Author Topic: Noob question: Does 100% chance to freeze from skull works with spells like:  (Read 869 times)

gregory_portman

Noob question:

Does 100% chance to freeze from skull works with spells like: nether bolts and nether slash?

And second one:
Does 100% freeze means only "slowing oponent and get an icon on the health bar of mob" or smth else?

I put the Zardon's Mighty Skull into my legendary grate axe and... i'm not sure what happened when using nether bolts/slash... Can someone explaint to me how does it works?

zundabar

It means you have a 100% chance to apply the frost damage debuff - reducing the enemy movement, casting and attack speed.

The only time this would affect a spell would be if the spell has "conveys all effects" as part of it's text, then it would carry over any and all weapon procs.

Albinosaurus

Any skills that have "%weapon dps" listed as part of their damage should also carry the on-hit effects of the weapon in question (the main hand weapon, if dual wielding). There are exceptions, but most on-hit effects work on most skills. Some definitely don't, though, such as life on hit or mana per hit. Common ones that usually do work are:

• Convey X damage over Y seconds
  • Chance for status effects
  • Adds X damage
  • Chance to cast {spell} effects
  • Knockback

For more info, read through this: How Stuff Works: Damage

gregory_portman

Any skills that have "%weapon dps" listed as part of their damage should also carry the on-hit effects of the weapon in question (the main hand weapon, if dual wielding). There are exceptions, but most on-hit effects work on most skills. Some definitely don't, though, such as life on hit or mana per hit. Common ones that usually do work are:

• Convey X damage over Y seconds
  • Chance for status effects
  • Adds X damage
  • Chance to cast {spell} effects
  • Knockback

For more info, read through this: How Stuff Works: Damage

Tyvm for the help.

Unfotunately my fun with the game was finally riuned by putting too much mods into one pack... especially LAO 2.0 that put another 2 sockets to every piece of gear and buff 2handers... etc etc.

I don't know what to do now. Elite is now to easy... everything is a mess in my version of game :)

What mod order do you suggest to have good balance and fun with synergies? Only Vanilla + synergies? Well I would like to play another classes also... I've been thinking about something like this:
1) Enhanced Retex of all graphics assets, part 1 of 2
2) Addon to Additional Classes.
3) Synergies
4) Additional Classes pack

+ Maybe highloot on the top of it...

What do you think? I'm looking for balanced experience with synergies, that's my top priority now.

Miothan

• Bring in the dead, for the living has no use!
Depends what you want out of the game, if you want a gear progression that you have to put in some work for then only use SynergiesMOD, if you do not like that then you have to test it yourself as we don't know what you enjoy in games.

Highloot will cut down on time needed to kill the same bosses to gather items. Additional classes mod may make the experience much easier depending on what numbers those classes has on their abilities as they have not been balanced for SynergiesMOD, so might end up being really easy.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2015, 10:29:12 AM by Miothan »
What was once dead, can be made into servants of death and destruction. Feast on the innocent, slaughter the weak and punish those who would stand in your way!

Albinosaurus

-Highloot definitely helps cut down the grind some.
-Socketables will undermine some of the balance, but gives more freedom for how you gear.
-Pet and Fishing Overhaul can mess with balance a bit if you abuse the consumable fish buffs, but otherwise brings fun and interesting stuff for your pet.
-100x XP and 10x Fame is great if you just want to skip to endgame content, but it may hurt your learning curve if you aren't already comfortable with each class' abilities.
-General Passive v.9 (the Synergies compatible one) will also mess with balance a fair bit, but it's great for builds that have a lot of left over points that you don't want to waste on skills/passives you won't use or care about.
-Free Entrance Resurrection is probably one of the few that I wouldn't play without. There's enough stuff to spend time grinding on that I just don't see a reason for gold to be one of those issues. Doubly true since most places in the game would only have you go to town and port back to save the gold anyway, so what you really save is time in loading screens.
-LurkerHUD is probably the other major one that I would rather not play without. It's simple, unobtrusive, and helpful. It also negates the need for a few other mods as they become redundant.

In general anything that lets you do more, or that isn't specifically designed with Synergies in mind, will likely upset the game balance and possibly introduce bugs/mod conflicts. Custom classes are especially guilty of upsetting balance since the people that make them are generally very amateur at game design, and don't have the full context or experience of Synergies to properly balance against it.

gregory_portman

Thanks for the replay, I take your advice and one extra mod Potty's - that include the mods you were writing about.

I'll test setup like this leveling my new Warlock:
1) Enhanced Retex of all graphics assets, part 1 of 2
2) SynergiesHIGHLOOT
3) Potty's Synergies Addon (WIP)
4) Addon To Additional Classes
5) SynergiesMOD
6) Additional Classes
7) Abysm

It should be well balanced for synergies... well, much better than first setup I had....

Greetings.

-Highloot definitely helps cut down the grind some.
-Socketables will undermine some of the balance, but gives more freedom for how you gear.
-Pet and Fishing Overhaul can mess with balance a bit if you abuse the consumable fish buffs, but otherwise brings fun and interesting stuff for your pet.
-100x XP and 10x Fame is great if you just want to skip to endgame content, but it may hurt your learning curve if you aren't already comfortable with each class' abilities.
-General Passive v.9 (the Synergies compatible one) will also mess with balance a fair bit, but it's great for builds that have a lot of left over points that you don't want to waste on skills/passives you won't use or care about.
-Free Entrance Resurrection is probably one of the few that I wouldn't play without. There's enough stuff to spend time grinding on that I just don't see a reason for gold to be one of those issues. Doubly true since most places in the game would only have you go to town and port back to save the gold anyway, so what you really save is time in loading screens.
-LurkerHUD is probably the other major one that I would rather not play without. It's simple, unobtrusive, and helpful. It also negates the need for a few other mods as they become redundant.

In general anything that lets you do more, or that isn't specifically designed with Synergies in mind, will likely upset the game balance and possibly introduce bugs/mod conflicts. Custom classes are especially guilty of upsetting balance since the people that make them are generally very amateur at game design, and don't have the full context or experience of Synergies to properly balance against it.

Albinosaurus

Cool. I wasn't suggesting that you should use them all (unless you want to), but was more offering a few suggestions and a brief opinion about them. The only two I would say you should definitely have are the bolded ones. The others are just like coffee: flavor them to suit your tastes.