Author Topic: Does Veteran Get Harder?  (Read 1172 times)

Black Clouds

Does Veteran Get Harder?
« on: October 02, 2015, 10:47:14 AM »
The reason why I got the mod was because I thought vanilla veteran was too frustrating with enemies who could one-shot you to death. I have the opposite problem with veteran synergies as the game is just too damn easy now. Does it get harder later on or should I really switch to Elite difficulty?
I'm about 30 percent through act one as the Outlander and enemies can barely damage me.

potterman28wxcv

Re: Does Veteran Get Harder?
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2015, 08:12:29 PM »
Synergies is balanced towars Elite difficulty. Whether you prefer Elite or Veteran is just a matter of taste and easiness.

Normal difficulty is very very easy.
Veteran difficulty is average
Elite difficulty is a challenge

Black Clouds

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2015, 01:20:29 AM »
Thankyou for the reply, buddy! Elite it is then.
Will start later on today, looking forward to a sizable challenge!

One question.
Is hardcore mode worth it or are there enemies who can one-shot kill you too frequently?

Black Clouds

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2015, 01:23:12 AM »
Oh, and I've noticed there is a dungeon in the first town you get to(realm of Discord) but the enemies are noticably difficult. Is this just a grind to get you up to scratch with levelling up your character?

Black Clouds

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2015, 07:40:26 AM »
Never-mind, I figured it all out.

Just finished the Corrupted Crypt Mission. Its funny as the big boss is a doodle to put down using the outlander as her bow can easily take him down from a distance. I lured him away from any other enemies and put an end to him rather quickly.
Then I decided to explore the rest of this level. My god, those uniques in the exact same dungeon are bloody annoying!!
I didn't died but I had to bail to the upper floor more than a couple of times. Luckily for me, I caught some decent fish and made my doggie into a huge troll who took care of business for me. I sniped those mages while he distracted them. They still turned on me pretty quick though. Its kinda hard as they shoot magic at you but I manged to wear them down. I just wish there was a big treasure chest for my ordeal but sadly there wasn't. :-(