set specific survivability (super duper crappy, does nothing), and the ability to proc the Parry effect. Can never facetank.

1h+shield set viable for Engineer: Smouldering Brimstone
Adds the ability to block, which combined with dodge is 97.5% chance to avoid damage, even when a boss uses hes shield ignoring skills you will have about 6-7 times better survivability and with a shield you can facetank a boss without fear of death (when you min/max your gear)

Dual-wield viable sets for the Engineer: Residual Aftermath
Adds the ability to leech 8% damage done as life with autohits and also adds the chance to proc the Parry effect. Can facetank all day and wont die at all when min/maxed your gear.

All 3 sets reaches 100% crit chance, 500% crit damage and does about the same dmg (since 2h only have 2 sockets), but the survivability is great when using a shield, and even better when you dual-wield, 2h just cant do anything to help you survive while 1h+shield and dual-wielding helps you immensely, as of right now, you will NEVER be able to fearlessly facetank with a 2h on an Engineer(you cant really facetank with a 2h build since you will die often due to no way to regain health fast and not a high chance to avoid damage), the only thing you can do to add survivability as a 2h user is to get more health, thats it.
What was once dead, can be made into servants of death and destruction. Feast on the innocent, slaughter the weak and punish those who would stand in your way!

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2015, 01:13:57 AM »
hmm,. I'll try to address that with the 2h gear
People motivate themselves, and are inspired by others.
--- I love making FUN encounters, the ones that make you scream with terror, and remember them forever! ---
**more awesome then an awesome possum**