Author Topic: Veteran or Elite? -- Ranged Ranger (thorns/elec)  (Read 1154 times)

arobi

Veteran or Elite? -- Ranged Ranger (thorns/elec)
« on: October 01, 2015, 01:44:35 AM »
I'm new to Synergies and first tried the Necro for a little bit, but I really like ranged characters and not summoners. I thought I'd switch over to the Ranger. The Thorns is very powerful (I was debating if it was a bit OP) but okay so far. The counters are a bit odd and not documented greatly though.

My issue is that by the start of Act2 in Elite I'm getting a bit bored as the monsters are getting more and more hit points and the progress is slow and not leveling often means I'm losing interest a bit. I also tried a different character in Veteran (just finished Act1) and it seems too easy (doing 1k DPS with the bar loaded) and wish there was a difficulty between the two for Synergies.

My question is what others think of the end game balance of veteran vs elite for such a character?

Some of how I play to affect the answer:
  • Always play solo offline
  • Played all 4 core classes without synergies on veteran and did not consider it too easy, but mostly just right
  • Get frustrated with frequent dying but want a bit of a challenge
  • Don't want to have feel like I'm grinding all the time

The issue is that it is hard to guess what it will be like by end game to know if veteran will become more of a challenge over time, or continue to be a bit of a cake walk. I know that elite is hard so I'm presuming that it really won't get much easier.

Build I'm mostly following:
http://forums.synergiesmod.com/index.php?topic=5414.15

Any advice or if veteran will get harder or if elite does always continue to be a slow (sometimes boring) treck? I like veteran, but the ranger seems to be even more powerful with Electrocute and Thorns (level 1 in Thorns ATM).

Thanks

arobi

Re: Veteran or Elite? -- Ranged Ranger (thorns/elec)
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2015, 06:58:19 PM »
Played a bit more in elite. My toon is getting better and with some +DEX items I was able to wield a unique bow with over 440 DPS and at level 31 I'm doing 1500 DPS now with +60-70% electrical damage. It is getting easier with the better gear and less boring. I think I'll stick to elite, seems that synergies is best with that difficulty.