Author Topic: Embermage Passive Overhaul for Synergies (WIP)  (Read 1682 times)

track1044

Embermage Passive Overhaul for Synergies (WIP)
« on: November 11, 2015, 04:08:13 AM »
Hello everyone.

Download Link (because I can't upload to the site "Cannot access attachments upload path!")

I wanted to play a Embermage and the first thing I noticed was the lack of any real interesting passives so I took up arms and knocked my head against GUTS to make some better passives for the Embermage and perhaps make the class a bit stronger than it is currently. "Embermage Passive Overhaul for Synergies" is a very long name so lets call it EPOforSynergies from now on.

This is my first mod made in GUTS but I have worked on plenty of mods for Skyrim and other games.
This is also a WiP as I need help with balancing, wording and finding the odd bug here and there.

Quick overview!
  • Elemental Brand - The 3 brands melted into one passive!
  • Armor Melt - Reduces your enemys armor when it's affected by status ailment!
  • Critical Strikes - Passive increase to Crit Chance and Crit Damage!
  • Elemental Damage - Passive increase to your elemental damage!
  • Spell Shield - Gain a stacking absorb shield when you hit your enemies!
  • Death's Bounty - Now triggers "On Struck" instead of "On Death"!

I'll provide concrete skill information and their philosophies at the bottom of this post.
Now, since this is my first mod, I'm gonna steal the mod installation instructions from another post.

How to use EPOforSynergies mod:

1.Before using this mod, RESET your Embermage skill tree, save and exit the game.

2.Open ModLauncher and put EPOforSynergies on TOP of SynergiesMOD (and SynergiesMOD Compatible Torchlight 2 Essentials if you have it), start the game and load your Embermage. Respec your skill tree, play and enjoy.

How to remove EPOforSynergies:

1.Before removing this mod, RESET your Embermage skill tree, save and exit the game.

3.Open ModLauncher and remove EPOforSynergies, start the game and load your Embermage. Respec your skill tree, play and enjoy.

Use at your own risk - backup everything before installing any mods

To do list
  • Iron out the bugs, if there is any.
  • Get more knowledge and experience with GUTS
  • BALANCING - NEED FEEDBACK ON THIS ONE

Changelog
V0.1 - Release into beta state after limited testing by my self.

Skills and their philosophies
  • Elemental Brand
Elemental Brand was created with efficiency in mind. All it does is combine all 3 brands (with no changes) into one to free up 2 passive slots.

• Armor Melt
Armor Melt is a changed "Staff Mastery" to allow the Embermage to build up damage easier and more effectively. This now reduces elemental armor by 5% (Rank 1) up to 40%(Rank 15). Staff Requirement removed, but instead the debuff only triggers on mobs affected by status ailments like frozen. This effect stacks and has an internal cooldown.

• Critical Strikes
The Embermage is a damage dealer and it was odd to me that the Embermage didn't have any real passives to support this. This passive increases your crit chance from 1% (rank 1) to 15% (Rank 15). It also increases your critical damage by 2% (rank 1) to 30% (Rank 15)

• Elemental Damage
Once again, the Embermage is a damage dealer and I felt like it needed an overall increase to damage and I felt like adding a passive with elemental damage bonuses gives more control over the damage and allows for easier balancing. I did not change skill damages because of this passive. It adds elemental damage bonuses from 4% (rank 1) to 48% (rank 15)

• Spell Shield
Lets face it, the embermage is very squishy with no real damage reduction and a very limited arsenal of defensive spell. So I created this passive to help alleviate that problem. This is not meant to be a "NOW I CAN FACE TANK EVERYTHING" passive. This is solely to help combat certain burst scenarios. This is a stacking buff with an internal cooldown, scaled after health from 0.33% (Rank 1) to 5% (rank 15)

• Death's Bounty
One of the bigger problems with the Embermage is that the class lacks sustain. To help with this problem I have changed Death's Bounty to be an "On Struck" effect instead of a "On Death" effect. I have also reduced the healing and mana regen by about 30% and reduced the internal cooldown slighty. Once again this is not a "I CAN FACETANK EVERYTHING BUILD" but instead allows a skilled Embermage to slowly recuperate from getting hit.

If you made this far, thanks for reading and have a great day!

potterman28wxcv

Re: Embermage Passive Overhaul for Synergies (WIP)
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2015, 06:15:39 AM »
Oh mine. It's gonna be a wreakfest during leveling with all these changes.

At least, these changes will definitely make the embermage more viable in T1

Prodigy

• Just your personal nightmare
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2015, 05:16:32 AM »
Didn't see this thread about my favorite mage , with these coming up this will be the strongest class ingame. And Im sure of this 90%.
Ill wage on the mage.

Olorin

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2016, 02:56:34 AM »
So, original author has probably left, but leaving this here for those that are interested in trying this.
Basically, playing on veteran difficulty, I managed to complete the dragon towers challenge, by killing the 2 dragons within 10 seconds of each other, without any deaths as well.
Managed to beat Rak'Var with 1-2 deaths as well. All this was accomplished wearing T0 gear only, so take from that what you will.