Author Topic: Does +cold% double dip for mana missiles?  (Read 1033 times)

arobi

Does +cold% double dip for mana missiles?
« on: October 09, 2015, 08:15:38 AM »
Damage question for all of you. So if a toon has a wand with some cold damage, and casting mana missiles that is doing cold damage (at least it says it does), and they have equipment with +50% cold damage, does it apply twice? If not, does it apply only to the wand damage?

I'm trying to figure out if it'd be better to have a lower wand damage but with mostly cold damage. Currently I have one that mostly does lightning damage because of netherbolts but just respec'd to mana missiles. So my % lightning damage is only helping my dps at the moment due to my wand's lightning damage portion.

Also, does any know if the focus attribute only increases the wand dps or does it also increase the cold damage of the mana missiles after computing the skill damage based on the fraction of dps?

Thanks

Miothan

• Bring in the dead, for the living has no use!
Re: Does +cold% double dip for mana missiles?
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2015, 10:43:56 AM »
Damage question for all of you. So if a toon has a wand with some cold damage, and casting mana missiles that is doing cold damage (at least it says it does), and they have equipment with +50% cold damage, does it apply twice? If not, does it apply only to the wand damage?

I'm trying to figure out if it'd be better to have a lower wand damage but with mostly cold damage. Currently I have one that mostly does lightning damage because of netherbolts but just respec'd to mana missiles. So my % lightning damage is only helping my dps at the moment due to my wand's lightning damage portion.

Also, does any know if the focus attribute only increases the wand dps or does it also increase the cold damage of the mana missiles after computing the skill damage based on the fraction of dps?

Thanks

Focus increases all Magical damage you deal, that includes Fire, ice and Electrical. If you have +50% ice damage, your converted ice damage will be increased by 50% (base amount tho, so won't ever reach ridiculously high damage amounts).

Example: You deal 100 Ice damage, +50% ice damage (you now deal 150), if you add another +50% from another source you deal 200 damage.

I could be wrong tho, haven't kept the knowledge in my head since it's been quite a while since i did anything seriously in synergies so if you want to be 100% sure you can read this post which explains all damage mechanics: http://forums.runicgames.com/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=44975
What was once dead, can be made into servants of death and destruction. Feast on the innocent, slaughter the weak and punish those who would stand in your way!