Author Topic: Leveling berserker?  (Read 3638 times)

demon-storm

Leveling berserker?
« on: September 08, 2015, 04:04:28 PM »
The first time I've stared playing this mod, I created an outlander on veteran. Short story, it had been a long time since I had such fun in ARPGs.

But then I encountered reflect mobs in T1 that are quite ridiculous so I decided to reroll to a melee class.

I rolled a berserker on elite difficulty considering I am more experienced with the game (the game mechanics at least). First levels were doable per say (I died only a few times), but I considered it was expected since it was elite.

But then, as I was leveling more and more, I started dying a lot more often. I had every skill defensive possible (constantly 1k-3k armor due to shred armor) but mobs still 1shotted me.

Here's what bothers me: Although I had 3k armor at times and 40-75% damage reduction to physical, several mobs still almost 1shotted me. What bugs me is that those mobs would do ALMOST the same damage while I was unbuffed (merely 200 armor and the base 25% dr). Does the armor even work? Am I missing something major? I have to mention that the hits where in the 3k ballpark whether I had buffs or not. So, 3k armor should mitigate like what, ALL THE DAMAGE? Why isn't armor working as it should?

Close to the point of quitting, I decided to twink him with 75% elemental resistance enchants with gold from my outlander. Things still didn't work out. I would end up getting 1shot over and over.

Special mention: I was playing with 20% life steal due to some set bonus and my health was jumping up and down in matter of milliseconds. Is this the quality of game one would expect from this mod?

So, I ended up being bored due to too much waiting in loading screen since I was dying too often.

So, my questions (beside the ones above) would be:

What class can handle elite both at leveling and endgame without ending up frustrated due to too much dying?
Is there anything I can do to my berserker so it wouldn't get 1shot?
Is any melee class viable at leveling?
How much is the difference between veteran and elite? I assumed it couldn't be too big, but I was utterly mistaken apparently (?)

The funny thing is that I noticed a couple of people around this forum discussing that they don't like to play "legit" anymore. So, are we just going to skip leveling and twink ourselves with console, destroying 90% of the game experience?

Please move my thread if this is not the appropriate section.

Miothan

• Bring in the dead, for the living has no use!
Re: Leveling berserker?
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2015, 03:24:35 AM »
The Synergies mod is first and foremost for end-game activities (level 100), it has done almost nothing for the level 1-99 experience, it is rather strange to view players as "cheaters" when they decide to skip the boring 1-99 that i am sure most of us have gone through several times by this point and offers nothing new for us, plus, Salan has not released the console commands to spawn Synergies items, so it's not like you can just console up whatever you want which is why there is a trade sub-forum.

T0/T0.5/T1 areas are not for leveling, if you were truly in Darkness Falls, then it's no surprise you died over and over as they are the end-game raids(i am guessing you weren't tho as you would insta die with less than 7k hp when you enter Darkness Falls due to the zone debuff).

Veteran difficulty is about 2-3 times easier than Elite i think, not sure, but that's my guess, should be numbers somewhere, can probably google it and find it if you really want to know. Armor as a stat is largely useless and should not be a deciding factor when you choose items, 1 armor = 1 damage reduction (Armor reduces damage before DR, which is why it REALLY sucks)

What Classes can handle Veteran/Elite diffiiculty while leveling?: All classes. What you need to do, is to get to level 20+, before that you will lack a lot of power from not having abilities unlocked, but after that you should be able to pick up the pace while lvling as you begin to unlock ability tiers(tier 1-3 of abilities are important), and unlock all abilities. Berserker is fairly easy to level up due to hes amazing passives (once you reach 16-20+) and Shadow Burst.

Not sure what you are doing on your berserker if you are constantly getting one-shot, perhaps you entered areas where the recommended level is above yours? anyway, you should put points in:

Must haves:
Blood Hunger (Steals health passively)
Shred Armor
Red Wolf
Howl (Great ability that is always useful, even in end-game)
Shadow Burst (Great escape/Initiate ability/emergency heal)
Executioner (If you dual-wield, otherwise ignore)
Battle Standard (adds great amounts of +dodge chance and some mana regen)

Recommended:
Cold Steel Mastery (low priority passive, put points in it when you have extras to spare since you do not really use ice damage since most of the tundra abilities are useless except for ice shield)
Battle Rage (great as it buffs your damage, and increases physical DR)
Ice Shield (great for missile reflection but not really needed imo)
Frenzy mastery (not sure how useful this is, depends on how fast you re-charge your charge bar, could very well be fairly useless for you)

After that you will want to choose which spammable ability you want as your main ability,  best one while leveling is probably Ravage and Wolfpack, tho they are mana-intense so carry with you mana potions, and there are Respecc potions that costs 2400 each (unlimited supply) so do not be afraid of experimenting.

If you are continuously getting killed in 1 hit, it could be a mod conflict, if you have more than Synergies mod active it could cause problems (mod conflicts between mods).

What was once dead, can be made into servants of death and destruction. Feast on the innocent, slaughter the weak and punish those who would stand in your way!

potterman28wxcv

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2015, 06:45:05 AM »
The first time I've stared playing this mod, I created an outlander on veteran. Short story, it had been a long time since I had such fun in ARPGs.

But then I encountered reflect mobs in T1 that are quite ridiculous so I decided to reroll to a melee class.
I also think that the T1 reflections are just non sense, and they can turn a complete build into something very crappy :(
As you said, this makes it a lot harder (and less fun) to play as a ranged character.

I rolled a berserker on elite difficulty considering I am more experienced with the game (the game mechanics at least). First levels were doable per say (I died only a few times), but I considered it was expected since it was elite.

But then, as I was leveling more and more, I started dying a lot more often. I had every skill defensive possible (constantly 1k-3k armor due to shred armor) but mobs still 1shotted me.

Here's what bothers me: Although I had 3k armor at times and 40-75% damage reduction to physical, several mobs still almost 1shotted me. What bugs me is that those mobs would do ALMOST the same damage while I was unbuffed (merely 200 armor and the base 25% dr). Does the armor even work? Am I missing something major? I have to mention that the hits where in the 3k ballpark whether I had buffs or not. So, 3k armor should mitigate like what, ALL THE DAMAGE? Why isn't armor working as it should?
Not sure what you messed up exactly. When I was doing a playthrough with LAO mod, I had the same amount of armor as you (kind of) because this mod gives way too OP items, but the armor would work just fine.
When you say you have 1k-3k armor, have you actually checked the numbers ? Or is it a result of your own computing ?
If you had such armor, it would have mitigated a good part of the 3k damage. Or maybe the mobs were too high level for you - the game has a kind of malus/bonus applying to the amount of damage you receive and get if the levels are different.
I'm not sure of the exact formula though.

Special mention: I was playing with 20% life steal due to some set bonus and my health was jumping up and down in matter of milliseconds. Is this the quality of game one would expect from this mod?
Na, this can't be in the leveling process. You must be in Darkness Falls or something like that. You need to have at least a full Tier 0 set before trying to go there, otherwise you just get destroyed.

What class can handle elite both at leveling and endgame without ending up frustrated due to too much dying?
Is there anything I can do to my berserker so it wouldn't get 1shot?
Is any melee class viable at leveling?
How much is the difference between veteran and elite? I assumed it couldn't be too big, but I was utterly mistaken apparently (?)

The funny thing is that I noticed a couple of people around this forum discussing that they don't like to play "legit" anymore. So, are we just going to skip leveling and twink ourselves with console, destroying 90% of the game experience?
I agree that Tier 1 is way too hard and too much farming. For people like me who hate farming, this is just painful.
You need both a full Tier 0 set (around more than 10h of farming to get that I would say), then you also need to stuff it with skulls, but then you can only hope to go in Darkness Falls.
To defeat the bosses you need even more powerful item and even more farming.

The endgame is clearly not what I prefer in terms of difficulty.
But it's already a big amount of work to have scripted all these fights, and these new items and stuff.

I'm one of the few out there who don't console their characters, but like to profit of the 90% of the game experience.
Even though Synergies didn't change much of the leveling game, due to the changes in monsters health, damage and attributes + the chance to have a worldboss spawning, the increased population,
the Elite and Hero monsters, well the game is a lot funnier to play :)

There are still some boring parts and boss fights. I find the big areas to be particularly boring. And some boss fights are just a matter of kiting, which is kind of sad..
(I'm currently working on a mod to change these by the way - it's only in the workshop for now because it's not finished, but I will post it here when I will consider it almost done)

But generally speaking, it's worth to do another playthrough with Synergies.

demon-storm

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2015, 11:47:52 AM »
Thanks for the constructive replies.

For me, leveling is an and should be an enjoyable part of this game (or any game for that matter). The thing that made this game so hard is the fact that Salan inflated mob damage (correct me if I'm wrong) overall, their health as well and in exchange, the weapons we acquire have more damage. That seems fair, but the thing is that we can't acquire enough mitigation (at least as melee classes) to survive in elite difficulty, even if we are extremely careful.

Never been to tier areas for leveling. Realm of discord if the place I was leveling up from 1 to 50. Monsters here are the same level as you are, so it shouldn't that big of a difference when the formula for armor kicks in, right? (I have never heard of that formula, never knew that armor behaves differently than what you actually have on your character sheet)

I'm aware that armor kicks in before DR, but the truth is that armor alone should have been enough for 5k damage hits. I tested the following:

One monster hits me for 3k damage. I have 4k health (I barely struggle to get additional health cause there aren't enough sources, at least not of which I am aware of). This scenario is pre-buff from shred armor (at about 400 armor).

The monster hits me for about 2k damage after I acquire about 3k armor while in combat (from ravage + shred armor, armor goes up extremely fast and to high values, even with very few monsters around).

The math doesn't add up as you can see, unless armor works differently than what I am aware of.

I have every must have ability you listed there, they are very useful indeed, but the damage is still enormous if you are caught without some stacks of shred armor.

Blood hunger is pretty redundant in my opinion since 5% hp over 1 or 2 seconds (I'm not sure) isn't that big, considering I have 3 pieces of regent that grant 20% life steal (I also have a lot of damage, enchanted unique weapons, my life fills from bottom to top in a matter of 1-2 seconds, shorter if I have frenzy up).

I have to mention I only have synergies installed.

Even if I somehow manage to level up to 100 without getting bored, the game is still very unfair on elite difficulty, but only for melee classes. Some classes like the ranger for example have immense mitigation sources (huge hp bonus + overall damage reduction from nature passive) and they are ranged on top of that, so they can deal the damage without having to trade with the enemy (getting huge hits). But the ranger is extremely boring, so there's that xd

I have to mention there are some monsters that are way too overtuned (literally 1shot you almost no matter what), like the varkolyn brute (they hit way too hard compared to all monsters and their hit cannot be dodged like trolls' ones).

The game is ALMOST doable if you play impeccable (from a berserker standpoint at least), but I think the elite difficulty should allow the room for some mistakes, at least at leveling. Also, there aren't a lot of full 1shots (like troll's power hit), what I meant by that is that you take an extremely high amount of damage in a very short time (it only takes ~3 monsters to hit you at the same time while you don't have shred armor stacks and you're dead). The frustrating part about berserker gameplay (I imagine other melee classes have it worse since berserker is the only class the have insane amount of mitigation versus masses) is that you have to somehow get into the fray without dying instantly (in order to build shred stacks). You can do this sometimes, sometimes you can't.

I started leveling an engineer on veteran. The difference is quite big, especially when I don't have the same amount on mitigation on him (without absorbs up). The game is fun leveling on veteran, pretty much with any class.

Also, a question: Can the T1 reflections be reflected back?

Suggestions: For the realm of discord: Add more regular monsters, lower the density of bosses and make uniques decent (bosses drop a lot of uniques, especially the rare spawns, but most of them are crap anyway, at least mitigation wise). For example, there's a helm (forgot the name) that grants 10% damage reduction versus all damage. That's a pretty amazing item. Don't think you can faceroll the elite difficulty at leveling even if you have 75% dr vs all damage, cause I tried that and you still take a lot of damage and you have to be careful at power hits and overpowered elemental attacks (death caps anyone?).

All I'm saying is that there should be more items that provide health, more drops on rare gems (so we can socket with blood embers) and more mitigation provided by items. This shouldn't affect endgame.

Miothan

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2015, 12:43:17 PM »
The only thing we haven't mentioned yet about armor is that when it does mitigate damage it does so rolling from 50%-100% of your armor.

Example:
You  have 5000 Armor, monster hits you for 5000, virtual dice rolls mitigation between 2500-5000, so you end up taking 1-2500 dmg (Armor can't reduce damage to 0).

I am not sure how you can end up dead over and over again unless gear for your level is bad.

To see if there had been any major changes i consoled up a level 50 Berserker, set fame level to "liked" which is 100,000 fame (which should be less than you have at level 50), and bought some blue gear from the Table Mountain vendor (it's the same items that drops that the vendor sells), i had no trouble surviving and killing monsters in RoD with my lvl 50 Consoled Berserker, i used Wolfpack as my spammable, just had to wait for mana regen sometimes due to the high mana cost :P at the pace i was going i would be gaining a level every ~20-30 minutes i think.

Wolfpack procs all the passives including Blood Hunger btw, so it's a great ability for leveling as it doesn't require you to be in melee range all the time, but even if you are in melee range you should be able to survive as long as you use shadow rush and health potion when you see you are low.
What was once dead, can be made into servants of death and destruction. Feast on the innocent, slaughter the weak and punish those who would stand in your way!

demon-storm

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2015, 05:43:36 PM »
I am sorry if I offend you with the following reply, but it feels like it needs to be said.

I understand why people get bored at leveling... The mod simply destroyed the leveling experience by introducing better alternatives that are boring (clockwork citadel) and you feel forced to level up there while buying gear from table mountain. Leveling the regular way isn't spectacular either, but at least vanilla T2 didn't try to be pretentious and was quite balanced (you would expect something different from a mod that claims it is a "complete conversion mod" (this is actually the first title you find if you type in google). The mod creator messed with the hp/damage numbers and messed up the difficulty curve, ESPECIALLY ON ELITE.

After a 2 day grind, you end up in t0 with decent gear and 75% dr. At this point, the game summarizes itself at rejuvenation potion spam until you get t0 gear that is EXTREMELY not creative. You get like +stats, some speed here and there, maybe some %dr (that you acquire anyway by skulling / soulstoning) and THAT'S IT.

Honestly, the endgame feels like a watered down diablo 3 (d3 is pretty bad, so imagine). You basically twink/console your way to 100 while spamming rejuvenation potions in order to spam MORE rejuvenation potions to acquire t0 gear that feels like it's worse than your leveling gear (I've seen great uniques at leveling) just because it's the only gear that can be soulforged.

I am also extremely disappointed with the ranger class. I love playing ranger classes in ARPGs. Ranger class is everything but ranged (wtf?). You have a FULL melee tree, a support tree with a few summons and a 'ranged' tree that has as its ultimate skill a SUMMON (WTF?). I was astonished to find the incredibly huge difference of performance between the lightning arrow (t5 skill) from the ranged tree and thorns (t1 skill) from nature tree. Thorns is very nice, but it hardly feels like a ranged skill since you have to HUG monsters to get full damage and does extremely bad damage at distance, while lightning arrow is embarrassingly bad.

Why don't we have more procs on legendary weapons? Instead, we have -200 armor stat, some damage and sockets. This actually feels like world of warcraft, which is worse than diablo 3 by comparison from an ARPG standpoint. Why don't we have fun skills?

Thorns is basically the exact same skill as chaotic burst with spread / projectile number differences, just that it doesn't pierce (and maybe has more damage). I assume skills are extremely hard to design if this is what we are given to play with. I would GLADLY contribute with ideas if that's what missing.

I could see myself play all day with a ranger that has a strafe-like skill (similar with the one from diablo 2).

This is an ARPG. We like to feel overpowered while also facing challenges (the regular-boss monster difference). Why developers get it so wrong nowadays? It's not like T1 is going to be easy since it has that shitty reflect that basically invalidates ranged classes (why did you put it in the first place Salan) and huge stat penalty.

I guess I'll stick to Path of Exile and come back when the mod will take a better turn, if it ever will.

Miothan

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2015, 11:32:03 PM »
Synergies mod was never about the leveling, i agree with the rejuv potions tho, i have asked salan to remove all version of them before since they enable you to cheese encounters which is silly, i do not use them because my characters are all powerful enough to survive and kill anything and everything in Elite difficulty, but i do find it ridiculous that Salan has not removed them yet as they can be crafted indefinitely thus allowing you to skip the need for a balanced character (regen/def/power).

From my understanding procs are very hard to make due to GUTS not allowing you to change the base code (the backbone coding) so you can only toy around with what they gave us in the GUTS editor (Asked salan for some more procs ages ago and was told its very tricky to make them work and behave as they should due to lack of tools available), we have given loads of suggestions in the past, but there are major limitations on what can be done due to the GUTS editor quite frankly being very limited (as i have understood it).

I am not a fan of the Ranger and Outlander myself as i think they do not hold up very well in end-game activities.

T0 and T0.5 can be completed quite fast if you know what you are doing, but T1 (Darkness Falls) takes a long time and dedication to fully finish a set for your character, but it is really rewarding and fun :).

demon-storm

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2015, 05:18:24 AM »
I never expected that procs are hard to implement. That's understandable.

One thing that bothers me and I suppose bothers everyone universally, whether they like the mod or not is that classes are quite imbalanced. Some skills that are supposed to be main skills (or not necessarily) are underpowered, while some are overpowered. Improving some skills could be a huge improvement to the quality of leveling itself and to the mod overall. I can never see myself leveling ranger since it has underpowered ranged skills, but warlock seems very fun and has some very strong skills (apparently) that are fun to play with on top of them being extremely strong.

Miothan

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2015, 06:39:51 AM »
I never expected that procs are hard to implement. That's understandable.

One thing that bothers me and I suppose bothers everyone universally, whether they like the mod or not is that classes are quite imbalanced. Some skills that are supposed to be main skills (or not necessarily) are underpowered, while some are overpowered. Improving some skills could be a huge improvement to the quality of leveling itself and to the mod overall. I can never see myself leveling ranger since it has underpowered ranged skills, but warlock seems very fun and has some very strong skills (apparently) that are fun to play with on top of them being extremely strong.

Not all classes can do the hardest content (Darkness Falls - Challenge Chests), Embermage, Paladin, Outlander and Ranger can't complete all the Challenge chest challenges in Darkness Falls, and they also struggle a lot on encounters even when fully geared, at least from my experience when trying to get them to work, Embermage is currently the crappiest class and i would urge you to avoid it since it sucks for pretty much anything else than leveling.

Any class can do the T0 and T0.5 stuff, but the above mentioned classes cant complete all of Darkness Falls boss encounters, and they struggle a lot on the bosses they can kill.

potterman28wxcv

« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2015, 08:57:15 AM »
I understand why people get bored at leveling... The mod simply destroyed the leveling experience by introducing better alternatives that are boring (clockwork citadel) and you feel forced to level up there while buying gear from table mountain. Leveling the regular way isn't spectacular either, but at least vanilla T2 didn't try to be pretentious and was quite balanced (you would expect something different from a mod that claims it is a "complete conversion mod" (this is actually the first title you find if you type in google). The mod creator messed with the hp/damage numbers and messed up the difficulty curve, ESPECIALLY ON ELITE.

He did not. I can take any character you want and play the main story without any problem on elite.
If Elite is too much of a difficulty for you, just go back to Veteran.

After a 2 day grind, you end up in t0 with decent gear and 75% dr. At this point, the game summarizes itself at rejuvenation potion spam until you get t0 gear that is EXTREMELY not creative. You get like +stats, some speed here and there, maybe some %dr (that you acquire anyway by skulling / soulstoning) and THAT'S IT.

Honestly, the endgame feels like a watered down diablo 3 (d3 is pretty bad, so imagine). You basically twink/console your way to 100 while spamming rejuvenation potions in order to spam MORE rejuvenation potions to acquire t0 gear that feels like it's worse than your leveling gear (I've seen great uniques at leveling) just because it's the only gear that can be soulforged.
Please keep in mind that Salan is alone to do this mod. Sure, it won't be of the highest quality, because to balance stuff you need a lot of resources.
But at least, you have something to do after having completed the main quest.

And Tier 0 is the most balanced of the three tiers.. I would understand if you complained about Tier 0.5 and Tier 1, but man Tier 0 is just cool !

Also, nobody is forcing you to use rejuvenation potions. I personally don't because I find them way too OP (at least for Tier 0 ; at Tier 1 you pretty much need them though).

I am also extremely disappointed with the ranger class. I love playing ranger classes in ARPGs. Ranger class is everything but ranged (wtf?). You have a FULL melee tree, a support tree with a few summons and a 'ranged' tree that has as its ultimate skill a SUMMON (WTF?). I was astonished to find the incredibly huge difference of performance between the lightning arrow (t5 skill) from the ranged tree and thorns (t1 skill) from nature tree. Thorns is very nice, but it hardly feels like a ranged skill since you have to HUG monsters to get full damage and does extremely bad damage at distance, while lightning arrow is embarrassingly bad.
Taken from https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/ranger
A keeper, guardian, or soldier who ranges over a region (generally of wilderness) to protect the area or enforce the law.

I think Salan is closer to the definition of Ranger than you are.

Why don't we have more procs on legendary weapons? Instead, we have -200 armor stat, some damage and sockets. This actually feels like world of warcraft, which is worse than diablo 3 by comparison from an ARPG standpoint. Why don't we have fun skills?
Because procs and fun skills are fucking hard to do, and require a damn lot of time to set them up !
Sure, if Salan was hired by a private company, he could do that. But he is not, and he is doing it on his free time.

Would you have been alone to do all this stuff in your free time ? I don't think so

EDIT : Just saw that Miothan actually answered you on that point

This is an ARPG. We like to feel overpowered while also facing challenges (the regular-boss monster difference). Why developers get it so wrong nowadays? It's not like T1 is going to be easy since it has that shitty reflect that basically invalidates ranged classes (why did you put it in the first place Salan) and huge stat penalty.
I agree about the reflect. But, once again,  T1 is Work In Progress

And vanilla skills are even worst ! Just take the engineer ; out of all the damaging skills he has, you only use like 3-4 maximum of them.

Balancing stuff is the hardest thing to do in a game. Requires a lot of time and testing..
« Last Edit: September 12, 2015, 08:59:59 AM by potterman28wxcv »

demon-storm

« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2015, 08:50:51 AM »
I agree with most points, but:

(role-playing games) A character skilled in the use of ranged weapons.

A ranger may have different meanings in other domains, but in role-playing games as stated above, it should be focused on being ranged. It's ok having melee tree for ranger, never complained about that. It's that the ranged tree is extremely underpowered in my opinion... or at least very boring to play.

There was a guy named Brother Laz, it's likely you've heard of it since he created the most popular diablo 2 mod of all time. That mod has INSANE content compared to synergies. He may worked at it a longer time, but keep in mind he did most of the work in excel, modifying numbers and stuff since there weren't specialized tools for it. Mod making in diablo 2 was quite confusing at times (I tried it myself) and it's a long process. I'm didn't complain of the lack of content in synergies and I never will. I (along with others I suppose) want qualitative content since quality > quantity, especially in arpgs (take a look at diablo 3, you have to farm months to get perfect items, but the endgame is extremely boring). So far, some classes are extremely underpowered compared to others and boring for that matter.

It's not the t1 that needs to be reviewed. Keep it hard and challenging. Just buff some skills here and there in damage numbers at least. That wouldn't automatically break the game I suppose (in terms of balance).

Something I didn't think of before was playing with additional mods so I installed lao and the leveling experience seems more fun because it is more rewarding. I may take a look at the berserker later since you have more defensive options with this mod's items.

T0 is nice, but can anyone tell me why is Kite (the dragon boss) so hard? I can't be alone getting 1shots from his bombs or even melee attacks. Just something minuscule to point out.

I gave a shot at Warlock and it seems very fun to play. So can I ask you what's the best weapon setup for warlock? Most of his skills are based on weapon damage, so 2handers should be the best right? Unless I'm using the wrong skills? (I use netherbolts and it deals the most damage with slow weapons and the most damage over other skills as well). A little disappointed with meteor since it does little damage besides the good cc it provides.

Question #2: I have a weapon that applies a debuff that increases damage taken from electric damage. I tested it on dummy and if I use netherbolts, the buff can get into the -90% less resistance to that element, which is huge. So my question is: Is there a cap for this effect? Do monsters go below 0% resistances or I just negate whatever armor they have only?
« Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 10:00:00 AM by demon-storm »

Miothan

« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2015, 10:10:47 PM »
Regarding Kite and Kane, have a look at this topic: http://forums.synergiesmod.com/index.php?topic=5613.0

Kite and Kane are both overtuned for T0 content.

While leveling on a Warlock you can use any 2h weapon to get some damage, whatever works really, some 1h may even be better depending on their level etc, remember that Netherbolts takes its DPS from "Weapon Damage" and not "Weapon DPS".

Increased damage taken is the same as -damage Reduction, the only ability that does that is the Berserkers Howl (debuffs enemy damage reduction), there are individual debuffs as well tho, but the Berserker is the only one with an ability that debuffs all damage reductions, i am not sure if it can go below the 75% cap.

There are a few Warlock guides in the Warlock sub-forum if you are interested.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2015, 09:26:40 AM by Miothan »

potterman28wxcv

« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2015, 04:06:09 AM »
Salan only modified the embermage lightning tree so far, so yeah the vanilla classes are a bit underpowered right now (exception maybe for the berzerker). Though it's still possible to do the endgame content with them

demon-storm

« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2015, 09:51:38 AM »
Increased damage taken is the same as -damage Reduction, the only ability that does that is the Berserkers Howl (debuffs enemy damage reduction), there are individual debuffs as well tho, but the Berserker is the only one with an ability that debuffs "All damage", i am not sure if it can go below the 75% cap.

I did some testing. LAO mod has some overpowered affixes on items. One of them is 'conveys physical damage taken is increased by 10%'. FOREVER. So I went to a dummy and stacked 8000%. I managed to crit from 20k just from weapon swing to 800k. So I guess it works to infinity. But it's not that practical, can be useful in boss fights but boss go down fast at leveling anyway so there's that.

I dumped all my stat points into strength. I want to try a build that relies on direct damage rather than elemental damage from the 3 procs. Seems more appealing to me but it could be very hard to overcome reflect this way so I might switch to a melee build later.

potterman28wxcv

« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2015, 10:21:10 AM »
Increased damage taken is the same as -damage Reduction, the only ability that does that is the Berserkers Howl (debuffs enemy damage reduction), there are individual debuffs as well tho, but the Berserker is the only one with an ability that debuffs "All damage", i am not sure if it can go below the 75% cap.
Ya, there is also the "+ x% to armor" who is extremely OP. If you stack them in a good way, you can get crazy amount of armor.

LAO would be a very interesting mod with more balance actually.

Also, I have no idea how well does LAO synergy with Synergies
I did some testing. LAO mod has some overpowered affixes on items. One of them is 'conveys physical damage taken is increased by 10%'. FOREVER. So I went to a dummy and stacked 8000%. I managed to crit from 20k just from weapon swing to 800k. So I guess it works to infinity. But it's not that practical, can be useful in boss fights but boss go down fast at leveling anyway so there's that.

I dumped all my stat points into strength. I want to try a build that relies on direct damage rather than elemental damage from the 3 procs. Seems more appealing to me but it could be very hard to overcome reflect this way so I might switch to a melee build later.