Author Topic: Warlock build for leveling and endgame?  (Read 2172 times)

Mantias

Warlock build for leveling and endgame?
« on: September 27, 2015, 09:25:26 AM »
So I've just started using the synergies mod and decided to roll a Warlock. Would anyone be able to suggest some builds that will be effective for levelling as well as end-game? I'm planning on levelling via the Realm of Discord rather than playing through the story unless there is a reason not to do this. 

demon-storm

Re: Warlock build for leveling and endgame?
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2015, 03:37:47 PM »
Realm of discord is quite hard due to amount of bosses and monsters that don't usually spawn too often during regular gameplay. If you want an easy leveling experience, I recommend you go through the game normally, especially if you're playing on elite. Then you may choose to play Realm of discord or maps, now that you unlocked some tiers.

Warlock is very easy to level with netherbolts. Anything else is up to you.

Regarding end game build, you should check Miothan's one proc build in warlock build forum. It's pretty much the only 100% efficient endgame build.

However, if you want even an easier leveling experience and have a chance of actually building other viable builds, you should try to use LAO drop mod. It enhances the 2handers in this game (and all items for that matter, but mostly for 2handers since they are underwhelming in synergies lategame) and since warlock's spells are mostly based on weapon damage, 2handers are the best option for most builds.

A build I wanted to try was one that uses nether spikes as primary spammable. It is quite strong, however I tried it on LAO mod and I can tell you endgame (darknessfalls) is quite hard. Another build you can try is to use first skill from fire tree (forgot its name) since it allows life stealing modifiers so you'll be able to recover extremely fast lategame if you have good damage and at least 30k hp (quite unrealistic, but darknessfalls is pretty hard on melee characters that don't have 90k absorb shield - engineer).

For the one proc build you need a lot of focus and for weapon damage builds you need strength and some dexterity, so be careful what you want to put your stats in cause you can't unlearn them.

Mantias

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2015, 07:58:05 PM »
Thanks for that, I'll be sure to check out Miothan's build. Would you still recommend using the LAO drop mod (or any other mods for that matter) regardless of the build I decide to go with?

demon-storm

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2015, 05:07:44 AM »
Yes. It has the most impact on leveling. Later, you'll still need some of t0 gear to go to darknessfalls. It only makes the transition faster.

Mantias

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2015, 10:11:36 AM »
Sweet, thanks. Currently playing with it installed. Just have one last question if you don't mind: I've looked over the one proc build and I'm going to follow it, but there doesn't seem to be any mention of how I should be handling stat point distribution. Any tips there?

Miothan

• Bring in the dead, for the living has no use!
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2015, 10:44:57 AM »
Sweet, thanks. Currently playing with it installed. Just have one last question if you don't mind: I've looked over the one proc build and I'm going to follow it, but there doesn't seem to be any mention of how I should be handling stat point distribution. Any tips there?

If you plan on progressing to Darkness Falls, i would recommend you go with:

200 VIT
100-130 DEX (after 130 the diminishing returns makes it not worth any more points)
0-80 FOCUS
Rest in STR

That's the 495 stat points you gain from leveling up 1-100 and does not include stats from gear or anything else.
What was once dead, can be made into servants of death and destruction. Feast on the innocent, slaughter the weak and punish those who would stand in your way!

Mantias

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2015, 06:56:55 PM »
Awesome, thanks heaps for the reply.